It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Russia, and other major powers agree on new Iran sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

US, Russia, and other major powers agree on new Iran sanctions

www.forbes.com

WASHINGTON -- The United States won agreement from China, Russia and other major powers on tough new sanctions against Iran's nuclear program Tuesday, a day after Tehran sought to stave off penalties through a deal to swap nuclear materials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wonder what these sanctions mean in full?...

I heard some speak of stopping all international flights in and out of the country as well as the shipping of certain products into the country.

I don't believe the Iranian administration will feel too much pressure from these sanctions and will only speed up the nuclear enrichment so they may shove it in the face of the UN. It's a terrible way to go about things... but at least we haven't gone to war....

Yet.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Moscow leaves on the conscience of the U.S. statements about the work on resolution on Iran
translate.google.com... l=auto&tl=en

Москва. Moscow. 18 мая. May 18. INTERFAX.RU - В Москве оставляют на совести американской стороны заявление о достигнутой договоренности по проекту новой резолюции СБ ООН по Ирану. INTERFAX.RU - In Moscow, leaving the conscience of the American declaration of agreement on a draft UN resolution on Iran.

"Американцы имеют право на любые заявления", - заявил во вторник "Интерфаксу" источник, близкий к МИД РФ. "Americans have the right to any statements," - said Tuesday, Interfax "a source close to the Foreign Ministry.

По его оценке, на "их совести лежит объективность отражения характера консультаций", прошедших по данной проблеме среди отдельных членов СБ ООН, который состоит из 15 государств. According to him, to "their conscience is objective reflection of the nature of consultations, in the past on this issue among some members of the UN Security Council, which consists of 15 states.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I did already post this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join