It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Braces for Specter Defeat: (Good morning Arlen!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

There are growing signs the White House is trying to distance itself from what it now expects to be an embarrassing defeat of incumbent Sen. Arlen Specter at the hands of Rep. Joe Sestak, a candidate the Obama administration staunchly opposed.

The polls say the contest between Specter and Sestak for the Democratic nomination to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate is too close to call. But the Obama administration is believed to have access to polls that have not yet been made public.

According to the Washington Post, CBS chief Washington correspondent Bob Schieffer told the local CBS affiliate in Philadelphia on Monday: "I have been told on background that the White House is preparing for a Specter loss here, and that the president doesn't want to be associated with that."

There are other indications the White House, which has been a dedicated Specter ally ever since he bolted the Republican Party, is bracing for his defeat.

The Specter campaign had hoped the president and the vice president would join him for last-minute campaigning, but neither will do so. Aggravating the snub is the fact that Vice President Joe Biden is in Pennsylvania to speak at his daughter's graduation ceremony, but will not campaign with Specter.As recently as last week, Biden said he would be available to campaign with the Republican-turned Democrat "as needed."

The president also will come tantalizingly close to Pennsylvania. The MSNBC's FirstRead blog reports "And to add insult to injury, the president is traveling … on Election Day, and he’s literally flying over Pennsylvania to stump in Youngstown, Ohio, a town just across the border."
Source: www.newsmax.com...

A great article that goes from there and breaks it down even more. The article also address races going on in other states that are major game players/makers. Going to be a very interesting day.

My early predicition-Specter out-beaten by 9% points. Again, I will say that he has run a very active ads blitz these last few days. But, I think it was too late for him-not to mention his party switching and support for Obama and Healt Care Reform.

I actually think the most if not all incumbents in the major races get shocked today.

A test of the Tea Party Movement and Sarah Palin (as she has made several endorsements around the country).

[edit on 5/18/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All is peaceful out in PA. Just waiting on the polls to close.

Well, actually, I have to go vote-then wait for the polls to close.

After monitoring the news today,

I predict Specter and Lincoln Blanch are TOAST!! I see the Tea Party endorsed canidates doing very well-all but 1.

I see all of Palins endorsements winning also.

Tic Tic Tic...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just how short are americans memorys, how uninformed are most americans? Are we all that blind or that stupid

How many people know that a young attorney named Arlen Specter worked with the Warren commision and was the one who came up with the idea of the magic bullit that killed JFK ?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well Rand Paul is about to wipe the floor with the GOP "appointee" he's going against in the Kentucky primary who has been endorsed by nearly every single top Republican.

That's a good thing...I have no idea what this means for November however.

new topics

top topics

join