It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MK Topics...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Btw, I thought MK stood for "Mind Kontol"?

So did I...

Second line...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
To believe that the MK programs have been "stopped" is nothing but ignorant.

If that was the case, all information gathered at the Nazi death camps would have been burned and purpously forgotten...but it wasn't.

I think it is not too morbid to say that medical science have much to thank both the Nazis and the (even worse) imperial Japanese for their experiments that would never have been executed if respect for human life was taken into consideration...

I think we should not forget the Soviet MK programs.
They were at least at the same level as in the US, but there are reasons to believe they have come even further in the field.

Also what is happening in North Korea can be viewed as one helluva MK operation.

I am very "into" this field of research so just give me a task and I'll dig for all I'm worth.

Otherwise, I'll just be all over the place!

I guess I'll start with reading the two books I mentioned earlier and come back with a report (give me some time though, my folks don't live nearby).

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Raud]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah! I love information on this. I am always reading something on MK-Ultra. I have always found it to be very interesting and the fact that it isn't talked about when there is so much information all over the place makes me wonder too.

Raud I saw that program and it was recently. I noticed it was older compared to the others that were on. It was a couple months ago and it was here in the US. They did a mind control marathon of sorts. Everything that day was about mind control, mk-ultra and the Nazi'a. Each program was shown about 3 times throughout the day. I was up early and stayed up late and had that channel on all day in the background. I am googling and looking on youtube for you! I would like to see it again, I am also checking Netflix, they do have a lot of these on there. I have ordered many different documentaries on various topics on Neflix.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

For real???

The one feat. B. Clinton (at the end of the show, if I remember correctly)? And that crazy guy in a van, measuring ELF signals outside Camp Hero?

If you can link me to that one, if it really is that one...
...man, I'd kiss ya!

(sorry for hijacking the thread, Mem! I'll make up for it. Promise!)

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Raud]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank you guys for answering my MK query.

I personally thought of Mary Kay when the MK came up. Mary Kay as in the nice pink outfit Jackie was wearing when she blew John's Head off. Don't forget Jackie was CIA and was most assuredly in the MK program. Throw in a few "if you don't do this we start first with caroline, then John Jr (who they capped anyway) and will work our way down the line accident after accident. Add a little speed to the mix and presto change-o Mary Kay Ultra.

It worked. She shot her husband in front of everyone and no one blinked twice.

"Back and to the right" That is what happens when you fire from the left under the head...."Back and to the right".

Sorry not trying to go into JFK, but Mary Kay made sense.

Thanks again

Peace

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is a very complex topic...MK Ultra is probably at least related tangentially to "Operation Paperclip" which involved the dissemination of Nazi scientists and intellectuals at the close of WW II. Nazi scumbags like the "Der Sturmer" propagandist Julius Streicher were executed in the gymnasium at the Nuremburg trials. But...some of the Nazis had valuable scientific information, social engineering information etc. in the works. These men were valuable in a sense. They became "spoils of war" and guess what country MAYBE got the lion's share of them. The fighting men returning to the USA would have been appalled and furious to learn that some of their neighbors were these very same war criminals, so it had to be kept secret.

Why don't people talk about MK Ultra more and discuss it? Well, there isn't really any NEW information that has come to light lately,at least none that I have seen. I've read dozens of threads on MK- its always the same same same stuff- and yes, most of the substantiated info. is right there on wikipedia. To talk about "MK Ultra" is to talk about a period of time that I think maybe technically ended at the time of the Church Commission. Helms destroyed files. Lots of cases closed. Most conspiracy-minded people seem to agree that yes, there is a "new generation" of MK Ultra style experiments underway- and I am of the opinion that these things are now right out in the open, so "in your face" that people can't see them for what they partially are. (Hint:"entertainment"PROGRAMMING/ BIG PHARMA)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Do you think they have figured out some MIB type of device that can hide/erase memories through these conscious experiments?

Yes.

Can't explain it now...but yes.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Okay, time to get this tread going again!

I have aquired the mentioned literature and the reading process will begin withing the next few weeks (if I lag behind on it, you bloody have to kick me in the butt to get me going).

As I was busy elsewhere, the books were handed over by my dad to my girlfriend. As he did so, he said to her:
"People just have no idea that these things happen. They all think they live in a "democracy"..."

Here are what I am in for:

Title: BRAINWASHING from A Psychological Viewpoint
Author: (unknown)
Publisher: (unknown)
Year: 1956

Cover:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/defe7b790342.jpg[/atsimg]

Table of contents (page 1):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bb0c85668e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Table of contents (page 2):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a6f08496897.jpg[/atsimg]

Title: Behaviour Modification (The Art of Mind Murdering)
Author: Richard Camellion
Publisher: Paladin Press (USA)
Year: 1978

Cover:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/933cac52cded.jpg[/atsimg]

Table of contents (lost patience in getting a good snapshot of it, sorry):
Preface....1
Chapter One:
Mind control - Thought control: What is it?....9
Chapter Two:
Soviet experiments before and after the revolution....19
Chapter Three:
Modern methods of Soviet brainwashing....31
Chapter Four:
Mind murder in North Korea....43
Chapter Five:
The role of drugs and psychosurgery in behaviour modification....55
Chapter Six:
Mind control experiments in The United States....71
Chapter Seven:
More of Big Brother in Washington....85
Chapter Eight:
Electronic brainwashing....105
Chapter Nine:
Ethical considerations....119

I'll keep you posted on what I find from these sources as I go!
Please let me know if there is anything specific I should take extra notice of.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I will give my left cajones to have a transcription of the section in reference to the Communist Control Techinques.

I've been through an experience of that sort.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Thanks for posting that...

I am wondering if there is an online resource to the content...as there are a few chapters I would really like to read...and as with GENERAL EYES, I too likely have had experience with some of those chapters...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I went through the gamut of the book.

At any rate, I find it interesting that "Ethical Considerations" is the last chapter...almost as an after thought...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

A LINK - Natural News regarding the medical records of the Virginia Tech shooter, how they were hid and such. What with all the weirdness surrounding that and Columbine - ATS Thread makes me think they have loads of irons in the MK fire. School shootings make for great television(there's a whole other world of mind manipulation there but not my gig right at the moment) and create great laws(for them, not us).

You mentioned Sirhan Sirhan - I give you Evidence Of Revision Part 5. It's part of a series but is good for this purpose as it deals with the murder of RFK and leads into Jonestown and mind control reports.

Google Video Link

Jonestown - Was Jonestown a CIA Medical Experiment? A Review of the Evidence - by Michael Meiers - Amazon Linky has this blurb about the book:

A work of investigative journalism that presents the theory that the Central Intelligence Agency employed the Reverend Jim Jones to administer a pharmaceutical field test in mind control and ethnic weaponry to a large test group, namely the membership of the Peoples Temple. The text proposes that Dr. Laurence Layton (former Chief of the U.S. Army's Chemical and Biological Warfare Division) cultured the AIDS virus to be tested and deployed in a CIA-backed experiment in Jonestown, Guyana.

Also, Ted Kaczinsky was a victim of some crazy stuff. It definitely helped to shape his perspective which helped him kill. Odd combination in his case but it seems as anyone who is subjected to this could become whatever they want. I picked up this book from the library and it's really quite good.

Then there's always Ed Bernays and the story of his Uncle Sigmund Freud and his daughter Anna, documented here in Century Of Self.

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Also look up Cathy O'Brien, I think her name is. She's got a wild story.

There's a bit of the tip of the iceberg. There's bunches of instances where they have messed with us and the Century of Self series shows how they don't even need to do it one by one or use drugs to get someone to do what they want, they can do it en masse and have for quite some time.

Now, let's post this puppy and see if I got my links right. I hate editing that stuff.

EDIT: To fix link(hopefully) and add a sentence.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by TheLoony]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
reply to post by Raud

I will give my left cajones to have a transcription of the section in reference to the Communist Control Techinques.

I've been through an experience of that sort.

The booklet "BRAINWASHING" is in its entirety a report of the Soviet/Communist mind control techniques.

The book "Behaviour Modification" can be bought on Amazon so you might be able to keep on with both dingles in place

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

As of today I'll start with "Behaviour Modification" since I am unwilling to bring the other book outside my home (it is pretty fragile, being 50+ years old and in low quality to begin with).

Are there any key words I should be on the lookout for?

I have understood as much as that you (and General Eyes) are especially interested in the direct methods in a "brainwashing/mind altering" process.

*leaning back in chair with a cup of tea*

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

As of today I'll start with "Behaviour Modification" since I am unwilling to bring the other book outside my home (it is pretty fragile, being 50+ years old and in low quality to begin with).

Right on...I would be careful of that one too...sounds like it is a piece of history. I do envy your "collection"...I think I have a Sci Fi book and a second edition of 1984...

Are there any key words I should be on the lookout for?

For the most part, I am thinking that there aren't any specific key words to be on the look out for...I am not really familiar with the literature of that time frame and as such would tend to take the info as it is presented/

However, I would be curious to see if there are any instances of "remote" or any synonym thereof (as in "effecting from afar") and "surriptitious".

I have understood as much as that you (and General Eyes) are especially interested in the direct methods in a "brainwashing/mind altering" process.

Not so much as the methods that may apply to personal experience. Knowing the techniques is one thing, knowing how to condition an individual to respond to "tinnitus cues" in tandem with induced amnesia is certainly a curiosity to me...but I doubt that will be in that book...though there are only so many ways one can successfully induce such reactions; the list of possibilities is a short one.

At any rate, I look forward to your further thoughts on the topic and as well look forward to discussing the issues as you bring them up...

-Readies the rum and shot glass-

[edit on Mon, 31 May 2010 10:59:34 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Okay, I just finished Behaviour Modification and there were some stuff worth digging into as well as some info that seemes valuable "raw".

First, I checked the author and the publisher.

The author, Richard (Joseph?) Camellion doesn't really bring up any hits apart from the main character in the Death Merchant novel series by Joseph Rosenberger...but I doubt those two are the same...mostly on the basis that one of them seems a tad bit fictional.

There is another publication by the same name:
Assassination Theory and Practice
that I find at Amazon but it isn't much of a lead.

It is not impossible at all that R. Camellion is nothing but a pseudonym (maybe it's Rosenberger himself even?).
It might even be so that the author feared consequences for his writing and wanted to take the safe approach first.
I have no idea if this is true, but it could be. I offer any other member to research Camellion further.

Paladin Press, however, is alive and kicking with full force and is celebrating 30 years in business this year (founded 1970). Yet, there is no mention of Behaviour Modification or Camellion at all.

R. Camellion (or whoever writes under that name) is an angry person (the writing contains numerous exclamation marks, though never more than one at a time). It is understandable since it was written not long after the MK-ULTRA documents were released (other than the first few pages that turned up - told to be the "only ones not destroyed"). I mean, even I am pissed at the grave abuse of human rights that S. Gottlieb and his goons carried out without a trace of mercy.

The main targets for the author's dislike, or rather hate, are Dr. J.M.R. Delgado, James V. McConnell (one of the Unabomber's targets, interestingly enough), Dr. Martin Groder (had a hard time to find a 100% match on him, help wanted) and, above all, the "Godfather" (title given at one point in the book by Camellion) behaviorist B. F. Skinner and I should add that if half of what Camellion accuses Skinner of is true, I'll put hin on my hate-list any day.
I can truly understand why they would be favoured by "TPTB" since their version of utopia would involve rather mindless people, looked upon (or rather "down at") as mere research subjects - lab rats. A mentality that goes hand in hand with the work of Gottlieb.

Still, none of these persons have much to do with the MK programs per se even though it must be said that all three of them would surely defend the MK experiments, at least on a philosophical and/or ethical level (however sick that might sound).

Other information that might be of interest:

There is mention of the 1970 Ritalin scandal that came to be the "Omaha uproar" (briefly mentioned here). If that is anything of use, I don't know.

On page 3, there is some talk about the "Silva Mind Control Method". Visit the official page here and check the Wiki.
Also "Alpha Dynamics" is mentioned...might be worth checking out too.
Kinda strange stuff.

The "Stimoceiver", developed at Yale, and the "Multichannel Transdermal Stimulator" might be hot keywords.
If these were being tested back in the late 70's, it might be very interseting to know in what stage the research is at the present...

When the book is covering Soviet brainwashing, the famous scientist Pavlov is mentioned (you know, the guy with the dogs). Apparently (or rather according to the author) Lenin really caught interest of Pavlov's findings and funded him to apply his research onto human subjects.
All that is just trivia really, unless you want to thouroughly go through the history of mind control...

This reall caught my attention:

The "5th KGB Department (-Oy)", as it is named in the book, had in the infamous Lubyanka prison/KGB HQ a facility simply called "The Room" (there were actually 13 such rooms - yeah, 13 just for the hell of it, I reckon) made for no other reason than to force the human subject into submission through severe psychological torture.

These "rooms" were set up in 1964 and revealed to the West by KGB Major Stephan Solvirin who defected in 1971.
The book describes "The Room" as follows:

"...it is larger than the average American prison cell. A typical "Room" is eight by ten feet, with a fourteen foot ceiling. But only in its size does the "Room" resemble an ordinary room. Everything else aobut a "Room" is the result of a scientific nightmare. They are airtight and soundproof. Air is filtered in. This means that ultrasonic sound can be piped into the "Room", as well as various odors...
[...]
The only furnishings are a toilet stool and a metal platform, jutting out from the wall, that serves as a bunk. The catch is that the bunk is slanted at such an angle that when the victim lies down, he will roll off onto the floor [...] Sleep, therefore, is impossible unless the prisoner tries sleeping on the floor. But that is also impossible, since bricks are cemented into the floor at protruding angles. The side and rear walls, and te ceiling are also very special. They are covered with gigantic mirrors on which are projected patterns of kaleidoscopic color."

A subject would spend up to three weeks in "The Room" until a total mental breakdown was guaranteed. Sleep was made impossible with stressful sound played through hidden loudspeakers and/or bright light.
If the subject would try to commit suicide, knock-out gas would be administred and the subject would be taken to a hospital.
All this combined with the use of drugs on the subject is maybe what we consider "traditional" means of brainwashing...

I'm starting to get real tired now (been working the last 13 hours) so I'll just toss in the following and elaborate next time I'm online (in a few days or so):

- "Twin Oaks"
- Mk-SEARCH (sub project 138)
- Geshickter Fund for Medical Research (Dr. Klaus R. Unna)
- Josiah Macy Jr. Fund
- CIA memo: June 25, 1951 (University of Illinois)
- Dr. Sears (dealing with hypnosis)
- Anectine
- SEED
- LEAA and the START program
- R. S. Mackay

Sorry for the sloppy and rather lazy ending of this post. I promise to explain the who/why/when and where about every each one of them...later.

Thank you for the patience

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Raud]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Thank you immensely Raud.

I shall be investing some time in obtaining/absorbing this manual.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

No problemo, General E.

I'll go right ahead with telling what the book says about the topics I just mentioned in short (at the end of my previous post):

The "Twin Oaks" is according to Wikipedia:

win Oaks Community is an ecovillage and intentional community of about one hundred people in Louisa County, Virginia . It is a member of the Federation of Egalitarian Communities. Founded in 1967, it is one of the longest-enduring and largest secular intentional communities in North America. Its core values include nonviolence, egalitarianism, feminism, and ecology.
[...]
The community's initial inspiration was B.F. Skinner's novel Walden Two, which describes a fictional behaviourist utopia. The book inspired Kinkade to search for others who might be interested in putting Skinner's ideas for a peaceful, egalitarian society into practice. However, Skinner's vision quickly faded from prominence at Twin Oaks.[7]. Despite overtly rejecting Skinner's vision, the initial organizational structure and the labor credit system - both modified - survive to this day.

The latter part of that quote might explain why the book speaks of Twin Oaks in this way on page 64:

...Skinner advocates communal living, and his Walden Two has spawned a number of real-life cimitations of which the best known is Twin Oaks. Few memebers stay long. So far the turnover has been almsot eighty percent. The main reason for the failure is that members, who have special talents, want recognition for these talents, and this is a big no-no.
[...]
But as we have said, Skinner and other Behaviorists know very little about basic human nature. What might work in the labratory does will not necessarily work in every day life in the real world.

Looking at Twin Oaks today, I see very little reference to MK projects so I am sorry for maybe leading you "off track" with that one...
I'd infact join them any day if I was a U.S. citizen!

Now, for a real piece of MK material, the book comes to speak of a part thereof I personally have never heard of; Mk-SEARCH and Subproject 138.

Mk-SEARCH was brought to light during the disclosure of 1977.
It became clear that Gottleib had not halted the experiments of MK-ULTRA in the late 60's as was first told. Instead, it was just given a new name: Mk-SEARCH, though considered a "sanitized version of MK-ULTRA" (quote from book).
This "new" MK program didn't however last very long. Supposedly, Gottleib but a complete halt to it in July 10th, 1972.

What is far more interesting is Subproject 138.
I will quote this short, but fascinating section of the book in full (pages 71-72):

"MK-ULTRA involved 149 research projects - supposedly. The actual number is believed to be a good deal higher. Many of the projects are worthy of considerations as television scripts or motion picture screenplays. For example, htere was Subproject 138, designed to find out if "fine fibres of microfilaments" could be implanted in human skin "to facilitate remote polygraph measurement" - lie-detection tests by remote control!

The heavily censored records on that particular experiment don't tell what compnay men were able to accomplish. But one can imagine the chortling that must have taken place at "The Center," in Viriginia over the prospects of monitoring an enemy agent's conversations - or statements during interrogation - and knowing if he was lying or telling the truth"

I tried fining a copy of this memo online, but without luck.

It's really neither a secret, nor a brainer that MK-ULTRA was heavily involved with drug related experiments. Just after the above quoted section, the book goes through the subject, mentioning the Geshickter Fund for Medial Research (named after Charles Geshickter).
This foundation, which in reality was a CIA front, financed the '___' research under the supervision of Dr. Klaus R. Unna (you can find some of his works here).
Dr. Unna's place of work was the Medical Center in Chicago where he was the head of the Department of Pharmacology. His MK-assigned misson was to come up with "labratory methods for screening psyco-chemical materials, such as '___'".
The book reads on page 73:

"Initially the testing was conducted on animals, but the project was envisioned for humans."
[...]
"What the CIA seemed to be seeking (according to company memos) was a reliable system for testing other unknown drugs and chemicals that might have a psychomimetic effect, that is, one of inducing a mental state similar to psychosis"
[...]
"A 1956 CIA memo makes it crystal clear that the company envisioned some human testing in its search for a standard labratory screening system. "We shall continue to work with the new (chemical) agents, carrying them to human tests to veryfy their psychomimetic activity" writes an unnamed CIA official in a 1951 memo on the Illinois project."

The latter part of the above quote, containing the CIA memo from June 25th 1951, is taken from a very interesting section of the book that continues on page 74 with saying:

...indicates that among the physical facilities made avaible by the University of Illinois project were "a ward with subjects for human testing at (deleted)."
According to the New York Times the twenty-five year effort of the CIA cost $25 million and involved several medical research institutions and government hospitals in the U.S. and Canada. The Times further stated (on August 2, 1977) that the CIA channeled funds through three private medical research foundations: the Geshickter Foundation for Medical Reserach of Washington, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation and the now defunct Society for the Investigation of Human Ecology.

These three above mentioned foundations are involved in some of the worst and most despicable parts of the MK projects.
They involve: experiments with isolation and sensory deprivation, involuntary drug experiments on mental patients and brainwashing.
Some of the perpetrators:
The notorious Dr. D. Ewen Cameron ( mostly active at Allan Memorial Institute of Psychiatry at McGill University in Montreal).
Dr. Harold Wolff at the Cornell University Medical Center who is mentioned in this Wikipedia article about Human experimentation in the United States:

Wolff requested that the CIA provide him any information they could find regarding "threats, coercion, imprisonment, deprivation, humiliation, torture, 'brainwashing', 'black psychiatry', and hypnosis, or any combination of these, with or without chemical agents". According to Wolff, the research team would then:
"...assemble, collate, analyze and assimilate this information and will then undertake experimental investigations designed to develop new techniques of offensive/defensive intelligence use ... Potentially useful secret drugs (and various brain damaging procedures) will be similarly tested in order to ascertain the fundamental effect upon human brain function and upon the subject's mood ... Where any of the studies involve potential harm of the subject, we expect the Agency to make available suitable subjects and a proper place for the performance of the necessary experiments."

Dr. Carl Pfeiffer who performed '___' experiments on convicts in Atlanta and at the Bordentown Reformatory in New Jersey in 1955-56.

I hope these people burn in a solitary confinement in hell...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I hope these people burn in a solitary confinement in hell...

There is more...

Initially funded by the Navy, the project set out to study the effects of brain concussion. Soon after, scientists noted that a blow to the head prompted amnesia, leading to the pursuit of a drug-based technique to “induce brain concussion … without physical trauma.” Shortly thereafter, the project was transferred entirely to the CIA, because it involved “human experiments … not easily justifiable on medical-therapeutic grounds.”

Pdf source

I have the above saved to my hard drive but the fact that the military went to study concussive amnesia in order to simulate the effects with new chemical agents should really be a hint on not only motivation but the lengths they were willing to go.

The only reason to perfect an amnesia inductor is for manipulation and control and I am positive that it wasn't intended merely for the context of opposing nationalities...which would lead us to how serious this topic is if one considers that all of this information is being kept classified and kept for only certain people.

The following ATS thread has more...www.abovetopsecret.com... a bit more. The thread never pgot off the ground...but has some interesting reading...

The remote control polygraph is an interesting concern but I am also certain that there are many other applications for remote influence...which makes them unaccountable and bigger bastards than I can express right now...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

When it comes to the MK topics, there is always more to read!

Still, each time we dig into this subject, we realize we are only able to barely scratch the surface...

I will now continue presenting my "book report":

When it comes down to the experiments involving hypnosis, there is mention of a Professor Sears who I have problem finding a 100% match on. He was, according to the book, head of the psychology department at York College in Nebraska.
His initial work is rather admirable though as he managed to turn students with poor grades into class-A scholars through hypnosis, reads the book on page 79: "[...]hightening their learning and recall powers[...]" (I'd sign up for a session any day!).
The CIA somehow got hold of professor Sears and after he had given a lecture to top CIA officials at a Washington D.C. hospital (Sears was told, according to himself, that they were representtatives of the Geshickter fund of which he knew nothing of) they asked him for answers to the following questions:

- How could such results be carried into the clandestine service?
- How well could a person learn and reacall complex written material?
- Could a person under hypnosis fool a lie detector? [proved true by Sears according to the book. A lie detector doesn't work at all if the subject is under hypnosis. /Raud]
- Could a person learn Morse Code more quickly?
- Is total recall possible, by using hypnosis?
- Could hypnosis induce amnesia in a person, i.e. so a person would forget all he had learned and reported while in trance?

Again with the amnesia... The MK people and the CIA was really into that subject. I'd call it another way of assassination, a way that limits itself to the brain only - mind murder.

Sears denied all connection with the CIA, but his name is mentioned in a memo from May 28th 1954 written by S. Gottleib himself and Sears got the money for his studies from the Geshickter Fund.
The CIA kept his previous research program "the use of hypnosis in remedial education" as a suitable front for what was really going on (from page 80):

"Another intriguing possibillity [from a censored CIA memo /Raud]: "Can auto-hypnosis (self-induced) be taught so as to be effective in cancelling out pain or other stress conditions, i.e. if this can be done, a person could create his own world and be happy in it even thoguh he were actually confined in a very small and filthy place"."

We can only imagine how these "possibilities" were examined...

Another short but chilling quote by Sears, regarding his studies in combining drugs with hypnosis (typical MK material):

"study hypnosis, aided by drugs [...] could not be handled in a universtiy situation"

Does anyone think that Gottleib canceled this part of the program just because of that?
I only wonder where they decided to move it...Camp Hero maybe?

Professor Sears, who might be the one most involved in the creation of a "real life Manchurian Candidate", was active (under CIA command) in the psychology department at the University of Minnesota (together with a Dr. Donald W. Hastings).
He was later moved (on his own request due to health problems) to Denver University where he used (according to the book on page 80)

"more than 100 students as guinea pigs, paying them a dollar an hour for their time"

It would be really interesting to speak to one of these students. Did they know that for a buck, they seriously endangered their mental health, in favour of a gravely unconstitutional and straight out evil CIA operation?

The book also speaks of another experiment carried out by Sears in which a person was told a secret message under hypnosis, forgetting all about it after the session, but then being able to recall it in full during the next (session).
That's some real hard core "secret agent" stuff, so secret that the "agent" himself knows nothing about it!
Take that and combine it with this:

Sears suggested the possibilities of hypnotizing unwilling subjects and even those who speak a language not spoken bt the hypnotist, such as through the use of an audio system involving certain kinds of signals"

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Back to the drug-related MK topics...

As we know, a lot of the MK projects were carried out on inmates and the book speaks often about that.
Not that it contributes very much to the thread, I'd still want to make a little reference to what is said about the use of a terrible drug called Anectine.

This drug was used in experiments that can be compared to what we see in the movie "A Clockwork Orange".
Inmates were given this drug as to "scare them away" from comitting crime. In reality, these experiments did little good other than satisfying the thirst for torture among CIA funded prison psychiatrists who refered to this practice as being "humane" and "only somewhat unpleasant".
The book tells the following:

"Succinylcholine chloride (the trade name is Anectine) is one of the worst "horror" drugs in existance. The victim is trapped down and injected. First the subject feels a growing numbness in his fingers; a paralysis which soon reaches his arms and legs. The man loses control; his arms and leags becomes lead. His chest sinks into numbness. hten, his diaphragm stops pumping air. He can't breathe and the horror of suffocation grips his mind. Which is too damn bad. The doctors couldn't care less.
"Usually two or three treatments straighten out these sociopaths beautifully. Your assultive patients, you know, and that sort of thing" - Dr. Martin Reimringer, Atascadero State Hospital.
Do the inmates give consent for the treatment? Dr. Reimringer: "Our patinets are court committed. So we really don't need consent"."

Do I need to tell that these experiments quite quickly went out of control?
Inmates became injected with Anectine as a punishment for as little things as displeasing a prison guard. There are deaths recorded that can be directly linked to the use of Anectine.
There were other drugs used widely as well, such as Prolixin; a heavy tranquillizer that give severe, irreversible side effects. This drug was also used arbitrarily, sometimes because inmates did not "respond" to group therapy in the desired way.
On page 90-91, the book tells how the manufacturer, E. R. Squibb (now Bristol-Myers Squibb company) describes the drug's side effects:

"[Priloxin is] a highly potent behaviour modifier with markedly extended duaration of effect."
[...]
"...a persistent pseudoparkinsonian (palsy-like) syndrome may develop...characterized by rythmic, stereotyped dyskinetic movements...resembling the facial grimaces of encephalitis... The symptoms persist after drug withdrawal, and in some patients appear to be irreversible"."

The book also talks of Project START (Special Treatment and Rehabilitative Training) at the Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, Missouri.
It was conducted by LEAA (Law Enforcement Assistance Administration) under the Department of Justice, launched under the 1968 Safe Streets Act.

START is described in the book as a "prototype for a mind-murdering programs in all federal prisons".
It was a system of reward and punishment. As long as the prisoner behaved according to the likes of the staff, he would get better treatment, if not, he would be severly punished. This is known as "positive and negative reinforcers".
Now, this might sound all good but in reality the punishments were not on a sane level.

The START subject, or victim, would be placed under solitary confinement, allowed to shower twice a week only. Exercise was limited to once a week. This would go on for 20 days or so, if his behavior was "good". Otherwise, the initial period would continue.
The prisoner was expected to remain calm, have a "neat and clear apperance" and "follow directions and instructions willingly without bickering".
Not very hard to imagine this quickly went out of control. Numerous simple social experiments have shown, well prior to START that power over other human beings, no where near this level control, soon goes horribly wrong.
Besides, a fool understands that you cannot force a man to change. Change must come from inside. This kind of treatment is nothing but sadistic. Someone is just living out his fantasies of being a medieval dunegon keeper...

The inmates soon revolted and begun a hunger strike and filed a class-action law suit. This was not seen by the prison staff as acceptable behaviour so the involved inmates were severly punished.
This is mentioned in a memorandum (quoted on page 99):

"The managerial staff, in response to petitioner's complaints, stripped petitioners of their clothing and shackled them to their beds for one day. Neither petitioner ever recieved a disciplinary report or charge. In spite of the shackling and in spite of their placement in a specially constructed strip cell whose lighting, heat and ventilation and bedding were markedly inferior to the already inadequate solitary cell furnishings within Unit 10-D, the men refused to be broken, (i.e. they refused to withdraw their suit)."

A senate investigation was launched into START in 1974 and it was soon discontinued, but as the book says in all capital letters (for me, bold letters will suffice for the sake of the manners):

...not a single government behavioral mod had been cancelled by the time the committee made its report.

Like always with the MK programs, they just replace the name. This time the new label was: Center for the Study and Reduction of Violence (later: Labratory for the Study of Life-Threatening Behavior").

(continued below)

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Raud]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
(relating to the above post)

On page 102, there is a excrept from Psychology Today (April, 1970, p-74) by an experimental psychologist (unnamed)

"We can combine sensory deprivation with drugs, hypnosis and astute manipulation of reward and punishment to gain almost absolute control over an individual's behaviour. I forsee the day when we could convert the worst criminal into a decent, respectable citizen in a matter of afew months - or perhaps even less time than that. The danger is, of course, that we could also do the opposite: we could change any decent respectable citizen into a criminal.

START and all its successors became huge fiascos.
The before mentioned senate investigation into LEAA revealed no less than 400 or more "mind-murdering" projects. The costs of those in tax dollars are unknown.
The number of "successful" rehabilitations were low.
The Patuxent Institution in Maryland, the "Model rehabilitaive prison" where Edward Lee McNeil became "cured" after serving eight years (six in solitary confinement) of his five year sentence, only managed to "rehabilitate" 97 out of 2297 inmates over the course of sixteen years (and after using $40 million).

Mentioned should also be a Dr. Martin Groder who seemed very well educated in the brainwashing techniques performed by the Chinese and North Koreans. At the federal prison in Marion, Illinois, he combined these techniques with Skinnerian theories, drugs, electric chock treatments and psychosurgery to an extent that the prisoners called it "a psychogenocide program".
I think it is important that we remeber the name Dr. Marin Groder just as we must not forget Gottleib or Cameron.
These are all extremely evil men...protected by a corrupt state...

---------------------------

SEED, a Florida based drug treatment program, mainly targeting youth and young adults, used of behaviour modification a at level that it can only be described as "brainwashing".
As the book says, "the cure is as bad as the disease!".

You can read a personal testimony from a former "SEEDling" here.

Here follows a quote by a Florida guidance counselor, talking about his reactions to meeting students returning from SEED treatment (taken from the book, page 93):

"When they return, they are 'straight,' namely, quiet, well-dressed, short hair, and not under the influence of drugs compared to their previous appearance of being stoned most of the time. However, they are different in another respect. They act like mindless robots. They have no emothion. They won't pseak to anyone outside their own group. They sit in a class together, so that the classes become devided of SEEDlings and opposing non-SEEDlings."

You bet people of TPTB are having wet dreams about sending every each one of us into a SEED camp. Or maybe even turning the entire world into one big SEED facility...maybe they have come quite far already?
Thoughts on that, people?

The last section I found to be of interest was the one covering electronic brainwashing.
This part is kind of funny (in a morbid way) conserning how out of date the information is.
The part covering "external devices" (mostly crude radio tracking and postitioning transmitters) are not worthy to mention here but the "internal devices" might be something different.

An inventor, hard to pin down online R. S. Mackay came up with a device called "endoradiosondes". This must have been the embryo of the much talked about RFID-chip. The difference, however, is that besides locationg and tracking the implant (and subject) the endoradiosonde monitors about everything that goes on in the body such as blood preassure, heart rate, body temperature, etc.
But the true purpose is of course to remote control a human being.
By using electric current, the device and induce fear, anxiety, memory-loss, disorientation and also knock the subject out (possibly kill?).

With the insanely fast advance in medical science today, we have no reason to think otherwise than that this kind of technology is being refined in extremo.
Nano-technology is already a fact.
Remeber that the above is written more than 30 years ago...
To what lenghts have we come now?
I fear for the well being of all mankind...

----------------------------------

This concludes my report on "Behavior Modification - The Art of Mind Murdering" by Richard Camellion.
Mostly an interesting read by all means, even though he drifts away on more than one occasion (in the chapter about North Korean brainwashing there seems to be no end to his anechdotes from that time, almost like he was there himself).
It is written with passion and the authors research is solid.
The book shows the many aspects of the MK topics and is a recommended read on the subject.

[edit for typos...probably a lot of them left in there...sorry...]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Raud]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join