It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea to formally blame N. Korea for attack, and possibly drag the US and UN back into war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

South Korea: North responsible for torpedo attack on warship

South Korea will formally blame North Korea on Thursday for launching a torpedo at one of its warships in March, causing an explosion that killed 46 sailors and heightened tensions in one of the world's most perilous regions, U.S. and East Asian officials said.

South Korea reached its conclusion that North Korea was responsible for the attack after investigators from Australia, Britain, Sweden and the United States pieced together portions of the ship at the port of Pyongtaek, 40 miles southwest of Seoul. The Cheonan sank on March 26, following an explosion that rocked the vessel as it sailed in the Yellow Sea off South Korea's west coast.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because South Korea has yet to disclose the findings of the investigation, said that subsequent analysis determined that the torpedo was identical to a North Korean torpedo that had previously been obtained by South Korea.

www.washingtonpost.com...

They also criticize China for waiting a month to express condolences for the attack and will ask for the UN to look into the issue.

Another possibly HUGE impact of their report will be them possibly asking for the US to NOT turn over full control of all troops in South Korea from US control to control of the South's military. The US has 28,500 troops in the South at the present.

The South has been very reluctant at any type of response so far, especially a military one, and this looks like they will try to drag the US and the UN back into an active war in Korea.

We can not allow this to happen.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well it has to end sometime. There will never be peace between the two; the war has to be finished.

It's going to be a bad one, but the two countries can't keep living like this.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

What are we supposed to do to prevent it?

South Korea lost nearly 50 sailors. The North's aggression was an act of war.

N.Korea last week claimed they had made head-way on nuclear fusion. Probaly better to act now before they have 1 or 2 megaton tipped nuclear warheads pointing at the South.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There were a number of things in this Washington Post story that raised my eyebrows and made me secretly wonder about false flag ops.

In particular, this passage:

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because South Korea has yet to disclose the findings of the investigation, said that subsequent analysis determined that the torpedo was identical to a North Korean torpedo that had previously been obtained by South Korea.

So, let's look at the full conspiracy picture:

1. Same torpedo used by S.Korean military
  2. Very quiet, initial investigation after the incident.
  3. End run could sway S.Korean opinion to keeping the U.S. military there for much longer.
  4. We should expect more of this, 'cause actually this how North Korean normally behaves.

Anyone else feeling steered?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wonder how much of the general population of the two Koreas want war, I bet not much at all.

If there's war it was caused by a very small group with outside influence.

How sure are the that it was a torpedo, and even if it was, who fired it, a North Korean sub or a NWO sub? Anyone can make up stories.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

1. Same torpedo used by S.Korean military
  2. Very quiet, initial investigation after the incident.
  3. End run could sway S.Korean opinion to keeping the U.S. military there for much longer.
  4. We should expect more of this, 'cause actually this how North Korean normally behaves.

Anyone else feeling steered?

A. NO. It is the same kind of NORTH KOREAN torpedo OBTAINED by the South.
B. Thats how investigations usually work.
C. no comment.
D. Just because N. Korea acts like Aholes all the time and runs their mouth 24/7 does not mean they should be allowed to get away with firing onthe Souths ship and in the process killing the sailors.

I agree on the part that we dont need a war right now. Thats the LAST thing we (as a nation)need.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don’t know call it a gut feeling.... But I think China is up to something. I bet they want to attack the U.S.A. They have never been that much of a fan. If we attack Iran or North Korea they are going to get involved.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I don’t know call it a gut feeling.... But I think China is up to something. I bet they want to attack the U.S.A. They have never been that much of a fan. If we attack Iran or North Korea they are going to get involved.

History does tend to repeat it self, hell in the 1st Korean War China stuck thier nose into the mix. So who's to say they won't do it again?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

What are we supposed to do to prevent it?

South Korea lost nearly 50 sailors. The North's aggression was an act of war.

Yeah. I know. I didn't necessarily mean we can't let them go to an active war again. I meant we can not allow the South to draw the US and the UN back into the active conflict if it re-erupts.

We already have a war on 2 fronts. We can not make it 3. If they fight it out, that's one thing. Don't allow us to be drawn into a 3 front war.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, SK will need approval from the U.S before they decide to retaliate against the North for their actions...

Not a chance.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
IMHO there is no need to UNPAUSE their war. NK blew one of their ships? Well, wait for the first opportunity and retaliate, by attacking one of their ships. And that´s it. Eye for an eye. Tooth for a tooth.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

There's a huge difference in them unpausing it between themselves and dragging the rest of the world into it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by henriquefd

There's a huge difference in them unpausing it between themselves and dragging the rest of the world into it.

yup. That´s why I offered that solution. No unpausing needed and thus, no dragging other countries into the mess.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I used to tutor many Koreans and count lots of them as friends. What was surprising is that many of them said that in a war between the North and the US, they would not be supporting the US.

I don't but NK sinking the ship; what would be the purpose?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We will all find out very soon that the oil rig explosion was caused by a North Korean sub. Then the US will pull everything it has just to start, or should I say finish the Korean Conflict. NWO style.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

In one of the first threads I started on this whole incident, someone made the comment that Kim Jong Il is attention craving and constantly needs the world to look at him. That is a pretty good assessment of him. With that being said, he has NEVER claimed responsibility for this.

The way he is, if he had done this, he would have wanted everyone to know it was him. He not only hasn't claimed responsibility he has denied having anything to do with it.

The only purpose I can see is to get the South to request specific assistance and hen attack the North. It's a South Korean false flag.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I believe either that or it was a mine or something and NK is being blamed. I do not think Kim would do this, as you say, without taking credit.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would be very surprised if there is any 'war', even though they are still officially 'at war'.

There's too much to risk for both sides.

All I can see happening is more sanctions placed on the North Korean regime.

the only danger there is, that Kimmy will get more desperate and try something even worse next time.

It's a hard situation indeed.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
North Korea probably expected this soon enough and are more than likely prepared for whats to come from South Korea (which wont be a lot IMO).

maybe li'l kims visit to china was for a more sinister reason.....

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Well, he did move 50,000 troops already, I think that's the correct number, to his southern border. He was getting ready for an invasion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join