It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi woman beats up religious police officer who stopped her for walking with a man

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Are you going to bring Kashmir into this? Do you even know the history behind Kashmir? Kashmir was considered the Swiss Alps of India, with its snow covered mountain backdrops. Kashmir was a haven for not only Indians but for tourists also. They were never a burqa wearing extreme conservative region as it is now. It became that way because hard line Pakistani clansmen took over the area and implemented their rule. Kashmir is a prime example of what hard liners manage to do, take a beautiful peace loving haven and turn into a gutter.

Lol incorrect again...there are hardly any hardliners in Jammu and Kashmir...the problem is due to terrorism which Pakistan exports through the border. That's the reason the place is tense. The terrorists attacks started somewhere around 1980 and has been going since then. And u know wat even after Indian Govt. complained several times US continued to fund, supply weaponry and support Pakistan untill 9/11. US govt. and other western countries ignored India's call that Pakistan was sponsoring terrorism untill 9/11.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
You missed out the part where the indian troops raped and killed thousands of Kashmiri women to satisfy their urges,

Source for this!!

which ultimately lead to Pakistan sending its top Islamic hardliners from its northern regions to give indians troops a nice beating. India turned kashmir into a sh** hole, not pakistan.

not hardliners but terrorists to occupy Jammu and Kashmir but guess what look at Pakistan today and compare it with India...you will know whoose ass is getting kicked lol.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

I know you are wrong there buddy, Jamu and Kashmir was never a hard liner territory. Yes majority were Muslim but they were never Hard Liners. I used to vacation up there constantly. The terrorists converted the elders into behaving more extremely, married into their clans and took over the territory. Brainwashed people to conspire against Indian Government and control. Pakistan was behind the entire tactic as they wanted this region for themselves.

Pakistan converted the Swiss Alps of India into a war zone, such is their track record. When Jamu and Kashmir were fully under India's control, it was regarded as one of the premier destinations world wide.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
India should have given up Kashmir to Pakistan because its majority muslim.

dream on that aint never gonna happen. Jammu and Kahsmir is part of India, Pakistan can barely support itself and run the #hole country as it is now. India already gave it's part which is now called Pakistan nomore will be given.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Crimson_King]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Doujutsu

India was also considered very hard lined and suppressor of Women Liberties & Freedoms. Women were not allowed to congregate in masses outside of institutions of education or religion. Women also could not be seen in the company of men alone or without a elder relative present. If a woman's husband died before her, a tradition called "Sati" was practiced where the woman was also burned alive so that she can join her husband in death.

I agree with everything you said except this...after independence from British rule no such things were followed or allowed. It's against law to practise sati and after the independence the constitution granted equal rights to all. Sure it happens in outlying villages or rural areas in xtreme rare cases but not throughout India or in any cities. It was never against law that women should not be seen in company of men or without any male company.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think you are mistaken though most information is intact. After the British Left, persecution against women still took place. Sati as I mentioned before has been outlawed for awhile now, but it was a common practice well before the 80's. Yes women could not be seen alone with males or w/o the company of an elder. If you lived through a different situation, what you believe applies to your area. I also mentioned though the suppression/persecution of women was not widespread there were a lot of local pockets that practiced such measures.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I am the source, I lived there in those times.
Also no holding hands in public and women were not to be seen with males alone or without a elder relative present.

Then you are incorrect because that is not true. There were never any laws regarding Jeans for women.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I know you are wrong there buddy, Jamu and Kashmir was never a hard liner territory. Yes majority were Muslim but they were never Hard Liners. I used to vacation up there constantly. The terrorists converted the elders into behaving more extremely, married into their clans and took over the territory. Brainwashed people to conspire against Indian Government and control. Pakistan was behind the entire tactic as they wanted this region for themselves.

Pakistan converted the Swiss Alps of India into a war zone, such is their track record. When Jamu and Kashmir were fully under India's control, it was regarded as one of the premier destinations world wide.

I think you might want to reread my post again I never claimed that J&K was or is hardline ever.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I was replying to your post when you implied they were never hard liners, when in the matter of truth they converted into hard liners after the terrorists married into their clans.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King
Then you are incorrect because that is not true. There were never any laws regarding Jeans for women.

There were never Laws that is True, but there were never Laws against individuals who persecuted on women if they wore western attire particularly jeans. Eventually that trend was broken through the Bollywood industry as have many of the other taboo topics that were eventually crushed because of Bollywood.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Now, Now hate monger. Their are bad apples on both sides, just Pakistan is overflowing with the brainwashed loons.

Ah another extremist wanting to Nuke the very country that Neighbor them. DON'T the Pakistani extremists realize that it would affect Pakistan also? Oh wait brainwashed propagandized extremists have one goal and that is to meet those 80y/o virgins in the afterlife.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Um...folks...are we losing the essence of the thread?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

My apologies m8, just denying ignorance to some.

Back on topic, You Go Girl..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I lol'd at your post...not worth replying! Oh and as for your source

WHOIS information for kmsnews.org :
Domain ID
74482149-LROR
Domain Name:KMSNEWS.ORG
Created On:02-Jul-2001 09:32:05 UTC
Last Updated On:04-Jul-2009 09:54:00 UTC
Expiration Date:02-Jul-2010 09:32:05 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
Registrant ID:tuNKxjHkhbLPXFi1
Registrant Name:Shaikh Tajmmul Islam
Registrant Organization:Kashmir Media Service (KMS)
Registrant Street1:House 354, Street 86, Sector I-8/4
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Islamabad
Registrant State/Province
unjab
Registrant Postal Code:44000
Registrant Country
K
Registrant Phone:+92.4444662
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+92.4444663
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:kms@isb.paknet.com.pk
Admin ID:tuNKxjHkhbLPXFi1
Admin Name:Shaikh Tajmmul Islam
Admin Organization:Kashmir Media Service (KMS)
Admin Street1:House 354, Street 86, Sector I-8/4
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Islamabad
Admin State/Province
unjab
Admin Postal Code:44000
Admin Country
K
Admin Phone:+92.4444662
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+92.4444663
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:kms@isb.paknet.com.pk
Tech ID:tut4QxA3yMAukxUy
Tech Name:Abdul Rehman Saeed
Tech Organization:COMSATS Internet Services
Tech Street1:30-Ataturk Avenue G-6/4
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Islamabad
Tech State/Province:Capital
Tech Postal Code:44000
Tech Country
K
Tech Phone:+92.519203341
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+92.519224800
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:arsaeed@comsats.net.pk
Name Server:NS1.COMSATS.NET.PK
Name Server:NS2.COMSATS.NET.PK
Name Server:NS.COMSATS.NET.PK

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Very nicely dealt Face Palm.

Epic,

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Way to go, Sister! I can't comprehend the self-esteem problems these women must have. Living in the 21st century by 4th century rules......they would have hung me decades ago.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

DON'T the Pakistani extremists realize that it would affect Pakistan also?

Read my previous post, even if Pakistan gets annihilated, there are plenty of muslims around the world to re-populate and counter the wipe out.

Whose gona be helping you hindus and sikhs?

I doubt any of your snakes or cows will be coming to help.

Your stone gods themselves are scared of us, remember the Bamyan budhas in afghanistan, a few C4 charges BOOM BOOM gone?

Look at your pathetic history, and your greatest Prithvi Chauhan fell on his knees.

Look at Indias army, bigger and better 10 times more than Paks army, but its unable to fight a few insurgents wearing shalwar Kameez in kashmir?

You're such a weak race and you talk with soo much pride? Go lick your western masters and progress along with them.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Doujutsu]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Doujutsu]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You can stay ignorant of Indian armies doings in Kashmir but that does not mean muslims are gona stand and watch their fellas die.We also haven't forgotten what you did to Barbri masjid.

Like i said, just wait till S*** calms down near Pak-Afghan border.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Again if personal attacks make you seem that much taller behind a computer, I have nothing else to say to you. It is your type thinking that is what is wrong with Pakistan and those who prescribe to your ideologies.

You say plenty of Muslims around to populate after you are gone in the nuclear blast...that type of psychopathic rambling is the stain that many other humble religious Muslims are having a hard time alienating themselves from. Though people like you are in the minority, you only put your own race down with outright expressions of Hatred.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join