It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Layered Personal Armor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
So here are the Layer of the Armor(for fights as one man army):

1. The bottom of the layer of the armor set consists Long-sleeved Athletic shirt with Boxer short velcroed to the Sweat-absorbing socks
  2. Thermal Cooling Suit
  3. Full-body Titanium Chain-mail Suit with Chain Mail cowl integrated to it
  4. Head-to-Toe Dragon Skin armor(each single ceramic tiles has protection level beyond Type IV small arms protective insert) in Kevlar laminated with Fireproof Polymer
  5. Suit of Armor made out of Fairly thick plate of High Quality Steel(kevlar laminated) and Kevlar-laminated Steel Helmet with Plexiglass visor

Any Questions?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by masonicon]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm expecting Godzilla and an army of zombies to roll in soon. Plus, a pack of wild Indians from the wild west.

I'm gonna implement your plan for body armor.

My friend, you and I are going to be safe, when all others who were laughing at us will be uh... not laughing.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
And they are going to walk in this and carry weopon and full kit and still be combat ready? Or do they get dropped in do the bussiness then airlifted/craned out

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think I'd prefer to try the Trojan S suit.

Though they are currently 50k a set.

www.inventortroy.com...

Don't mind the opening greeting lol.

The same guy that made the bear suit.

Go to the top and click on Trojan S series.

Watch "Trojan S Series"and "Excalibur test".

This is basically all of troy's work over the past few decades finalized, and bullet proof.

I'd show you videos or pictures of the Trojan S suit but the only media is on Troys site, nothing on youtube or google images.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Sounds wonderful, but how are you going to move?

A couple of other things to consider:
1. Heat and heat exhaustion
2. You are still vulnerable to the concussion from a nearby explosion.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
I think I'd prefer to try the Trojan S suit.

Though they are currently 50k a set.

www.inventortroy.com...

Don't mind the opening greeting lol.

The same guy that made the bear suit.

Go to the top and click on Trojan S series.

Watch "Trojan S Series"and "Excalibur test".

This is basically all of troy's work over the past few decades finalized, and bullet proof.

I'd show you videos or pictures of the Trojan S suit but the only media is on Troys site, nothing on youtube or google images.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Scarcer]

Lol the cartoony music isn't helping.

Edit: Ouch I just saw the rolls down the hill. Not bad.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by postmeme]

Edit: I googled more and it looks pretty cool. Real life Superheroes anyone?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by postmeme]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
hahaha... kinda funny.. but what happens if you're alone and have to change into one of those? and what if the bad guys come when you're half way putting on your gear? That suit looks like it needs quite some time to prep yourself and it also does't look doable if you're all alone

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

that video is his bear suits. None of that shows his Trojan suits.

You can go on youtube and look up Trojan Suit T, which was the prototype, or alternatively you can go to the link I supplied and see the final version (S), which looks way nicer.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I, for one, prefer the stay light, move fast approach but that is dependent upon the situation. If your carrying a hard arrest or deliberate assault such as:

Google Video Link

(Footage by Timberwolf UK)

you my want to up armour.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Extreme Pilgrim]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Millionaires are boring, they put that up on ebay and no one bought it.
I'd buy it even if the cost of the suit was all the money I had.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It does not sound so hot to me... Well actually it does sound brain meltingly hot as it happens.

Once you start to move tactically toward the enemy while wearing layers of armour and start ducking and diving in a combat situation you are going to be sweating so hard you might be in danger of drowning in your own fluids within that suit. That is if you do not die of overheating first.

I can remember being “beasted” (British army punishment) in full NBC suit and by the time it was over my respirator was dripping with sweat like someone had poured a cup of water inside it and I was about ready to drink a full jerry can of water dry.

A military diver (I think a diver) was once “beasted” in a wetsuit some years ago down in southern England and he died because he overheated so completely the fat in his brain actually melted.

Therefore I think the concept of the full body armour can only come to fruition and be seen as a viable concept once the weight concerns not to mention the heating concerns are combined with some sort of advanced and robust cooling system and also an included powered system that is a durable, integral part of the suit.

However there is such a thing as being tactical in a hostile enemy environment also and I would think that a cooling system combined with a powered system is not only going to advertise the armoured soldiers presence with sound and heat but the heat venting is going to also show up on any thermal imager like a forest fire.

Noise, heat signature and you armies are thus all relegated to shock troop status – “hit em hard and bug out?” Stay for peace keeping duties and a sniper is going to find a nice juicy (and very expensive) target.

Powered armour though with advantages to become a reality would need to be something so overpoweringly awesome it would need to be something like R Heinlein’s star ship troopers (the book not the film) where power suits enabled men to leap tall buildings and lay waste an area with a personal mini nuke.

Dragon armour and layered cooling undergarments is not viable in my opinion – exhaustion factors in too highly.

Even with powered full body armour all it takes is one high calibre round or anti armour weapon and it is all over – an expensive over too.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
With respect, the problem with posts of this natures is that originator of these threads have more than likely never donned a set of modern body armour, especially the US version, or seen the heat casualties lined up to an IV in some hostile environment. There are many instances where lives have been saved due to a somebody wearing a decent body set but there are a large number of flaws with them also. Please do not let the TV, movies, comic books and vivid imaginations fuel you need to up your 'post count'.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

Originally posted by Extreme Pilgrim With respect, the problem with posts of this natures is that originator of these threads have more than likely never donned a set of modern body armour, especially the US version, or seen the heat casualties lined up to an IV in some hostile environment.

True but that does not mean they should not hypothesise as after all this is a discussion forum and one person's inane nonsense is another’s call to friendly debate?

Originally posted by Extreme Pilgrim There are many instances where lives have been saved due to a somebody wearing a decent body set but there are a large number of flaws with them also. Please do not let the TV, movies, comic books and vivid imaginations fuel you need to up your 'post count'. [edit on 18-5-2010 by Extreme Pilgrim]

So, according to your logic someone with a vivid imagination, a penchant for comic books and television should not post because they are not qualified to talk about armour, cannot touch it, cannot even look at it because they never served and never bled and so on and so on?

Best then to leave such talk to people who have “been there and done that” just in case it all comes across as an egotistical self serving attempt to raise ones post count on the part of the OP - who has (you asume) never served and thus has no right to talk about such things?

You came in here “with all due respects” and left with a middle finger pointed at the OP or did I just miss something?

Welcome to ATS, we can talk as we wish as long as we stay within the terms and conditions... Yes?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I am all for a spot of friendly debate and banter but there must be a modicum of self governing before somebody starts a thread. The imagination has led to wonderful developments and a do not decry anybody who used it but people must look at the told available to them (such as a Google search) and take a moment to research the topic what they are about to post upon, lest they flood ATS with low quality data. I feel that the 'middle finger' was a but harsh, I was merely pointing to the extreme and left it there for those who's head the cap fitted to pick it up and wear it with pride.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
For those with an abstract mind:

Looks good

but not so practical

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

So where do I get me 1 @ would be my main question for you OP. Also how much for a skull suit in dark blue color???

[edit on 5/18/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

I am sorry if I came across as overly harsh, my intent was just to point out that we can make threads as we wish and we all come from different backgrounds and experiences and thus what others might see as drivel someone else is going to give stars and flags for and I enjoy reading them (my guilty secret).

The middle finger comment was probably a little over the top agreed – sorry.

In my opinion there are enough characters in the real world ready to jump on a person for the slightest infraction that to see it here is depressing. This is not an attack on you or your opinion, I just standing up for the OPS right to post is all.

Back on topic and I think the OP’s idea though sounding like a good idea would be a soldiers worst nightmare unless there was another addition to the armour - self powered armour.

I said that already earlier in this thread and this is an attempt to remain un-moderated (hides and waits to see if the hammer falls).

[edit on 18-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The big problem with an exo-skeleton being produced today, as I see it, is power. Or specifically power to weight ratios.
Sure, we could (and probably can) make powered exo-skeleton armoured suits, but to provide power to the suit, the suit systems, the cooling systems, and all the tactical gear is gonna take a bucket load of batteries, and how long will they last in the field? Do you really want to be wearing a suit so heavy you can't move without the power assistance? And WTF do you do when the batteries run out in combat? Coz I'm betting if we could even make a powered suit with say 12 hours endurance, then Terry Taliban is gonna wait till you're at the limit of your battery life, then try to pin you down and wait for everyone's batteries to run out of juice, then get the easy kills when all the suits are down and out of juice.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
One thing, how heavy will this suit be?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
as far as powering the suit goes thats fairly easy.. no batteries needed. you could use a hydrogen fuel cell. BUT WAIT HYDROGEN IS DANGEROUS! instead of storing it as a liquid or compressed gas one would store it in a tank with hydrides in it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join