It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Real “Enemy of the State”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
From my personal blog Fascist Soup:

Allow me to introduce a real “Enemy of the State.” A man the government fears so much they only talk about him in hushed conversations. His influence extends well beyond the grave and is at this very moment terrorizing the political and banking classes of our nation. You’ve probably never heard his name before, for good reason.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/986e9c63236d.jpg[/atsimg]
Murray N. Rothbard

Is he a terrorist like Obama mentor Bill “Weatherman” Ayers? Is he a terrorist like Umar “Panty Bomber” Abdulmutallab? Oh, no no no, Rothbard is far more insidious and conniving than the thuggish Ayers and Abdulmutallab. He’s the kind of terrorist the State fears more than all others combined.

He was an intellectual that devoted his life to proving the State is an evil institution that, at its root, uses violence to accomplish all of its goals.

His influence can be felt in Kentucky GOP Primary and in the Tea Parties taking place around the nation today. His intellectual works are responsible for the renegade economic theory of the Austrian school, a school of economics that advocates anarchy. - The total elimination of the State.

Anarchists have been depicted by the press to be idiotic college students that run around in black bandanas instigating riots and demanding an end to private property. A close look at these supposed “anarchists” claims leads one to immediately see they are a creation of the State itself and support MORE statism, not less. Advocating the elimination of private property, while at the same time advocating the elimination of the State, is an oxymoron of epic proportions.

It is interesting that few political views have been so demonized as that of anarchy. Hollywood has produced an endless stream of agitation propaganda depicting a state of anarchy to be equivalent to the apocalypse. The “Mad Max” series is a classic depiction of anarchy where society devolves into roving bands of thieves looting each other for scraps of food and oil. The media constantly shows images of “anarchists” creating riots and destroying private property. The government constantly puts out warnings about anarchists creating homemade bombs. All of this propaganda should be a clue to you that there is something larger at work here.

There is nothing the State fears more than a public waking up and realizing that the State is an unnecessary institution.

-That it always causes more harm by its actions than it does good.

-That its power will always be wielded by those with money and influence.

-That it is never fair.

-That it has an incentive to create wars and rumors of wars.

-That it has caused the untimely deaths of more people on this planet than any other creation of mankind.

-That it ultimately uses force in everything it does to accomplish all its goals.

-That the modern State could not exist without weapons wielded against those who have harmed no one.

To the State and its supporters, Murray Rothbard is a man so dangerous you’ll never hear him talked about in public circles. Unlike Noam Chomsky or Paul Krugman, Rothbard’s epic intellectual works are buried amid an unending torrent of disinformation, propaganda, and lies. His economic revelations are denounced by academic elite and central bankers, who themselves prosper immensely from Keynesian statism. His foreign policy views are denounced by the military industrial complex and elected representatives, who themselves prosper immensely from interventionist war policies. His views on personal liberty are denounced by both the left and the right, who themselves prosper immensely from the domestic bureaucracy created.

Yet to this day, the State has been unsuccessful in rooting out Rothbard’s ideas from the general public. The public is outraged at the abuses of power we’ve witnessed. The public is outraged at the destruction of the dollar. The public is outraged at the 23.7 trillion of tax payer loot handed to private bankers. The public is outraged at the attempts to regulate every aspect of our lives.

The US Constitution was created by men who shared many of Rothbard’s views on government. They were inherently distrusting of centralized power. They knew that an unconstrained government would eventually be seized by the monied elite and its power would be wielded against the common man in the name of good.

No man has done more to undermine State power while at the same time empowering the individual than Murray Rothbard.

Murray Rothbard is a true “Enemy of the State.”
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1fd4e2e05dc.jpg[/atsimg]

A little girl reading a quote on depressions by Rothbard:

[edit on 18-5-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
He looks like a cross between Gene Hackman from the movie of the same name and Henry Kissinger.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Hahah don't let his unassuming looks fool you.

He was an intellectual powerhouse.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Rothbard speaking on the founding of the Federal Reserve:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost invariably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. -H.L.MENCKEN

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

That's an awesome quote.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The Future of Austrian Economics

Murray unloads in this famous speech given just after the collapse of the Soviet empire.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Incredible thread. Mnemeth1, I like the cut of yer jib.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I just cannot get how people do not understand one basic tenet.

If corporations did not have their enforcement arm (government), they would not be able to enforce their will.

There is not much more that needs to be said in that regard.

S&F Free market man!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

That's exactly right.

You can't blame corporations for looting the public blind by socializing losses, you have to blame the power of government for existing in the first place.

Of course politicians will be corrupted by money and power, they are only human (unless they are Ron Paul, who is super-human). It is ridiculous to think that giving a class of individuals power over others will result in a fair and equitable socio-economic system.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I was on a thread the other day and I gave a list of votes taken over the last few years. Like the Patriot Act, Stimuloporko, amongst others. I asked who voted the right way on things. They gave me a list of people that voted on each one.

Then I asked who voted correctly on all of them. They refused to answer.

Typical. Of course we know who's name should have been said.

Anyway, I should really read some of these people that everyone keeps posting.

The problem is, I really do not have to. This should be just common sense. I can see it. Hell, while taking Macro, Micro, and other Business administration courses in college, all my profs were Keynesian hacks. I only read the texts given to me. Even then, I use to get in debates with my profs that what they were stating was all wrong. They did give me good grades because I gave them the answers they wanted of course. But to those that took the classes, that just did not understand the basics of commerce and free markets, they took the profs at their word.

Oh well, cannot expect people to learn when they have been taught NOT to question things.

top topics

join