It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MCSO Busts Cockfighting Ring; Nearly 70 Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

MCSO Busts Cockfighting Ring; Nearly 70 Arrested

www.myfoxphoenix.com

Ariz. - An illegal cockfighting ring was busted in the west valley and Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is not taking this animal cruelty lightly.

The fights were held in Tonopah, near 385th Avenue and Southern over the weekend. Nearly 70 people were arrested, including 20 suspected illegal aliens.

The two property owners, Apolinar Dominguez and Sara Lomas, are facing several felony charges. MCSO says both suspects are illegal immigrants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Sad. Here these gents only wanted to come to the US for a better life for themselves and their familys and they got drafted into running a cockfighting ring.

At least they were able to spend quality with their children.

Next to Bogota, Phoenix is the world leader in kidnapping. Now, illegals running cockfighting rings.

We need to wake up. This is one of the largest cities in the US and it is being turned into a 3rd world hell hole

www.myfoxphoenix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Here these gents only wanted to come to the US for a better life for themselves and their familys and they got drafted into running a cockfighting ring.

At least they were able to spend quality with their children.

lmao, ur sarcasm was funny

a perfect example of why illegals should not be here
and a perfect example of WHEN an officer can ask
for ur birth certificate without profiling. Illegals
were committing illegal activities AGAIN !!!!

where are the Los Angeles Council and the San Diego
Council now??? Their loud voice turned into a cricket
chirp after this event.

Go Arizona !!!!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The roosters would have blades tied to their feet so they could mortally wound the other rooster during a fight. More than 50 roosters had to be euthanized.

That is disgusting. I hope they get hit with the maximum sentence if convicted, as I'm sure they won't get deported. This is what they come here for, to dish out some barbaric form of torture on animals !

Some of the people in attendance at the cockfight even had their children with them.

The Sheriff's office also says guns, drugs, and $25,000 in cash were found at the property.

What kind of low life brings their children into a dangerous situation like that ?!

Edit for link....

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

[edit on 5/18/2010 by chise61]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Let us not forget that animals were being abused and killed for sport. I witnessed a cock fight when I was very young and it was exciting and brutal. I did not want to be part of it.
I am glad that people got arrested not to mention bringing into the light the Illegal immigration problem.
If big bad Sheriff Joe had a soft spot, it would be for the animals.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The roosters would have blades tied to their feet so they could mortally wound the other rooster during a fight. More than 50 roosters had to be euthanized.

Now thats a pay per view fight right there. Forget Money vs Pacman, I wanna see razored up cocks fighting for my $50.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
We're talking about chickens, right?

If they were thrown in the dumpster would be one thing, to butcher them and eat them would be another story.

Somehow, I don't think thats the case. Apart from the razor blades attached to their feet, there is nothing abnormal about roosters fighting. It is messed up though to make the effort to attach razor blades. That means premeditation. They will only get hammered down if they made money off of it. Mark my words.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Apart from the razor blades attached to their feet, there is nothing abnormal about roosters fighting.

You are quite right, it is not abnormal for roosters to fight over such things as territory, etc.

It is however abnormal for human beings to teach them to fight for no reason at all. It is also abnormal for humans to place them in an enclosed area and force them to fight to the death (or until they are mortally wounded) as a sport and a money maker.

new topics

top topics

join