It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed in the skies above Stourbridge

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

UFO filmed in the skies above Stourbridge

news.bbc.co.uk

A BBC WM journalist has filmed a mysterious light in the skies above Stourbridge.

The footage was recorded at around 9.30pm on the evening of Monday, 17 May using a mobile phone.

It shows an orange ball crossing the horizon above Wollaston, travelling from north to south, before disappearing behind some trees.

BBC WM's Brett Birks was watering his garden at the time and happened to look up at the sky.

"I glanced upwards and saw this orange ball," he said.

"It was travelling on a perfect course across the sky. It appeared to change colour from orange to yellow and back again.
(visit the link for the full news article)

la2

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I live about 2 miles rom this place, and have myself seen something in the sky when i was younger, we have no airforce bases near to us, no airport for 25 miles and no army bases, i find it very strange that these occurances keep happening over a quite unremarkable part of the country.

It is also quite striking that this was captured by a BBC radio journalist.

other sightnings in this area -

april 16 2010
march 30 2009
september 30 2009
october 25 2009
august 6 2008
november 30 2007
december 3 2007

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A radio journalist couldn't get a better shot than that?

I don't think this the proof that will convey the skeptics.

la2

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i dont think he was out looking for things, he just saw it as he walked along a street so all he had was a mobile phone.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Those Chinese lanterns have a lot to answer for. They should be banned.
People are still confusing them with ufo's.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

'Convey the skeptics'? No I don't think it will convey them. Why should a radio journalist be able to get better footage than anyone else with a phone camera?

Also, la2, why is it striking that it was a radio journalist who saw it? You can bet on this becomming an 'its a chinese lantern' thread.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

He is a journalist after all, no matter what type of journalist you are..in order to succeed you have to be ready for the moment. This could've have been his moment if it was anything other than an lantern.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Sorry, how would anyone else have done better? Run to the nearest tech store to by a HD camera?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's a chinese latern. Case closed.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You have to be ready for the moment
Ok. So while he's out gardening, he should have a good camera set up on a tripod, ready to capture a light in the sky? Of course, what an idiot he is for not thinking of that.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Looks like a chinese lantern. I see many of them in brighton at night, and they look the same as the footage. Nothing strange here!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hey, again a tripod camera is stretching it, but anything better than a 1meg pixel phone camera would do.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone
Those Chinese lanterns have a lot to answer for. They should be banned.
People are still confusing them with ufo's.

lol, I agree
they should be banned

notice the tree limb movement to show
the wind moving from left to right ....
funny
that's the same direction the object is moving

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I will go out on a limb here and say that the sky looked fairly bright for a chinese lantern to show up like that.
Even when they zoomed in on it you could see it flash.

I am not screaming !ALIENS!, just saying that I am not sure this is a chinese lantern.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone

Ive seen the exact same thing myself a couple of months ago, and i can promise you they are not lanterns, theres a big difference between a BALL of fire shooting across the sky and a lantern floating gently across it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by loisthegriffin
reply to post by samstone

Ive seen the exact same thing myself a couple of months ago, and i can promise you they are not lanterns, theres a big difference between a BALL of fire shooting across the sky and a lantern floating gently across it.

Are we looking at the same video?
I wouldn't quite say that it shooting across the sky at any great speed. It does look like it is floating gently.

The same thing happened here in Belfast last year, six of them in fact, in a line. They floated close to my house. The local radio station went bonkers over it, but nobody wanted to believe the simple (Boring) reason for it.
Ignorance ruled that day.

la2

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
well the 'chinese lantern' theory is quite a recent thing, and these kind of sighting have been going on for years.

i saw something during the mid 1990's, i was walking the dog and heard what sounded like hearing a jet engine, like these programmes of jets leaving an aircraft carrier, i looked up and coming from the east (i know this because uk satelite dishes face south before we went digital), was a silver and red streak across the sky, it was very noisy and really big. It shot across my head and disappeared, only lasted a few seconds. I called the police, and the day after they called back claiming it was a comet, which i accepted.

a few days later i got a call from the local newspaper saying they wished to interview me, as they felt there was more to it. The reporter told me that less than 10 minuites before i called the police the RAF base at cosford, about 40 miles away, had requested fighters be scrambled to investigate and cigar shaped object they had hovering over the end of their runway, it was on radar and when jets where in the air, it shot off, soon followed by my report to the police.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sorry to say this folks, but..

May 17th was my mate's birthday, I was at the party, in Stourbridge. They set off a couple of chinese lanterns.

I did tell them off for it though

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by ShadowArcher

He is a journalist after all, no matter what type of journalist you are..in order to succeed you have to be ready for the moment. This could've have been his moment if it was anything other than an lantern.

Yawn, listen to the scout here people, BE PREPARED.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I saw an almost identical light last month near Stourport:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A few days later I saw two more

new topics

top topics

join