It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second American Revolution has begun!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by belial259

Try not to be too harsh about people not stocking up
on supplies.So many have lost their jobs or have had
their hours cut.These people may be surviving on a day
to day basis.

And it is these very people that should want change and not more of the same.

Humans are too complicated if money can bring them down because the ATM's are empty and who can blame a hungry man looting the shops when people panick.

it's these probloms we need to solve but i don't have clue how that can be done in the first few days.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Although I live in Canada, Ive been paying a lot of attention to all the financial doom n' gloom in the US, as I work for a big American company.
Not too sure how all this will affect my job up here if the US economy goes belly up;could be out of a job or we could benefit from it. I work in a food plant so I guess people will still need to eat ,but will they close all plants outside the US to keep as many jobs there, or will we reap the rewards by getting busier as the US economy collapses in on itself? time will tell I guess!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Agreed. I find it disconcerting that so many people jump to the violent side of "change" before exhausting all other options. Truly the problem is a lack of information and when one seeks some information he is faced with a barrage of opinion that could lead him in any direction to his liking.

I don't doubt conspiracies, just some theories seem a little out there. But, I suppose anything is possible.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
When I hear people start talking about a second revolution I immediately think about apart of the Deceleration that brought about the first and a document that is not read often enough.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Deceleration of Independence

I do believe that my unalienable Rights are being encroached on, but only slightly, at this time. I hope that we, as citizens, can find a non violent way to right ourselves, but it will take humble, unselfish action by our Representative to intact self regulating legislation to restrict themselves from the tit and allure of the corporate citizen. For where the money comes from the attention is paid to. I fear that type of virtue is a dream of another era. The truth to me is the problem that the people we elect become more afraid of angering their major campaign contributors then they are of the wrath of the constituents. Our officials, for all intensive purposes, are incentivised to put corporate interest over that of the people. I do not believe every representative is greedy, but it is the game they all must play.

While I hope for a non violent solution to our problems, I do not fear an armed one. I agree we are "more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable". This statement is not only one our fore fathers understood but is also back up by modern neuroscience and psychology. So I take comfort that if a second revolution comes bloody that, likely, it is the only way it could happened.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adsolute0
When I hear people start talking about a second revolution I immediately think about apart of the Deceleration that brought about the first and a document that is not read often enough.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Deceleration of Independence

I do believe that my unalienable Rights are being encroached on, but only slightly, at this time. I hope that we, as citizens, can find a non violent way to right ourselves, but it will take humble, unselfish action by our Representative to intact self regulating legislation to restrict themselves from the tit and allure of the corporate citizen. For where the money comes from the attention is paid to. I fear that type of virtue is a dream of another era. The truth to me is the problem that the people we elect become more afraid of angering their major campaign contributors then they are of the wrath of the constituents. Our officials, for all intensive purposes, are incentivised to put corporate interest over that of the people. I do not believe every representative is greedy, but it is the game they all must play.

While I hope for a non violent solution to our problems, I do not fear an armed one. I agree we are "more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable". This statement is not only one our fore fathers understood but is also back up by modern neuroscience and psychology. So I take comfort that if a second revolution comes bloody that, likely, it is the only way it could happened.

Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. - George Washington

Only slightly? Perhaps you haven't heard the saying... "You kiss my cheek only to finger my a$$" Look back and that's all you see going on here. Different day, same smelly digit.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join