It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Created God? This is the Ultimate Question.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Jesus had to die - if He would have revealed Himself they would not have crucified Him.

He actually took responsibility for His own creation that turned out to be such screw ups. He died so you wouldn't have to.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Jesus had to die - if He would have revealed Himself they would not have crucified Him.

He actually took responsibility for His own creation that turned out to be such screw ups. He died so you wouldn't have to.

Where did he go from there then? If Jesus was God Incarnate, and Jesus died....where is Jesus/God? Does he even still exist?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I can visualize something going on forever. It's the "always having been" that makes my head explode! The fact that we, as piles of atoms, can conceptualize the idea of God is good enough for me.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tsi1991awd

Yes he still exists - always has - always will

He went to prepare a place for us and...

He is sitting at the right hand of His Father - who also always was - and always will be.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
God is uncreated imo. It exists by necessity.
To me God and existence are the same thing.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsi1991awd

Where did he go from there then? If Jesus was God Incarnate, and Jesus died....where is Jesus/God? Does he even still exist?

That's scary. Like in that movie Dogma, when they can't find God in Heaven.

But just because a human body (Jesus) can die doesn't mean the spirit does too, so God could have just gone back to... wherever he was from. Besides Jesus ascended to Heaven afterwards, did He not?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Yes he still exists - always has - always will

He went to prepare a place for us and...

He is sitting at the right hand of His Father - who also always was - and always will be.

But if Jesus IS God, then how would Jesus be his son and God his father? When Jesus is only a human form of God?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Before His final ascension, He showed Himself to over 500 people.

He walked through walls and also ate dinner with His disciples.

I can't explain Him fully.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Another thought exercise I challenge you to is to imagine non-existence.

The dead perceive nothing. Can you?

Can there be a cause to non-existence? I am defining non-existence as the absence of all things, be it the tiniest shred of space.

God -is- existence. How can there be a before to existence? Non-existence isn't even a precursor to existence because nothing comes from non-existence.

So, even if the question isn't about God, my deity - what causes existence? Nothing causes existence because nothing cannot exist!

Existence must be and we have proof because it is.

God's essence is existence. We, in our life, perceive this. When we die, we perceive nothing. How is this possible!

Death is separation from God. Death is separation from existence.

But non-existence cannot exist! Neither can the dead.

Existence is life. Life is. God is existence. God is life.

We can take the deity's name of God away and simply say that Existence is Life. But the truth remains the same.

I refer to God as my God out of respect now that I understand the truth of His deity. We take the term for granted and just see an invisible guy...

But how narrow of an imagination must one have to hold on to such an image?

But what do I know?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The video starts with a very common fallacy called false dilemma. His reasoning why space-time can not be infinite also makes no sense.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

You are using existence as synonym for god to prove a god exists. But defining "god" as "that what is" doesn't give us any additional insight. It tells us nothing about the nature of god. Is it conscious, is it intelligent, does it have a will, that sort of questions, let alone any of the claims of the earths religions.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

To bad you didn't read my post "Genesis chapter one explained with a bit of pseudoscience"

If you dont understand why there must be a intelligent mind within the infinite. You have not understood what the infinite is.

Infinity is a constant that will never change, unless someone changes it.

Infinity is a constant because it is infinitely big and infinitely small at the same time. Therefor it won't move or change without a will to do so. This is where the intelligent mind "God" comes into the picture.

God is just a name, don't get caught up in the name. Try to understand what the name represent. You know that God is not a invisible man, because your common sense and knowledge tells you so. Problem one solved.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Can I just say that sort of question is a good one...but as NO ONE can answer with any accuracy at all...dont worry or waste time pondering or even seeking to find THE answer.

I have a 'list' for questions for after I die and see God face to face...
Truthfully !!!I do...LOL

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
i guess that planetary rotation including its moon gravity well could be called a fingerprint of god ,

but in all likely hood, god if we call it that was an entity / a humming vibration / something that was in a singularity? state , meaning what ever it was it was very alone within its reality.

but as we can precive a multitude of forms and shapes i guess its safe to say that we are not alone, so god is "dead" and we live on the carcass of the multitude of variations it "wished" / could have to been, dare i even say gods god/maker.

but as for the OP math variation to be called a fingerprint as fact,
the same variation must be found else where out side our solar system.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Im with Casandra on this one, maybe God always has existed, however, we cannot get our heads around this, there are mysteries in this universe WAY to big for us to understand, i think we must accept this, that God doesnt follow the rules. by the way, Jesus was the son of God, so am I so are you and so is the b*****d who made the OP website unsafe.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

If that's the ultimate question, then the ultimate answer is : we did.

Humans created "God" or whatever supreme being people choose to believe in because they want (need) something to believe in, something to explain all the unexplainable things, something to explain the beauty and seeming non-randomness of nature, etc.

There is absolutely no real evidence of any supreme being - fictional manuscripts hundreds or thousands of years old are by no means a reliable way to justify the existence of a supreme being or beings.

"God/s" were created back when people were isolated groups of scared, primitive tribes. They didn't know that the rumbling of the skies and terrifying flashes of light were based on positive and negative charges. They didn't know that the shaking earth was due to pressures building up between massive tectonic plates, etc.

God was merely something to help people get through a very early stage of human development. The mere fact that we personify our Gods in human form says something to that effect.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

One question.

How can something that lacks matter, time and/or space affect matter, time or space? Only through shared context can two "things" interact. If two "things" do not share context - meaning that they don't exist in a relational sense with one another - then what is it that allows them the capacity to interact?

Oh, and you can't use stuff written by guys who didn't understand the thermodynamic properties of a Bic lighter as authoritative text in your explanation.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsi1991awd

It also goes on to say God was not created, he just was. This is because he isn't made up of anything at all. He isn't made up of matter. You can't see, touch or smell him. He just is.

This is where it gets me though. I don't understand HOW he could just "be"...how he just "is", and how he just created everything when he isn't something made of matter. It is similar to saying he is imaginitive (well not technically imaginitive, but you know what I am saying)

Human beings can insist on literally anything they can conceive, but that insistence doesn't really affect anything beyond the skin that wraps their skulls. You nailed it when you said "It's similar to saying he is imaginitive." The non-physical deity is a human construct. It's a deliberate decision to end the argument concerning the nature of reality.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Personally I think this user should be banned from ATS. The link is clearly unsafe and this person has to know it. At the very least I'm blocking them out.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The answer is:

Man created God at his own image.

The Bible tells the exact opposite. Just in any lie, it doesn't simply deny the fact, it reverts them, and tries to make you believe in it.

Who exactly? Why does it matter? Just like asking who exactly discovered fire. This is rather a mundane question. Humanity has its way of creating things through collective historic development, rather than one-shot creations (that usually don't last very long).

"God" comes from the root German/Hun word "Goth" that dates back to Ancient Roman times. So does the French "Dieu" and the Greek word "Zeus" and Latin "Dio". Zeus was far from being a typical Christian deity... God is a result of a long historical development that has more to do with the imaginary and linguistics than spirituality and theology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join