It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Foreclosure Menace

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Weird things are going on with the bank too. I put a bid on a short sale and had high bid when the bank picked a lower bid, then I put in a good bid on another short sale and the bank first approved it then decided to push it to foreclosure and drop my bid.

They are doing these strange things without care for the owner or future buyers.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Its just also something that the very poorest poor cant have. Literally. People who cant even get a checking account, and you think they have credit cards?

So explain to me how a person with either good credit or no credit history and 50 bucks can't get a checking account?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
*deleted for posterity*

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I am not being unempathetic. But there are also two sides to every story.

Do I think it is crappy? Absolutely. But like I said, two sides to every story.

I know sob stories, I see them everyday. I work for a welfare office. While there are people who are destitute, there are also people who bring it upon themselves. They have screwed up priorities.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Follow the conversation.

Many of them do have bad credit, but just not because of frivolousness, like many want to make it seem. They arent just getting cards and bouncing checks because they want to party up and live way above their means. Many of them get a checking account or card once, and lose a job and end up bouncing a check or getting in over their head with necessities.

When you are living at that level of poverty, it is not easy to pull yourself out of even the smallest little hole, because you are already spending 100% of your income on necessities, and going short every month.

SOME people are poor because they are lazy, criminal, or irresponsible. SOME people are poor because they were born that way, and dont know how to get out. SOME people are poor because they are simple minded, or mentally ill, and thats the highest level they can function at in our society. I just love how so many people just assume that they all fall into category 1 so that they can have the opportunity to look down on someone else and enjoy their misfortune.

And thats the last I am going to say on the issue. People who loathe the poor or who believe the poor are poor only because they are lazy, or bad, or irresponsible are intractable. There is no convincing them otherwise.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
These scams started in the 1990's and have gotten worse over time.
Our system was setup so that if you disputed a charge or a bill or even the terms of repaying one, you could force them to take you to court and everyone pleads their case. If you lost, you not only paid what was owed, but the legal fees as well in most cases.
If you could not pay, the court setup a payment method until that amount was paid off.

Here is where it changed. Instead of them taking you to court after the first couple of months, they put you into a new category and charge you premiums to the full extent of the crooked laws. Yes, you pay the wicked interest on all the charges as well. So instead of a 300 dollar bill, in 18 months you owe over 5 thousand. Then they take you to court and win. No payment is setup. They start charging you even more because every three to six months they give it to a new collection agency who slaps on hundreds to thousand for their "fee". Meanwhile, they let it ride another year or so and rack up thousands more in fees and interest.

The debt gets sold two or three times with new fees and more new collectors and more interest.

After about three years, they come and take most anything they can.

So because you had a problem with the 300 dollar bill, you owe 10 thousand and they take your house worth 65 thousand.

Seems like a fair return on investment.

And they wonder why people burn down their houses, fly planes into their offices and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Weird things are going on with the bank too. I put a bid on a short sale and had high bid when the bank picked a lower bid, then I put in a good bid on another short sale and the bank first approved it then decided to push it to foreclosure and drop my bid.

They are doing these strange things without care for the owner or future buyers.

We helped our youngest son get a house this last winter. It took 8 months and bidding on 12 houses to get him into one and he was prequalified with around a 765 credit score. He had the banks pull that one on him 4 times.
Compete BS.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This absolutely outrages me to the very bone. I cant believe my eyes, this country is becoming quite sad. If that day should ever happen for me, somebody is gonna be reeal sorry they knocked on my door. Bless those poor folks, I hope life turns around for them.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

True, I agree with what you are saying to a point I work for a community corrections facility, and work closely with our welfare office, so I am quite familiar with sob storys myself. But just the thought of it being so easy for someone to come in, and take a house, a home, away from a family is very shocking. There had to be some other way to work out a deal. You know as well as I do, that there is always a way to work things out to help people in tough positions. Working at the welfare office shows you that I'm sure. I think its more of the shock factor here of having a home snatched away for something as menial as an over due utility bill.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
This is sickening. It makes me both embarrassed and angry. Not only am I angry at those responsible but also at the American people, myself included, for allowing these kinds of things to happen. Where is that American spirit that threw the English Crown, along with the London bankers out on their butts?

--airspoon

We are now preying on each other to get what little money or wealth is left in the poor or anybody for that matter. You can tell when a society is going down hill when it start eating on itself.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

It is very sickening to see this type of thing happen. To feel helpless but this is the nature of the world and this has started a new path for her. The way the system is set up in the US to just steal things away from people and to give them a feeling of powerlessness will make them face themselves inwardly. Few will lash out and the rest will just sit back and accept it. This is basic to spirituality. The acceptance. If they wanted to keep this system in this fashion and disable chances of spiritual growth then it would be better to give theses people their things and give them power over their domain. Ego will just simply undo itself eventually. In the hour of our death everything we have done in our life will become meaningful or meaningless. After that who knows

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

www.freedomradio.us...

www.scribd.com...

Why does no one do research on these subjects. File a Common Law lein, IT IS your property. Corporations can not own property. We have dominion. There is so much information out there and do any of you actually look into it, no, you just say that's the way it goes. Well, some of us have researched this for years and have learned the truth and what to do and it is ALL legal what WE do, not what the "government" does as a corporation. The rabbit hole is so deep.

Common Law liens supercede ALL other liens, including but not limited to, Statutory liens, Equity liens, Mechanics liens and so on. Once filed and placed in the public domain, i.e. newspaper, and not rebutted point for point, the property is absolutley yours and you pay no property taxes on it. For those that wish to call this BS, you obviously have no clue. Deny ignorance, yea sure you do.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The way I read it, this lady didn't even have a mortgage ; it was the family home her Father paid off years ago. They added her outstanding water bill to one for local taxes, total debt approx $700, and the city sold the debt on. The debt recovery company took it to court, slapped on over $2,000 in fees and sought repossession of the home on that.

For all your laws are based on English custom, that wouldn't happen in England now.

Regular deductions can be made from English social security benefits and paid directly to water companies, fuel companies, councils to help repay debt from benefit. And although they can take a charge on your home for debt, no judge worth his salt would ever repossess for such a pittance, the charging order would only apply on the voluntary sale of the house.

It's absolutely scandalous, this story. Her debt was little more than a small drinks bill for some Wall St types. There's no justice in this world.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Daddio
Just so the rest of us are clear on this, could you clarify which side of this issue you are on?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Daddio, this is the second post that I have read of yours that you claim this. It really interest me and has motivated me to look into this.

However, I think your point would come across a little better if you weren't so crass about it. As you state yourself, it has taken you years to discover this so give us a break and quit busting our balls about not knowing the laws.

We come to this site to learn and discover otherwise unknown knowledge. Make a thread and enlighten us will ya!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
reply to post by daddio

Daddio, this is the second post that I have read of yours that you claim this. It really interest me and has motivated me to look into this.

However, I think your point would come across a little better if you weren't so crass about it. As you state yourself, it has taken you years to discover this so give us a break and quit busting our balls about not knowing the laws.

We come to this site to learn and discover otherwise unknown knowledge. Make a thread and enlighten us will ya!

I apologize for the crass attitude. I did have a thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ProtoplasmicTraveler also did a few posts on the history of the Elite and the ruling families and how they got there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Common Law supercedes ALL other law.

Funny thing is, there is only one Common Law, "Thou shalt NEVER infringe on anothers rights, life, liberty or property EVER." That's it. Harm no one an damage no property and you commit no crime. The government makes corporate law as it is really a coporation, YOU, by having a birth certificate and NOT nullifying it, are a corporate "employee", and so you must abide by the corporate policy, if you do not, then they can fine you and throw you in jail. Seperate yourself from that by filing the UCC-1 and lay claim to what is rightfully yours, your property.

I am going through the foreclosure threat right now, I have rejected every offer of theirs to contract, ALL their law is contract law. I have my own power of attorney in fact and I represent the strawman. I do not consent by assent and they have no business with me. I am not a part of "their" law society, so these laws do not apply to me. They are trying to go after my "strawman" but I intervene and reject the offer. they have nothing, they can do nothing, my property is posted, "Notice of Foreign Law on Private Land", "NO TRESPASSING".

[edit on 19-5-2010 by daddio]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Daddio, thanks my friend! I skimmed thru your post and will tag it for later reading. I actually remember seeing that post and remember thinking that if everyone started doing this, our government would just pass another law stopping it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

When you are out, you are out. the government can not legislate FOR the people, that would be a violation of THEIR contract with themselves and England. We are all beneficiaries of the trust, we are all millionaires and don't know it. We can live virtually for free, we would need to work some but not like todays rat race, and we could all share equally in the knowldge and prosperity that the founding fathers wanted for themselves and their hiers.

Odd really how it all got twisted out of shape and distorted by the greedy few. Their day is coming soon.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
While it may be ridiculous that this woman lost her home over a $300 water bill, she has 4 kids and admits she has only worked "sporadically" in the last few years. Fear not liberals, she will be on government assistance for quite some time.
The taxpayer is really the one getting screwed since we have to pick up the pieces here.
If she had simply sold the property she would have been able to pay her bills but now she lives with her mother and has her belongings in storage (until she can't pay that bill and they auction it off).
This system is rigged to allow a few investors to make millions in filching properties while the taxpayer picks up the tab in so many ways.
Unfair on many, many levels. The whole thing stinks of Republican lawmaking to me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join