It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea to formally blame N. Korea for attack, and possibly drag the US and UN back into war.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't think that the US is going to get involved in this. They're too busy looking for reasons to go to war with their own people. (Us domestic terrorists who want to defend the Constitution. How dare we!)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

I certainly hope not.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
28,500 US troops already in S.Korea. Obviously you are already in it, and have been expecting to be in the # again since the last Korean war.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I honestly hope this does not lead to war. I agree though, Kim is attention starved and wants to turn people away from the Middle East to him. I'm suprised he hasnt pushed that red button yet.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

He started that 3 years ago however.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What I don't understand, and maybe never will, is why we treat NK with such kid gloves. I mean, through EVERY administration. You could say that's because of China's influence, but we've attacked other countries with greater national sponsors behind them.

And here we have North Korea blatantly supplying nuclear materials to our enemies. And what do we do? We bomb the Syrian plant at where those materials were stored.

Which is fine. Should have been done. But why just Syria and not knock the # outta NK's nuclear plants?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
And here we have North Korea blatantly supplying nuclear materials to our enemies. And what do we do? We bomb the Syrian plant at where those materials were stored.

Which is fine. Should have been done. But why just Syria and not knock the # outta NK's nuclear plants?

Same reason Iran's plants are not attacked, and it's pretty complex. Facilities are located deep underground, are fortified and are not known in detail. Anything short of a nuke won't do, in all likelihood, and ultimately damage assessment (a critical element of any such operation) won't be possible without risking lives of a large commando team.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

This is how the world reacted:

NORTH KOREA

The South's findings were a fabrication "orchestrated by the group of traitors in a deliberate and brigandish manner to achieve certain political and military aims," the National Defense Commission said in a rare statement carried by the official KCNA news agency.

"Our army and people will promptly react to any 'punishment' and 'retaliation' and to any 'sanctions' infringing upon our state interests with various forms of tough measures including an all-out war."

The Korean analysts are still saying that the North are bluffing by talking tough because a war would be too devastating for them. There's only so many times a country can threaten war before it actually happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join