It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quitting caffeine from 19th May to 26th May

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I will be quitting caffeine cold turkey from 19th May to 26th May (GMT+8 so I'd be ahead for half a day) & hopefully forever. Will be using lots of paracetamol/aspirin as I anticipate a lot of headaches. Google for the withdrawal symptoms.

You have 24 hours to decide and are welcomed to join me because its easier to do it together

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Starting now
Wish me luck.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Now - this is a timely thread! Me too!

Starting tomorrow (since I already had a cup today) going cold turkey, since it's the only way I will ever get through it. One huge problem though - my favorite cafe is (seriously) right across the street from my place... that's hard. But, positive thinking and will power will prevail. Haha. Right.

Good luck to you and you have my support.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thanks LadySkadi. Good luck on your attempt as well

I survived the first day by taking paracetomol to relieve the headaches. The headaches are supposed to wear off 7-9 days so that is something to look forward to.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

Why are you quitting? Is it bothering you? Many people make it fine without it, I see no point in quitting myself. Best of luck too you though.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I wish you all the luck in the world! I quit drinking soda about 2 months ago now. It was a bad habit, and I lost 20 pounds ( Trying to get back in shape). It was not nearly as hard as I thought. I only had cravings once or twice.

The hardest part was breaking the habit of grabbing a soda out of the fridge. Once you get past the habit, you are in the clear. A note though. Be careful if you start looking for other types of drinks to replace the ones you stopped drinking. So many out there are just as bad for you as the ones you quit and it is really easy to end up replacing one bad habit with another.

I ended up buying a juicer so I could make my own juice with out all the added sugar and what have you. My god the juice you buy in the store is loaded with tons of sugar! But I digress... Sorry, I digress a lot

Good luck to you!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah I'm just trying to get healthy as well.

The headaches got worse on the second day but I got through it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
3rd day is going fine as well.
Cheers.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
2 more days and I'm done

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm done.
I did it!

Its the 7th day & I'm going on to 9 days to make sure the headaches are really over.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Muahaha I did it! Good luck to whomever is going through the same thing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
How's your energy level?

Does coffee still smell good or what?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

Well done! so, are you quitting for good or was it just the week? I've read that it could take up to 60 days for one's body to re-set to it's "natural" status after detoxing from caffeine (if one was a long time user of it) ... So, keep going if you can and note the changes in how you feel. Would be interesting to document and look back on.

*As for me, I never started. Haha. Weak-willed, busy and stressed. Maybe some other time.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You will get powerful headaches from the withdrawal for a few days.
It would have been better if you weaned yourself off over a week.
I've been off caffeine for two years. The only time I miss it is when I've been driving over 12 hours and need that boost for 3 more hours.
Good luck.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Symptoms of withdraw depend on several things. A few that come to mind is how long you've been addicted, how much you intake daily, and how depleted your adrenal glands are. Most people's adrenals are pretty burnt, and it's basically the reason for addiction in the first place. If you're near exhaustion phase, then going cold turkey will be hell the first month or so.

Caffeine is horrible for you. I drank at least 2 liters of soda daily from a kid to about 20. Then I switched to tea. The last 8 months, I've been entirely off caffeine. It really started to make me tweak, and I now realize it was a result of misusing my body. I'm now well into a recovery phase.

reply to post by wookiee

3hrs after 12? No problem. 12 hours of driving under caffeine after 12 hours driving without? Chaos for me. I seldom use caffeine anymore, and if I do it's tea with a full meal. I'd rather pull over for a 5-10 minute power nap every couple of hours than drive cracked out on caffeine.

new topics

top topics

join