It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineering SEXLESS Humans tommrows tek

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Both. I read it a while back and wanted to post it. The thread seem to go well with it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

You could as well get rid of the relationships formed between pairs, and leave the sex for the fun and the physical and mental health of the people.

Same result

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
reply to post by Helig

You could as well get rid of the relationships formed between pairs, and leave the sex for the fun and the physical and mental health of the people.

Same result

What I'm saying is that without the sex the relationships would honestly be better because they wouldn't be based on things like sexual attraction and appearance. You wouldn't have pairs that split up later in life because one suddenly loses interest in sex or suddenly stricken with impotence (largely a male problem). Or better yet look at the incidents where say a woman wants children by X age, but her bf/husband/whatever isn't ready yet; she issues an ultimatum and he either capitulates or the whole relationship falls apart -- if they weren't even concerned about reproduction it would be a non-issue.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It would be nice if somehow it was a choice. That way we can avoid the random meaningless tortures of it being all wrong. Once it is wrong then death seems to only way to really fix it until technology advances.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I personally see it as one of the outcomes for our race as humans, to someday leave all this rubbish behind.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I can never understand why some people want us to be genderless, I'm all for transhumanism, but have to be honest, I enjoy being male, am perfectly happy females exist, and dont see the draw to do away with either.

I'm all for genders existing equally, (this also means feminists can back off, as they dont want equality, they want to be better than males)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This would be the most diabolical idea I am aware of so far. Next to eradicating all human life on the planet.

Its like putting a human being on the same stage with a single celled organism.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
sounds pretty gross
shemales/hermaphrodites kind of freak me out/
also, if i had to sit down to pee i would be kind of sad, thats jsut lame.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

I would highly disagree and suggest you read up on evolution.

It an organism accepts the genetic engineering, as in, it doesnt die, then it is acceptable. BECAUSE that mutation could of happened naturally. for example, making an apple smell like a lemon (ate one) is not evil, as it doesnt kill the apple. An apple could of naturally evolved to smell like a lemon, and vice versa. However, you couldnt make an apple say,, grow a nose. That wouldnt work and would therefore be evil.

Its not Speeding up evolution, its just testing out the possabilities, moving sideways maybe.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Dynamitrios

It an organism accepts the genetic engineering, as in, it doesnt die, then it is acceptable. BECAUSE that mutation could of happened naturally. for example, making an apple smell like a lemon (ate one) is not evil, as it doesnt kill the apple. An apple could of naturally evolved to smell like a lemon, and vice versa. However, you couldnt make an apple say,, grow a nose. That wouldnt work and would therefore be evil

You are kind of contradicting yourself. Humans are intrinsically with sex, they could not exist (or have evolved in that matter) without it. Because there is no closed transformation which would remove sexes from a cybernetic standpoint, as you say engenieering a human without sex would be evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join