It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Rockefeller Tells Neil Armstrong: 'I Am a Substantial Skeptic of Human Spaceflight' and America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Human space exploration IS an end in itself, because, ultimately, we have to leave this planet. And besides that, it's really, really cool.

It's MY tax dollar, and I want it spent on peaceful exploration and colonization of space. NOT bailouts and wars!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Ive had that happen to me a few times.

We could benefit from another space race of some sort. The competition between country's could push for some great public advancements. Especially if we got private company's involved who NASA could collaborate with.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Russia is making going to Mars signals.
Perhaps that will put some space program enthusiasm into
space skeptical America.
Good old competition with Russia.
ED:
I think Russia says they will use and ion powered space ship
built in orbit.
But I think the time is right to use the million miles per hour
ship and win the race.
(Yikes only built 100 years ago)
(And the Rockies should know)

[edit on 5/18/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Personally I'd rather see the government end all entitlements, end social security and all welfare payments and plow that money into the space program.

The poor would end up better off in the long run, from the technology advances, and the jobs created by tech. spinoffs.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Like most things, all politics is local. I'm quite certain that West Virginia has little, if any aerospace industry located there. If they did, he'd be all over it. Every dime that goes into space flight and aero-space is money that will get sucked up by big aero-space states like Florida, Texas, California, etc. that can't be put into the mining industry, or whatever else W. Virginia has to offer (is there anything else there?).

This is just how it goes, this is how it always goes with these things.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Like most things, all politics is local. I'm quite certain that West Virginia has little, if any aerospace industry located there. If they did, he'd be all over it. Every dime that goes into space flight and aero-space is money that will get sucked up by big aero-space states like Florida, Texas, California, etc. that can't be put into the mining industry, or whatever else W. Virginia has to offer (is there anything else there?).

This is just how it goes, this is how it always goes with these things.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by LifeInDeath]

www.gb.nrao.edu...

West, by God, VA has the Green Bank observatory and a network of radio telescopes so sensitive that areas are designated EM sensitive and require special permits and face certain restrictions in the operation some electronic equipment. It's dubbed the radio quiet zone.

www.gb.nrao.edu...

Some of the first SETI studies were conducted at Green Bank way back when ('60's).

~~~

In response to the OP and conversation in this thread I have to agree that a collaborative effort has the best chance of succeeding, while at the same time working in conjunction with private industry. I don't think Rockefeller is wrong in that respect at all.

It's pretty disappointing to me that September will see the last of the shuttle launches. Granted it's an aging program, but it's difficult to imagine that a replacement program wasn't ready to go before the scheduled final flight.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The problem is all the expense in firy gases to lift off and the heat
shielded reentry to get back has a more advanced method that
has been well known to exist.
If we can't use the advanced method for something useful to mankind
on the ground then why use the inefficient method.
NASA was useful for von Braun after he developed the advanced method
of space travel.
Basically there was nothing left for von Braun to do while the rest of
the Illuminati had to run the Nam war.
Space is about to be shut down as the energy forces continue the
struggles on the Earth's surface.
Time for that new type of energy that people are waiting for.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
The problem is all the expense in firy gases to lift off and the heat
shielded reentry to get back has a more advanced method that
has been well known to exist.
If we can't use the advanced method for something useful to mankind
on the ground then why use the inefficient method.
NASA was useful for von Braun after he developed the advanced method
of space travel.
Basically there was nothing left for von Braun to do while the rest of
the Illuminati had to run the Nam war.
Space is about to be shut down as the energy forces continue the
struggles on the Earth's surface.
Time for that new type of energy that people are waiting for.

It is called the private sector. There have been several companies in the past that actually had good ideas to go to different planets. They were about to but NASA and the government stopped them and shut them down. Now talk about a monopoly there!

One decision I am glad Obama allowed and that the private sector can go into space. Just kind of like how the federation started in star trek.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by Dermo

I believe is he wanting to push the American Space program into obscurity. A lot of the breakthroughs were pioneered with the advent of space flights and future space programs.

Breakthroughs are not acceptable as America should not be a leader anymore. We have already had Obama say a few times that he is embarrassed that America still remains a world superpower. So NASA, regarded as the premier space programs should be cut off so that others can lead.

No..the key word is 'global'. They lost the war. This is how they begin inserting their foot back in the door. The reasons, and ramifications, for the need for 'space' are manifold. If they can centralize power for space research, they have a tighter grip on the 'discoveries', or rather, the activities they are conducting there. Believe it or not, the carnivorous lunar activities they are engaged in have made us less free, less enlightened, than had they not done anything at all. You see...in space, anything in orbit, travels all around the globe. Therefore they have assumed global dominion, since 10/4/57, to be a space based operative. Why confine all that destructive ability to only one nation? It's a sign of surrender, basically, a sour grapes thing. Once you are rich, like rocky there, you begin to grab at new horizons to call your own. He is modulating control. Meting it out. God knows what these clowns are brewing up in the lab, and aiming at us with invisibility, and supreme pernicious intent.

Yeah, another global imperialist is kind enough to leak some wisdom.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I did not have time to read everyone reply so if this is already said then i apologize.

First of all I am not a fan of what admittedly little I know about the Rockefellers.

That being said, I do not see a coordinated global space "society" (don't know what to call it) as a bad thing. To make any meaningful steps quickly into space a coordinated effort would be much quicker than the way things are done now, with everyone for them selves.

This, I think, would have to be set up by people who are not necessarily government related. I don't know how it would be kept from being as corrupt as any agency that is in place now but if it somehow stayed legitimate I think we could accomplish great things with all the world greatest minds working together.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
OK I think I know why this moral moron hates the US space program. It's quite simple. The globalists wish to destroy any concept of US exceptionalism, either real or imagined. In fact any nation under their thumb, in their philosophy, needs to quash any nationalism, and strive towards mediocrity and miserable servitude.

If they can convey a feeling of hopelessness and great want, with one's hand ever outstretched to receive the crumbs from our globalist masters, then their conquest will be complete.

That's why they will always promote government social programs over the space program. While the space program, fires the imagination, and inspires dreams of exploration and the desire to see the glories of God's universe. Their pathetic welfare programs promote helplessness, misery and dependency.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
West, by God, VA has the Green Bank observatory and a network of radio telescopes so sensitive that areas are designated EM sensitive and require special permits and face certain restrictions in the operation some electronic equipment. It's dubbed the radio quiet zone.

That's cool, but a radio observatory is not really what I meant by an aerospace company/institution. Yes, it's NASA, but it's a ground-based science installation, not a company building rocket engines, nose cones, space-suits, etc. Rockafeller could be saying, "hey, let's spend more money on radio detection equipment and put the new and upgraded devices in our Green Bank Observatory."

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
“By the mid-2030s, I believe we can send humans to orbit Mars and return them safely to Earth. And a landing on Mars will follow,” he said.

It's very obvious that he doesn't know that Mars is closer to Earth than the asteroids in these quotes.

I think he was muddling his intel - but I could be wrong - we would probably try for Phobos before Mars - was he meaning Phobos or an NEO object?

Sorry if this has been posted already - hadn't time to scan all the responses.

Personally I think it is a crime how depleted the space program is already - I watched the Moon landings as a kid and thought we'd be all over the Solar system by now. At the very least that we'd have a moon base and have walked on Mars. Not getting any younger - hope they crank it up a gear so it happens in my lifetime!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Sceptic_al]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

I'd be more happy with a 'Star Trek' type federation of countries.

Earth federation..where international co-operation for the good and furtherance of the human race as a whole, rather than competition for the furtherance and good of a corporation or country, is the norm.

If we all pool our resources, there isn't anything humanity couldn't do.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

The word "human" wasn't an accident, from this old reptile. And his crapola stinks!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster

Well i'm happy to explore this avenue with you but instead of going off in to fantasy land about what might be lets stick with what we know.

Fantasy land? Really? Over the course of time, everything, even Man, evolves. Nature of the beast, if you will.

Number one you can not assume we have the time to evolve to any greate degree because we have 7bn people and the soil can not suport that many people without oil base products and we have created super weeds and in our hospitals we have super bugs that will only get worse because antibiotics are becoming ineffective.

In you ever so humble opinion, you mean. Hardly an iron clad fact, my friend. It's more the politics/policies of various countries that prevent us from feeding the whole world. Not because of the "soil". Oil based products will be around for a while longer. Other energy sources are out there as well. Wind. Solar. Tidal. I'm fairly certain there are others to go with those.

Super weeds. Super bugs. Yep...both are out there. ...and that is a concern. Hardly doomsday, though. Super bugs that are resistant to the newest of anti biotics and other medicines have been found to be very susceptible to plain old vanilla Penicillin. Just because they adapt away from one super drug, doesn't necessarily equate to being resistant to others. Same with the super weeds. Resistant to the latest in herbicides? So? Other means, up to and including the good old fashioned yanking 'em out of the ground, work to control them. Again, hardly a doomsday scenario.

Any real steps will need to happen after the population problom is solved and yes i agree not all will die.

What population problem is that? Once the energy distribution problem is licked, and it will be in our lifetime. There'll be plenty for everyone...no recourse to population control required.

So lets start from a point of view that it will not happen anytime soon and will happen when our numbers are reduced so removing the need but not mans nature to go looking.

Man's nature is one of looking over the next horizon, or horizons. Moving out into space to colonize will, though I disagree with your requirement for population control, remove the need for any such thing. Yes, the colonies will, for a while, be too small alleviate "overpopulation". But only for a while. Many millions will, in my opinion, happily head for the stars for a chance to build something new. The moon, Earth orbit, Lagrange points, all the other spots hinted at by science fiction, and science are there for the exploitation. Yes. I said exploitation. If no one is there, who's gonna care?

Do you agree with this so far

Nope, I don't. Space is Man's next great evolutionary step. It's only waiting for us to do so.

Yeah, I'm blue skying a bit. That's where dreams of the future begin.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
it's all in the name ! Rockefeller member of the Elite! just waiting for a Rothschild to say the same ! Next!! i guess there loosing grip! and trying to reach with the other hand! Sorry Elite MBTC + Men behind the Curtain People are waking up! there is a lot of Brave Politicians and Astronaut's
are wanting to disclose! obviously Rockefeller isn't !

Well like this incident when a Family! Elite can not handle defeat and the thought of Loosing Power! was this kind of a inherited monarchy ! ?

as the Elimination of the Kennedy Family and Clinton Family was making the Approach

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Sen. Rockefeller Tells Neil Armstrong: ‘I Am a Substantial Skeptic of Human Spaceflight’ and America's Drive to Explore is Not All 'Glorious'
www.cnsnews.com...

ohh wikipedia@! LOL !

the Family of the Rockefeller's !

International politics/finance/economics

The family has been awarded the annual UNA-USA’s Global Leadership Award, along with other recipients over time, including Bill Clinton and Michael Bloomberg. Members of the Rockefeller family into the fourth generation (especially the prominent banker and statesman David Rockefeller, who is the present family patriarch) have been heavily involved in international politics, and have donated money, established or been involved in the following major international institutions:

@@ * The Council on Foreign Relations - David, David Jr., Nelson, John D. 3rd, John D. IV (Jay), Peggy Dulany, Rockefeller Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
* The Trilateral Commission - David, Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
@@ * The Bilderberg Group - David, John D. IV.
* The Asia Society - John D. 3rd, John D. IV, Charles, David.
@* The Population Council - John D. 3rd.
* The Council of the Americas - David.
* The Group of Thirty - The Rockefeller Foundation.
* The World Economic Forum - David.
* The Brookings Institution - Junior.
@* The Peterson Institute (Formerly the Institute for International Economics) - David.
* The International Executive Service Corps - David.
* The Institute for Pacific Relations - Junior.
@* The League of Nations - Junior.
@ @* The United Nations - Junior, John D. 3rd, Nelson, David, Peggy Dulany, Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
* The United Nations Association - David.

What this Elite Family has been involved in
# Agriculture,# The Arts,# African-American history,# Education,# International Relations,# Economic Development,# Labor,# Medicine,# Philanthropy,# Politics,# Population,# Religion,# Social Sciences,# Social Welfare,# Women's history
Sources!
en.wikipedia.org...

My Apologies for Grammar and Spelling

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by elfie

That's cool, but a radio observatory is not really what I meant by an aerospace company/institution. Yes, it's NASA, but it's a ground-based science installation, not a company building rocket engines, nose cones, space-suits, etc. Rockafeller could be saying, "hey, let's spend more money on radio detection equipment and put the new and upgraded devices in our Green Bank Observatory."

Yeah, true. Who knows. Since I consider myself staunchly pro space exploration, I can't really guess as to his reasoning except for costs. Even there the return in modern technology advancement is many times over the investment. As I said before I think that collaboration is a good thing, but am still disappointed that manned missions have been scaled down so drastically beyond Earth orbit in favor of robotic missions. I agree that, ultimately, our future depends upon it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We just need Russia ! China or Japan or India ! ? to Announce a plan to go to Mars! then we will have a 2nd space Race for what reason ! i can tell you! For what reason! it called Mineral Resources ! like the reason to Harvest the Moon for!! HELIUM 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!

to Explore what out in our own solar system ! besides Mars how about Jupiter's Moons especially Europa , OR Saturn's Moons Especially Titan

Star Trek here we come !

Think about it
from the Ratio we had from the Apollo 8 to 17 1968 to 1972
4 years time ! where would we be if we were still in that type of ratio! ? what would we have accomplished would there be a colony on mars terraforming ? would we be at Europa or Titan exploring ?

Just as WW2 that lasted 6 years 1939 to 45 and what the Nazis created you know Jet Fighters me 163 or me 262 Advanced Type XXI U-boats to V2 Rockets + Many more er Vril Craft ? Remember Operation Paperclip ! and many of our technology came from these machines ! The Nazi were close to the Atom Bomb Also .. if a Evil Nation came up with these Ideas with only a 6 year Ratio were would we be now !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Just an FYI - that's a huge typo in that story. It should be 2025, not 2525, especially with what Obama said before-hand:

To top it all of, Obama optimistically adds, “I expect to be around to see it.”

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join