It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual reality used to transfer men's minds into a woman's body

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
More and more each day we edge closer towards Matrix....

Is this human ingenuity or utter stupidity, screwing around with science? Knowledge is good, but does mankind have the wisdom to use it?

Big pharma better prepare manufacturing red and blue pills. We may need it one day....soon.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Interesting article and this will be one of the ways we travel in time way before we discover how to do it physically.

Full immersion will allow people to immerse themselves as a Pharoah of Egypt or a Rock Star getting back stage groupies.

Once we master virtual reality and full immersion I don't know how you're going to get people to leave the house.

You could have a situation like in that movie Surrogates but the Surrogates will be virtual.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think the whole idea in "Caprica" was awesome, and if that were real and we had that technology I'd probably spend a lot of time in there. The thing is, we'd have to learn how to generate the same brain frequency for everyone using said technology to allow us to experience these 'virtual worlds' together. That would truly be very awesome.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

That would be interesting. People could spend time in ancient Egypt or with Henry the VIII and Anne Boleyn at his court. They could also spend time in a virtual internet where you and other users are immersed in a virtual world.

Just think, we could be in one of these virtual worlds. This is because the simulated beings in these virtual worlds could create more virtual worlds and then those simulated beings can create more virtual worlds and this could go on and on.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I think i have already mentioned this before, but VR as you describe is not that far off imo...relatively speaking of course, around 50 to 100 years i imagine, probably nearer the 50 mark. To process such huge swathes of data needed in replicating a world indistinguishable from the real, quantum computers will be needed, after that we will need to map what biochemical signals mean what, you could compare it to the human genome project in a way. When you think Japanese scientists can already put simple thoughts on to a screen, squares, circles etc... all we need to to do is build a catalog and reverse that process....quantum computing is the key though imo. Sorry for going bit off topic.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I think quantum computing will be important. Ray Kurzweil talks about Nanobots in the brain.

GOOD: How will technological advances change transportation in the 21st century?

Ray Kurzweil: For starters, we will replace a lot of transportation with the ability to meet each other in virtual reality. I give about a third of my speeches around the world using a virtual-communication system that allows me to appear at a venue in three dimensions and in real time. My image is three-dimensional, life-sized, and fully realistic. As I move around, the audience sees their local background behind me.

Ultimately, virtual reality will be extremely realistic and incorporate all of the senses. If we go out to around 2030, we will be able to send someone an information file (as an email attachment, for example) and they will “print” it out in three dimensions to create virtually any three-dimensional object, such as a computer, a solar panel, a module to build housing, food, or clothing. This will replace most of the transportation needed to ship products.

By the late 2020s, nanobots in our brain (that will get there noninvasively, through the capillaries) will create full-immersion virtual-reality environments from within the nervous system. So if you want to go into virtual reality the nanobots shut down the signals coming from your real senses and replace them with the signals that your brain would be receiving if you were actually in the virtual environment. So this will provide full-immersion virtual reality incorporating all of the senses. You will have a body in these virtual-reality environments that you can control just like your real body, but it does not need to be the same body that you have in real reality. We’ll be able to interact with people in any way in these virtual-reality environments. That will replace most travel, but we’ll also have new travel technologies for our real bodies using nanotechnology.

www.good.is...

I think this take is pretty interesting.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
I think quantum computing will be important.

Mainstream science needs to accept more quantum mechanic systems, which means those that have been the mainstream physicists have to accept models that don't agree with their branch of science. Physicists have based there control on science over physical forms and QM is less concerned about the form.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
in the future we wont be able to really distinguish virtual from real life and when it happens...

well, maybe thats what we are right now ... who knows ...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well id be willing to try this my self.
but I would end up with head trama from hitting my self every time i coped a feel.
and man how would i convince my self i didnt have a head ack?
finly no way the hot flashes and modd swings would drive me to ask my self for a divorce
lolol my that was fun

top topics

<< 1   >>

join