It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Robot Hitler? Scientists Show Robots Evolving to Exhibit Good & Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

A Robot Hitler? Scientists Show Robots Evolving to Exhibit Good & Evil

A group of Swiss scientists have been using scattered LEDs, neural circuity, and an army of miniature robots to explore the very basis of good and evil. No, you aren't reading the back cover of a DVD in the "one dollar each, please get this trash out of our store" bin of your local blockbuster -this research is very real and very, very awesome.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

Wow.. this is very awsome!
It's like seeing what we always tought sci-fi... get real!
The research about robots is still very young, and we get massive discoveries like this!
Wow.

I'm really curious about what this will bring... because if we can't trust robots...

Cheers!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Looks to me like they're researching survival strategies and not "the very basis of good and evil" which are man made concepts.

Unless:

altruism = good

In that case all the work has already been done. We know very well why eusocial colonies develop..

[edit on 18-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Looks to me like they're researching survival strategies and not "the very basis of good and evil" which are man made concepts.

Unless:

altruism = good

In that case all the work has already been done. We know very well why eusocial colonies develop..

[edit on 18-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

Yeah but if we were at a time where we would like to implant robots in the society... their acts will be taken in the context of OUR society.. ; which is man made ..

I tought this was new?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree with al bielek, that mankind is working on a computer to actually run mankind, and its not a scifi thought at all.

I agree with al bielek that in the future this manifestation in terms of technology will be here.

On topic i would guess america and japan are leaders in this, but they are hiding what they are doing, and we can only speculate, but i would assume that alot of the basic features of humans have already been automated, as they are copying humans.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I agree with al bielek, that mankind is working on a computer to actually run mankind, and its not a scifi thought at all.

I agree with al bielek that in the future this manifestation in terms of technology will be here.

On topic i would guess america and japan are leaders in this, but they are hiding what they are doing, and we can only speculate, but i would assume that alot of the basic features of humans have already been automated, as they are copying humans.

Yeah maybe (about the fact that govt is already working on it..) it wouldn't surprise me.. honestly.

But if scientific are providing us facts about it... maybe it's going to push forward the interest of the population.. and maybe let the "normal people" realize what is really happening... ?

Anyways, I don't know alot about this subject :\

new topics

top topics

join