It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New And Improved Chat is Now Running!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I really don't like chat, but it looks and works well.

I have a suggestion, when you have the ATS 2010 up, you should consider a mouse-over script for the chat button that can show how many members are in chat before clicking. Or some kind of mini preview, maybe a list of members in chat?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I thought the old chat was way better. Oh well, at least we still have a chatroom.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'd love to connect with people on a more personal level through chat..... but even though I've been a member a while, I still don't have the required 50 posts to chat. How unfortunate!

But by this, I am working on it

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Chat room is awesome, I like.

I visited for a bit but conversation was a bit too dry for a pub. When I have time and courage I will open a room. I like chatting with interesting people.

Kudos ATS well done.

Rhain

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would like to post a thank you for this wonderful thing!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
where is this chat button you speak of?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
where is this chat button you speak of?

Two buttons to the left of the log out button. I think you need 50 posts first.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Okay so I tried to go into chat but when the screen pops up, it wont load properly, its just a blank grey screen. Im not sure if its a glitch that happens to alot of people or its just my computer, any suggestions on how to fix this?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I have no idea how to fix this but I'm sure an admin will know so I'm giving this thread a bump.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Alright thanks! It only worked maybe twice this week for me but I couldnt type due to my keyboard being broken. But I just got a new one so im excited to be back in chat, hopefully someone can help me out.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thats pretty much the same thing I get when I try to connect from work, are you attempting to connect from work or home? Also what web browser and add-ons are you using?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just a pity you need at least 50 posts to be able to login tho'. I guess I need to do my part quickly to be counted amongst the "elite".

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Hey Jess

Your not alone, not sure if its the same issue, but mine sets on the grey screen too, and after a few mins it redirects to IE...or a flash player d-load...I ran full scans...nuthin....
I can post replies, read threads, and do everything I always have been able to do... ATS or not...but chat is the only thing I can't get back in, @ this point I still think it could be my PC...but time will tell...

good to see you again

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This could be a popup blocker issue maybe?

Try adding the chat URL as allowable?

Without system info and specs its hard to try and snag it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Since the chat is up and running I have only seen a grey screen with the ATS 2010 logo in the upper left corner.

It's not working for me. I also used Internet explorer and google chrome. Currently using Opera.

Please help ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

No pop up blocker...IE....windows 2000

worked until the wee hours of last Saturday night...a few hours later....gray screen, it was nice while I could get on...

ohhh and norton 360 home full system scans no virus's or adware malware...but I am lacking in the PC knowledge dept...
On my own admitance...hope this helps.

I can use the media, and all ATS features ...except chat, and the other few places I go...no problems either...still could be my setting IMO...
But, I have changed nothing from the time it worked until it did this.

wish my print screen worked, then I could show you.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just tried to check out the new chat, but each time I hit the "chat" button in the tool bar, it goes to "boards" page....
Anyone else get this?

ETA: Ok now it is going 404. A fix is in progress I guess.

[edit on 22/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Never been to chat before just had a quick look and it worked fine ... said hello and got shy so left

But might be something to check-out again when it's a quiet night on the boards ... and I gather my courage up.
Either way it's nice to have the option cheers Bill.

Woody

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow.

If that's new and improved, I'm glad I didn't try it before, probably would have crashed me.

All I get is the gray screen.

I use Opera with a Comodo firewall.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I was just in there and it was working fine for me and about 10 other people in there.

windows xp and on firefox right now..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join