It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I was talking to someone and realized they had a gun to my neck, fired, felt blood oozing from my neck, but not dead, kept talking, and I was outside now, looking up and the clouds started to make swirling patterns, and there was this majestic music that came out of nowhere, and I asked, Can you hear that, probably not, I then felt my abdomen turning and my organs in that area felt like they were folding in on themselves. I knew I was dying, and did not fight it, I realized I was facing a situation where I could fight it or just let it happen, I chose the latter. I felt my self go under, pass and then, there was this silence that followed. I then felt soft breathing, the sound of which was very soft. I was not only dead, but now experiencing what it was like on the other side. It was very peaceful, but not like you experience it, it was more like, I had no body or anything, I was just breath itself, nothing else. Not me, as me, but just everything. Then I woke up, and realized that I was still calm, for the first time, I did not resist death or freak out when I felt it coming on, I just let it happen.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

What do you think such a dream means?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

it is just a dream so it is not real nor anything true

what i fear dreaming when i go to sleep recently is animals, i never saw animals in my dreams before because i nver think about them, now either but they come in my dreams like forcing themselves on me to eat me

like yesterday that is why im talking about i want to put it out, i was at a balcony and suddenly a cat jump at my hand and bite it so it took it out roughly and through it away and it kept getting back to stick on my hand biting it with those noises cats do
so i didnt have any choice but to put it inside the house, it is the first time i do this in my dreams about animals usually i force myself to wake up, so i looked on my injuries and i saw it wasnt that deep because i was thinking being surely infected by such disgusting diseases those streets cats are dirty
so then inside there was another cat that i dont like either so they became friends like and i thought all those dirty flies now there must be everywhere in the house
both cats were blond the street one fat but like fake wealth, both very dirty so then i get outside the house, maybe unconsiently i left them all

then again i was trapped in others stories with humans that i aws meaning to be nice in general then i woke up

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think it is quite common for people to have a dream about "dying" but still have some form of awareness inside the dream. I understand the experience can have a profound affect on you, but remember not to take it too literally. Dreams are a mix of desires, regrets, fears, revisiting the past, glimpses of the future, creative output for the things you obsess over, lessons from your "higher self", and finally some really random stuff too!

The dream you described is interesting and maybe it is serving to tell you that there is more to life than just your physical existence. Maybe your subconsciousness was telling your consciousness that you do not fear death. It is inevitable that you will eventually part with your physical body. When that happens, you will be separated from all the illusions you associate with your physical existence.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AABacon

I was talking to someone and realized they had a gun to my neck, fired, felt blood oozing from my neck, but not dead, kept talking, and I was outside now, looking up and the clouds started to make swirling patterns, and there was this majestic music that came out of nowhere, and I asked, Can you hear that, probably not, I then felt my abdomen turning and my organs in that area felt like they were folding in on themselves. I knew I was dying, and did not fight it, I realized I was facing a situation where I could fight it or just let it happen, I chose the latter. I felt my self go under, pass and then, there was this silence that followed. I then felt soft breathing, the sound of which was very soft. I was not only dead, but now experiencing what it was like on the other side. It was very peaceful, but not like you experience it, it was more like, I had no body or anything, I was just breath itself, nothing else. Not me, as me, but just everything. Then I woke up, and realized that I was still calm, for the first time, I did not resist death or freak out when I felt it coming on, I just let it happen.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

What do you think such a dream means?

I think it means that whatever you do, do it for God's glory. There is a lot on 'music' out there waiting to be captured. I have had a few transcendent moments listening to classical music, and I can tell you that these composers were just scratching the surface. Although these composers were financially rewarded-some were at any rate-I believe they would tell you that the true reward for their efforts was the fact that they glimpsed this eternal realm. I don't know how to say this...but quantum mechanics is finding there's a lot in common with a mere vibrating string. It may be that these cats were aware of this and it was all that they could do to carry on with their craft.

I like your dream. Perhaps it was to comfort you in your daily reflections, because we are here and then gone, as though tomorrow. Anyone with a brain knows the sadness of a timeline which casts occasional vectors into timelessness...yet who can forge this into a static thing we can rely upon for concrete proof?

'in the morning....'

[edit on 18-5-2010 by davidmann]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

Years ago I had a dream that I was driving a vehicle and lost control. I believe the reason why I lost control was that I was trying to avoid hitting someone. The vehicle proceeded to careen at a high rate of speed across the road and flip over. Everything happened in slow motion I sat there knowing I would probably die due to the high speed once the vehicle hits the cement divider.

When the vehicle actually flipped I felt myself (soul) leave my body immediately before impact. I looked down at the crash and knew I was dead. I felt very unemotional or detached maybe is a better word. I remember it being nightime and very wet (rain). I felt very peaceful.

I woke immediately following this dream and wrote it down in my dream journal. After processing the fright I felt upon waking and knowing in the dream I experienced death I found comfort in knowing that at least it was painless. I often wondered how painful death would be prior to dying and felt great comfort in knowing my soul left prior to the actual impact of the crash. To this day I am still relieved of that aspect of death and feel confirmation of my souls immortality.

I do wonder if it could be prophetic and I always remember to be alert when I drive in the rain especially at night. Who knows - it could have been a past lifetime. I'm still grateful for the information.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wow, good stuff guys! Thanks to all for sharing their insights on this.

Very interesting, dreams.

I've also had several dreams in which I knew I was dreaming, (Lucid) I only recently learned that's what it is called.

And then there have been the times where I flew in my dreams, I tell you, those have had to be the best ones of all, such freedom, and just this awesome feeling of weightlessness and they feel so very real. Too, bad they don't happen very often, maybe a total of 6 times in my life.

As Lennon said, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I had this dream where I was up on this elevated wooden platform, maybe like an altar about 10 feet in the air. I was bleeding pretty bad and knew I was dieing. I looked up at the sun for it was shining very bright. I could feel my energy fading and began to lay down. I died then realized I didn't have to die if I didn't want to and came back to life. Felt like I was reborn, stood back up and woke up.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

You begin to awaken.
That's often the case with dreams about death as awakening is a form of death
and perhaps the only literal death.

At least this is what i figured out until now after years of dream analysis.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
I had this dream where I was up on this elevated wooden platform, maybe like an altar about 10 feet in the air. I was bleeding pretty bad and knew I was dieing. I looked up at the sun for it was shining very bright. I could feel my energy fading and began to lay down. I died then realized I didn't have to die if I didn't want to and came back to life. Felt like I was reborn, stood back up and woke up.

That is so weird! My first dream of death at 18 was like this, I was in an underground place on a wooden platform and shot from below. I did not die, as soon as I felt the bullet, I awoke.

The second one I was under a table and shot, I felt myself die, and then a floating sensation, I awoke very disturbed.

This last one though, I let it happen, and awoke calm.

Is their a significance to the "wooden platform"?

OT - I did shrooms one time and saw a pyramid with hieroglyphs on the ceiling. Made no sense, as I'm not even into anything like that in real life. Where did it come from?

top topics

join