It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthals were fully developed Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

Generations have been taught to believe that Neanderthal Man was a half-stooped ape-man barely able to walk. This initial reconstruction of the Neanderthals was based on evolutionary bias ('Theory' of Evolution) and occurred before complete and better preserved bones of the Neanderthals were discovered showing that they were completely erect and completely human in every way.

By the time many scientists (though not all) came to be convinced that the Neanderthals were completely human, not half-ape or becoming human, the factual damage in the popular media was done and the Neanderthals became forever synonymous with low intelligent, brutish, knuckle-walking ape- men.

"The great pathologist Rudolf Virchow (1821-1902) claimed that the Neandertal specimen he examined had rickets and arthritis, which may have caused some of the unique Neandertal features, but his opinion was overlooked. It took 44 years for the highly misleading nature of the reconstructions to be revealed, indicative of the shared bias of the evolutionary community.

Even after the Neandertal reconstruction at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago was shown to be false and highly misleading, it took another 20 years for this renowned institution to correct its display!" (Source).

"Despite the PBS series on evolution, the status of Neandertal Man has been improving among evolutionists during the past 10 years. The series’ failure to mention any of the recent discoveries appears to be typical of its whole propagandistic thrust. The discovery of a human hyoid bone (related to the larynx or voice box) prompted many evolutionists to state that Neandertal Man had speech and language ability equivalent to modern man.

That is incredible. They were fully developed just like us. I thought they were retarded, hunched over and abusive.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well, Neanderthals are us so to speak. They evolved around Europe had fair skins, reddish hair and their cranium had a higher volume then Homo Sapiens. . Homo Sapiens migrated out of Africa and was dark skinned, when they reached the area around Europe they interbred as it was shown that Caucasians have Neanderthals DNA.

That would explain Caucasian skin being lighter, lighter hair and since Neanderthals had a higher cranial capacity I wonder if that is the reason why Caucasians are generally more intelligent then humans of African descent. I am not being racist, this is per "father of DNA"

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Hahaha. No. Greater cranial capacity is not directly relate to greater cognitive function. Also, no, caucasians are nor usually more intelligent that blacks.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

That is incredible. They were fully developed just like us. I thought they were retarded, hunched over and abusive.

I'm assuming you're being satirical...

Neanderthal were 'fully formed' like any other viable life form on Earth. They buried their dead, wore jewellery, had speech and made tools.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
Well, Neanderthals are us so to speak. They evolved around Europe had fair skins, reddish hair and their cranium had a higher volume then Homo Sapiens.

Were they fair-skinned? I'll take your word for it, if you're sure, but I'm surprised- because I had read that they seemed to suffer from rickets, and I understood that this was one of the drawbacks of having a dark skin in the colder climate zones. So it seemed logical that they could have been dark-skinned.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Recent genetic discoveries suggest that they were white:

Bones from two Neanderthals yielded valuable genetic information that adds red hair, light skin and perhaps some freckling to our extinct relatives.
SOURCE

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Thank you for your courteous help.
Ah, well. Another fine theory bites the dust. It semed so logical, too!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
No crap. I didn't know everyone believed they weren't?...

I mean, we did NOT evolve along besides apes with a distant common ancestor. There is no evidence for this..

We are, and always here, the human race.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Oh Goodie! Now my boyfriend won't scoff at me whenever I scoff at the notion that Neanderthal man was half-man/ape. I just never understood how we could base an entire 'race' of humans on just a couple of skeletons without even taking into consideration that something could be wrong with them or a lot of bias went into their 'reconstruction'. I always thought we didn't have enough evidence to go on to have a unanimous consensus.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Isn't it possible that these two skeletons happened to be white. Because two are, they all were?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The premise of the quote in the OP is completely absurd.

The argument that scientists have been "resisting" considering Neandertal to be "fully human" is preposterous.

The argument is a straw man constructed so that the site may attack it - claiming that creationists leave no room for any "sub human" species, since Jebus wouldn't have created such a thing, and that there is some "evolutionary bias" that kept scientists from considering Neanderthal to be "fully human."

People, please. What, exactly, do you think the word "Homo" means (as in Homo Neanderthalis)?

Every species of primate with "Homo" in its name is "fully human" and has always been considered thus by everyone except creationists.

Originally posted by nunya13
I just never understood how we could base an entire 'race' of humans on just a couple of skeletons without even taking into consideration that something could be wrong with them or a lot of bias went into their 'reconstruction'. I always thought we didn't have enough evidence to go on to have a unanimous consensus.

That may have been the case a century and a half ago, but we today have literally thousands of partial skeletons and a great many practically complete ones.
This website talks about a find in 1899 that yeilded 850 fossil remains friom, at least eighty different Neanderthal individuals. And that was in 1899.

The material from Krapina Cave, Croatia, was first discovered in 1899 by K. Gorjanovic-Kramberger. The material from this site is the largest sample of Neanderthals ever found, and is one of the largest fossil hominid samples ever found. There are more than 850 human fossils from more than eighty individuals at the site , most of whom died between the ages of sixteen and twenty-four years. This material has been dated to approximately 130 kyr.

Harte

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Harte]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Homo Sapiens migrated out of Africa and was dark skinned, when they reached the area around Europe they interbred as it was shown that Caucasians have Neanderthals DNA.

Also around the Levant, a prime cross-roads for hominins into and out of Africa.

I'm sure the human species would have achieved a lighter skin on their own had they longer to evolve in the northern latitudes, since darker skin inhibits the production of vitamin D in a lesser sunlight environment.

My issue with this topic is the thread title which is a mistatement at best - Neanderthals were not fully developed humans, in the sense of "homo sapiens". Even the first waves of homo sapiens that left Africa were not fully developed, the distinction being between "anatomically correct" and "behaviorally modern". Physically there was no difference between them but behaviorally modern humans were much more developed mentally. They may owe their brain development to a coastal lifestyle feeding on a protein and iron rich diet, while Neanderthals lagged in that area of development.

If anything, the BM humans arriving out of Africa were the smarter of the species, and it was the Neanderthals (or their offspring) who stood to gain from the interbreeding. Well, not so much for the Neanderthal, since as far as we know it wiped them out.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by frankensence]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Neaderthals are still seen in parts of Canada. Yes they do look much like Homo-Sapiens, but you can spot 'em by the way they drag thier hands on the ground. They get jobs driving trucks. I met one. Another throwback lived near my house. They do have a diminished brain capacity but are very much like us.

top topics

join