It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer announces plans to cut 6,000 jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Pfizer announces plans to cut 6,000 jobs

news.bbc.co.uk

It will also close eight plants and scale back operations at six other factories. The changes follow Pfizer's purchase of rival Wyeth last year.

Three plants will be closed in the Irish Republic, leading to the loss of up to 785 jobs there.

Pfizer said it would close two plants in Ringaskiddy, Cork, and another factory in Dun Laoghaire, south Dublin

It is also scaling back operations at Newbridge, County Kildare, and also at the plant at Havant in the UK.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mysmartrend.com
www.reuters.com

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What I think we have hear is a rich drug company cutting jobs by way of closing plants in a certen part of the world. Well all know these drug companies make outrages profits from there drugs, but yet they are closing plants. To me this means two things, first good old fashion green eyed greed. Making billions is not enough they just have to have more. Second, is it possible the laws in the area of plant they are closing do not allow them the same amount of control over distribution they would have in other parts of the world?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Pfizer lost their patent on Lipitor is a more likely reason...

Pfizer may lose billions in Lipitor sales

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Kogdog
thanks for the info.
I just still feel that the drug giant would still be making money, just not the billions that they are is all.
Thanks again

new topics

top topics

join