It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar Anomalies Question-4 Photos of Multiple Hole Punched Rings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hello ATS.. This is my first thread. .
I have read most of the ATS threads on radar rings and do understand the explanation that doplar can cause effects.

I have four photos, if you could please examine, that have multiple (hole punch for description) rings . for within the ATS threads, I found no reference to discussion on multiples. So, if this has been discussed, please forgive, and point me to the right direction.

I can understand one ring but this many? I think it most unusual to see this many given rings at a time. So, ATS, is this normal? What are they? Multiple doplar glitches from lots of other radar stations? Does the doplar glitch apply to these photos or is there a different explanation for this type anomaly?

Thanks in advance for helping me understand...
SeekerLou

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It's because those are the source radar stations. The beams from the radar don't pick up detail near them only out soo many miles and they pick up the tops of the clouds.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I believe that Radar in Clear Air mode picks up rings in areas of high pollution. For example:

virtual.clemson.edu...
www.mesonet.ttu.edu...

They do that when there is no precipitation to show.
They often link multiple radars together into one composite for weather reporting, so if you have multiple radars in an area in CLR mode you will get multiple circles.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by defcon5]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thank you, Deeznuts and Defcon5 for your responses.

Deeznuts..did the radar swoop across hole punched clouds? Just kidding, I can understand what you are saying but I'm still at a loss lol.

Defcon5...I looked at the two links you provided for examples. The examples IMO were of normal ground clutter and nothing like the hole punched rings in my OP. The ground clutter I can understand. The rings part , I still don't. It hasn't sunk in correctly yet lol.

DO Appreciate your responses in trying to help me understand this.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

It has to do with the amount of energy being returned to the radar antenna. At close range not enough energy is returned from the clouds and moisture in the air to the radar antenna. Therefore, it shows up as "vacant rings" around the radar antenna. The height of the antenna also plays a role.

For instance, ship radars aren't good at picking up objects very near to them unless they are big because not enough radar energy is returned to the antenna.

It's nothing abnormal, sometimes on those composite radar shots you get one station looking like it has spokes coming out of it. This is due to interference from another radar that operates on similar frequency.

To be honest, I don't see anything abnormal in what you posted. Other examples of "hollow" or ring radar imagery is if the radar is picking up the beginings of a tornado forming. Clouds and air currents swoop down from the upper atmosphere feeding the warm, moist ground air. This is what the radar sometimes sees.

To quote some other posters on this site:

"Nothing to see here, move along!"

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
is there some way to track down a radar image that was on the news a week ago? ive been googling but havnt found it.

one of the days between 05/ 10-14. last week mon-fri, id have to guess to say i think it was tuesday 05/11. its was on fox channel 12 news here in portland oregon, there was an enormous and very dense anomaly hovering over mt hood, it appeared about the size of mt hood, and it appeared to be completly symetrical, like a rectangle without corners, curves instead, i remember the weather man ten minutes later saying word for word "what ever it was it seems to have disintagrated now." i keep hoping to see someone post a recording since i havtn been able to find one myself, it was on fox news live weather i should hope SOMEONE got it,

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Thank you Deeznutz for your detailed explanation of this radar anomaly. NOW I have an understanding of how this works! Makes perfectly good logical sense to me.

You wouldn't by chance have a link would you? I'm not very good at explaining things to others and I would like to refer them to ... Hmm, I'll just send them to you. You make it EASY to understand.

Thanks once again for your help!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Am sure someone else in here could probably help you on that one. I don't recall seeing rectangles on radar before... At first thought, am thinking maybe pixelation from the feed?

I don't track nor am I a member of any weather group ..sorry. My photos were quick screen captures from radar on the pc but surely someone here might have a membership who could access radar archives.

Keep seeking... you shall find!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Super find.
Of course we know why you find such a formation of worthy note.
A four saucer quartet leaving Nashville.
Why not.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Super find.
Of course we know why you find such a formation of worthy note.
A four saucer quartet leaving Nashville.
Why not.

Thank you. I thought them most unusual and had been wondering about this for a while now. Deeznut has explained things to my satisfaction...so I can finally understand this!

Love your sense of humor! First time I've laughed today
I CAN see people believing that. Umm.. you weren't serious were you? If so, sorry for laughing.
in your face...and the misinterpretting ...lolol...

I have seen ufos before though so I do believe.. but I don't think they would show up on radar..IMO.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I have my doubts about those lenticular cloud formations as well.
CIA telling the weather service to prostitute itself for covering
a phenomena of the Tesla ether ship sounds like their type of thing.
The air becomes an electrical medium under the forces developed by
Tesla. Who knows what radar responses might show up.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

I have my doubts about those lenticular cloud formations as well.
CIA telling the weather service to prostitute itself for covering
a phenomena of the Tesla ether ship sounds like their type of thing.
The air becomes an electrical medium under the forces developed by
Tesla. Who knows what radar responses might show up.

ok..umm. Tesla ether ship? Have anything else to share there? Also, I can understand why some would suspect the lenticulars... such classic saucer shapes...

but alllll ufos are not like the classic. I've seen several types myself. several makes and models lol). Also ... to add, I have seen a cloud cloaked morphing UFO once w/two small orbs. IMO and understanding the lenticulars are just clouds. But I'd say they will/could/would hide in them!

Agreed! Nothing past some of our govt! Lots of secrets there!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well you might not agree on the Tesla ether ship.
Like who would.
So far what determinations one might gain looking into the
so called conspiracy apparently the ships have a physical
propulsion just as jets and propeller craft use mechanics
whereas the Tesla ether ship works electricity to physical
force.

The force might gather moisture up from the surface of the
earth and accumulate around the craft. And perhaps with
some skillful move blow the cloud away just as you have
in the radar.

I find the Tesla science fits into some physical phenomena
even if other physical scientists say different.
No one has more locked up notes, labs and science than Tesla
and we should never forget that fact.

The fact that Germany was developing Tesla's science along
with many still secret equipment and techniques just helps
to keep energy secrets under the Nation Security Act
as special carburetors were destroyed after WWII to take
away any advantage to an enemy. Thus any new energy
source might be classified and thus any cosmic or otherwise
development by Tesla. So therefore we know nothing of the
Tesla ether ship.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Oh crap..here I go getting confused again..
. I can understand why you say this. Just read your tesla thread and understand the technology was stolen and hidden, etc. Man ! is that way over my head. Also agree anything is possible to show up on the radar... i.e.chaff for one.

Deez did explain how the dop radar can cause these rings. However you pointed out to me another thing to consider.... COULD BE some sort of testing...and this testing could be covered up easily BY being explained away AS the type anomaly Deez explained. They both would cause the same radar effect.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
OMG! ... making me think of opening stargates even..

Who knows for sure whether they are radar stations, testing, space ships... or stargates?

Have no clue about it - as stated previously this is waay over my head but I was reading about ADVANCEMENTS IN THEORETICAL MODELS OF CONFINED VORTEX FLOWFIELDS and Exact Eulerian Solutions of the Cylindrical Bidirectional Vortex at the UTSI website (can't seem to find the link now but have the pdf sorry). It's too deep for me.
Am wondering if this is related to tesla tech or something else entirely unrelated.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just found this link - www.borderlands.com... -Very interesting!

A radar expert speaks out about the anomalies, explaining them...which led me to
www.enterprisemission.com... where they are questioning them. (I can understand why.)

The Greensville, SC radar is similar to the OP with the exception of the sunrise spike.
His analysis :
"Short and Sweet: Loop shows lifting and dissipation of low level phenomena with the sunrise. It is most likely low clouds and fog. This pattern is the exact opposite of the one you'd see if something were exploding aloft and falling to the ground.

Update on Analysis of this Loop - 1/24/99: I was contacted by a noted biologist who informed me that my analysis of this loop was incorrect! What is seen here are not clouds and low fog lifting uniformly, but thousands of Purple Martins taking off at sunrise. (But the sunrise spike is still real!) This kind of thing has been documented on numerous occasions. After doing some checking, I realized that loop IS only the GSP image. The other locations, which I thought might have been radar sites, were instead roosting sites for the birds. They must fan out in those patterns after the mass take-off!"

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ATS wouldn't let me edit to add :

IMO we have different explanations from the radar experts...My pictures were very similar to the one he analyzed too, so, I can only assume that the 'experts' are making their educated guesses like we do...

Explanations -everywhere- for everything! these days... but discernment is another thing.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by SeekerLou]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Also don't forget that radar is LOS(Line Of Sight) device so the radar beams don't follow the curvature of the earth very well. On open water, even huge cargo ships aren't visible to the naked eye until approx. 14NM as the ship is below the horizon. Radar range was about 28-30NM depending on atmospheric and meteorological conditions.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

As well as that, the also pick up rainfall not reaching the ground....we call that virga

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Thank you for your replies. ..To Oz also , I appreciate it. I have to admit that I still have a whole lot to learn about this radar stuff.

Off topic - Have to add: Got a kick out of telling someone that Deeznutz helped me the other day.

Back to topic: Do you and Oz - or anyone else, of course- mind answering another question on addtional photos? Is this spike the sunrise?

OK , if the previous are sunrises , what is this?

Thanks, once again, for your replies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join