It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi woman beats up religious police officer who stopped her for walking with a man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thank you Jesus, and praise Allah! That the woman found the strength to fight. This woman is my new hero.

Freedom fighting is as natural as the air we breath.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
You missed out the part where the indian troops raped and killed thousands of Kashmiri women to satisfy their urges, which ultimately lead to Pakistan sending its top Islamic hardliners from its northern regions to give indians troops a nice beating.

India turned kashmir into a sh** hole, not pakistan.

It's a also true that Iran and Afghanistan were a different story before Ayatollahs and Saudi funded wahabi mujahideens took over.

But that's what you get in a revolution or after a genocide takes place.

India did not turn Kashmir into the conditions it is in now, Pakistan did. Ah but to you truth will never matter. You do know that Kashmir was a popular destination for a long time before the Pakistani insurgents came in and took over the place. I used to enjoy Kashmir and have many memories of the place before it got corrupted by the hard liners.

The whole Indian army boogie story is something you feed to the brain washed.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

India did not turn Kashmir into the conditions it is in now, Pakistan did. Ah but to you truth will never matter. You do know that Kashmir was a popular destination for a long time before the Pakistani insurgents came in and took over the place. I used to enjoy Kashmir and have many memories of the place before it got corrupted by the hard liners.

India should have given up Kashmir to Pakistan because its majority muslim.It was a beautiful destination for muslims which is now turned into a trash by indian army.

The whole Indian army boogie story is something you feed to the brain washed.

Do you want me to give you a ton of links regarding indian armies brutal agression? I don't think i need to because you should know better.Look at the size of indian army, outnumbers Pakistan in everything by 10 folds but it couldn't handle 100 insurgents on Kargil peaks with half a million indian soldiers?

That's why Pak army has decided to stop wasting its own soldiers and use a dozen of these islamic nutters with a rucksack filled with thousand bullets, a bottle of honey and a map and a walkie talkie for the ISI to guide them to right positions.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

remember old india before the imperialists came there , ?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

remember old india before the imperialists came there , ?

Elaborate?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ah so the real truth comes out, you are blaming India because Kashmir was so successful in its hands and when the hard liners took over they crashed that fine beauty of Kashmir now still blame India for the disaster.

Do you know that there are millions of Muslims that live in India? I don't know if you knew that or not.

I don't want to take this thread off track...This is about the freedoms that women should have especially in the world we live in now. Not all Islamic followers believe in domination of women. The Hard Lining countries that do have a rude awakening coming soon.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The worse part is, they WILL kill her for this if they find her.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ah so the real truth comes out, you are blaming India because Kashmir was so successful in its hands and when the hard liners took over they crashed that fine beauty of Kashmir now still blame India for the disaster.

Hardliners took over starting from the early 90s when they have had enough of watching their people getting raped and killed everyday.

Do you know that there are millions of Muslims that live in India? I don't know if you knew that or not.

And? It's not like they are living peacefully either, always waiting for another civil unrest to start when the hindu hardliners don't get their own way.

I don't want to take this thread off track...This is about the freedoms that women should have especially in the world we live in now. Not all Islamic followers believe in domination of women. The Hard Lining countries that do have a rude awakening coming soon.

Every country has its own culture and traditions, no one should dictate to them of what the 'right' way of doing things are.Reminds me of majority of the indians in the west who ditch their own real identity to become ultra modern, now their elders are hanging their .s in shame.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I believe you are sadly mistaken. Seems though you do not want to let the old ways of doing slip away as that is the only way you might be able to show domination on the woman standing next to you.

The comparison of India vs Pakistan fits OP is trying to illustrate as I would elaborate.

India was also considered very hard lined and suppressor of Women Liberties & Freedoms. Women were not allowed to congregate in masses outside of institutions of education or religion. Women also could not be seen in the company of men alone or without a elder relative present. If a woman's husband died before her, a tradition called "Sati" was practiced where the woman was also burned alive so that she can join her husband in death.

India has matured culturally beyond those days. Though some outlying villages might still practice said suppression but in Norm, the Indian values and cultures have dramatically shifted toward equal rights for all. Though the poverty lines are still away from equality but in due time that will change.

As far as Muslim vs Hindu's violence, that is what extremes of both ends get involved in. You can not generalize the entire population for such a crude charge. It is seen in all countries.

I would like to poiint out that Pakistan was part of India before a treaty signed to establish pakistan's independence. Since their seperation, India has prospered coming to be regarded as a world power, where it used to be considered a third world country. These two countries that shared same philosophy of suppression of woman rights are now totally different. Pakistan is still struggling and India has moved on from the stone age. This all comes down to those who choose progress and those who inhibit it. Progress means more than technology alone, also means to progress in human nature.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

They are all covered up and our women here are practically naked.
What's the difference?
Where's the middle ground, where's the moderation?
Their culture is being oppressed and our culture is going down the crapper.
Nobody is the winner here, we are all losers.

We can learn a little from them and they can learn a little from us.
If we meet in the middle we would really have a much better country.

Right now parents are buying sillicon breasts for their kids sweet-16. WTHHH....
Girls are wearing less and less and every generation girls in school are more promiscuous and i'm sorry but... easy.

Mothers and Fathers really get a slap of reality on their faces when they see their daughters's language and rethoric on facebook posts to peers.
!!!!

That is still the exception though...... seriously, when people go out wearing practically nothing, we look at them like they are circus freaks, it is not normal behaivior, mabey on TV, which I don't watch, but not out in reality, and I don't know one guy who is impressed by foul language on a lady or a man...

I am in Canada on the west coast.... I think it is fair to say we have struck a mature balance in general where i live.

I feel like we live in the best place on earth. Every culture loves each other mainly....during the olympics EVERYONE hugged EVERYONE, and same with the high fives, ALL day every day..... there was no such thing as race or nationalism here...

It is not all bad..... there is a balancing happeneing.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I believe you are sadly mistaken. Seems though you do not want to let the old ways of doing slip away as that is the only way you might be able to show domination on the woman standing next to you.

It's not about domination, it's about holding onto your own cultural/religious values and your real identity.Its these things that kept the families bonded and relations strong.If you call a women walking semi-naked with 3 kids from different dads and a materialistic lifestyle Progression, than i think you should review your thinking again.

India has matured culturally beyond those days. Though some outlying villages might still practice said suppression but in Norm, the Indian values and cultures have dramatically shifted toward equal rights for all. Though the poverty lines are still away from equality but in due time that will change.

Matured culturaly? What by following western values? Speaking and writing english and being brainy and materialistic is your idea of 'maturing'? Indeed time has changed but its a shame that it has also degraded peoples moral values.

As far as Muslim vs Hindu's violence, that is what extremes of both ends get involved in. You can not generalize the entire population for such a crude charge. It is seen in all countries.

It's to do with the extremist hindu politicians who want to kill all the muslims to fulfill their religious bigoted agenda.

I would like to poiint out that Pakistan was part of India before a treaty signed to establish pakistan's independence. Since their seperation, India has prospered coming to be regarded as a world power, where it used to be considered a third world country. These two countries that shared same philosophy of suppression of woman rights are now totally different. Pakistan is still struggling and India has moved on from the stone age. This all comes down to those who choose progress and those who inhibit it. Progress means more than technology alone, also means to progress in human nature.

Did the Japanese and Chinese ditch their own language to progress? Did they sacrifice their own cultures to progress? They progressed technologically and economicaly by using their own ways.Look at Iran progressing in space tech and nuke tech? While india might have 'progressed', but only by pulling the piece of bread out of hungry mouths of millions who are starving there.

In your eyes progress is only limited to where the West draws the line.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Violence is not the answer to combat oppression. Niether the cop or the woman did a good thing. Two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's not about domination, it's about holding onto your own cultural/religious values and your real identity.Its these things that kept the families bonded and relations strong.If you call a women walking semi-naked with 3 kids from different dads and a materialistic lifestyle Progression, than i think you should review your thinking again.

From your bigoted and very immature reply I can only gander that:

A) You represent the Police officer who this woman chose to stand up against

B) To you only thing that matters is continuity of practices that belittle and dominate woman for the sake culture & religion.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Uhhhh maybe because the religious politics of a few that lead a country don't represent the whole??

I don't believe that religious politics represent a few people in Saudi Arabia. Religious politics represent a vast majority of the people in the Middle East. The views of the few are quickly eliminated.

Should we say all christians are evil because of Bush/Cheney?

Evil is just the opinion/judgement you've place upon Bush/Cheney and not relevant to this topic.

You were in a situation very applicable to your criticism, so I don't understand why you don't empathize.

Maybe you can explain to me exactly when I was in this situation you're mentioning.

If you do your homework you will find out that this is actually not an islamic law
The Quran does not force the burqa on anybody.
I am not a muslim and even I know this. Do some homework.

Please forgive for assuming that you knew what I meant. Islam requires women to cover ther .s in public. I don't recall mentioning burqa. Women in Saudi Arabia are required to be with her HUSBAND or in the company of male family member in public if with a male. And when in public with a male, being her husband of family member, she must always walk BEHIND them. She could've easily answered the questions of the police but chose to assault him, therefore she broke the law.

So you are against homosexuality?

Is the question of homosexuallity relevant in this topic? I don't have any recollection of homosexualism being presented in the article provided. Homosexualism, pro or con, wasn't even being thought of when I wrote my posting.

Many of your own countrymen would be very against your ideals.

Many of "my countrymen" would kick the crap out of any man abusing the his wife. Women being treated as a human being is my ideal and everyone I know follow this same ideal. You're beginnig to be "way out there."

Now what?
Is yours a religion of peace and acceptance?

My religion is one of obedience to Gods commandments. I'm not perfect but I don't have to openly be defiant of them neither. I can always pray for guidance and forgiveness. Peace and acceptance? Sounds like a religion of "tree huggers" to me.

Do you accept homosexuals or are you scared of both muslims and/or homosexuals conquering the planet?

How exactly was this question conjured up? To answer your question, no, I don't accept homosexuals. Homosexualism is contrary to the natural world and therefore a sickness that must be cured by those afflicted with it. I fear nothing and about homosexuals and/or muslims conquering the planet? Is this a joke on your part? This won't never happen. Not this year or in a million years. Besides, all I said was that women are equal to men because they are the other half of a healthy relationship. You're the one who brought up homosexuals.

[edit on 18/5/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

From your bigoted and very immature reply I can only gander that:

A) You represent the Police officer who this woman chose to stand up against

B) To you only thing that matters is continuity of practices that belittle and dominate woman for the sake culture & religion.

Typical 'progressive' indians who feel ashamed of their own religion and culture.

Keep up the good work and wellcome to the New Secular Order.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Doujutsu]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Typical 'progressive' indians who feel ashamed of their own religion and culture.

Keep up the good work and wellcome to the New Secular Order.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Doujutsu]

Before I say Deny Ignorance...

How do you assume to say one is ashamed from their religion or culture?

Now Deny Ignorance...

[edit on 18-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Islam is going to get it's self a kick in the groin from the modern era. It's inability to adapt has kept the Middle East from growing to it's full potential. Kind of hard to move forward when you keep your people ignorant. In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You gotta fight..

For your right..

(insert jingle)

Sounds like the Beasties need to crash the party in Iran

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

India was also considered very hard lined and suppressor of Women Liberties & Freedoms. Women were not allowed to congregate in masses outside of institutions of education or religion.

This is was very regional and was never countrywide
Nothing in India is countrywide.

I'm not saying you are saying it was keep in mind, just expanding on your comments.

Women also could not be seen in the company of men alone or without a elder relative present. If a woman's husband died before her, a tradition called "Sati" was practiced where the woman was also burned alive so that she can join her husband in death.

Sati also wasn't anywhere close to being countrywide.
The true origins of Sati also was not to burn oneself alive but to jump into a well commiting suicide. Sati is now illegal in India since decades.
It is still somewhat practiced in remote villages where they don't practice sati but show respect to sati maa, the woman who jumped into a well long ago when her husband died.

Though the poverty lines are still away from equality but in due time that will change.

I do not believe it will change
It's such a huge huge massive immense task, it won't happen in the next 5-7 decades at least.
I could be wrong though, the nuclear pact deal dit NOT help!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sati has been banned and is criminal. Sati varied from villages to villages, the most brutal form being burned alive.

All of India was not backward thinking but the smaller pockets were and some still are today. But with the bollywood industry breaking bounds of taboo more and more villagers are able to break away from shackles of traditions.

My whole point in my post was to show how Pakistan and India, cut from the same cloth have matured since their days of independence.

The poverty situation in India is very sad, but if you look at it how the economy has evolved, with many more Indians now able to enjoy what they couldn't before in luxuries, eventually the poverty situation will start to improve though never obliterated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join