It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transforming Owl (Very Cool)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I 100% agree. I think CAT is more on target than tree branch. Owls are such a unique bird.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
LOL, Uh somehow I think the theory about trying to look like a dead branch is completely WRONG. That thing looked 100 percent like an intimidation tactic, and it certainly would have worked on me. That thing didn't even look like an owl after it morphed itself. Even the muscles around the eyes completely contorted and transformed. It did actually look more like a cat than a bird in the end.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They are adorable and I want to kiss them on top of the head, and smooch them between the eyes. ♥

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
They are adorable and I want to kiss them on top of the head, and smooch them between the eyes. ♥

That's cute, but he would probably bite you. But then again, that's part of his charm, right?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Should it be a branch? It look more like batman :S

But nice owl. I want one

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It is definitely trying to be a branch! I'm an ornothologist and went on a trip to the Gambia in west Africa. Whilst we were there we looked for the White faced scops owl in a tree that it was known to roost in and could not see it. We paid one of the local guides to show us the bird, he took us back to the same tree and pointedit out to us! The owl was doing the same pose as it was in the end of this video it was amazing just how well camoflaged it was against the main tree trunk.

The European scops owl is well known for doing this aswell and they nearly alwas sit close to the trunk and straighten out like this for camo, here Is a link to a pic of a scops owl doing this. www.kazakhstanbirdtours.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
With the picture you just provided i must say that the video is not fair to the owl. Its a pretty nice camo.

If you know; will it always try to keep the side to the threat? Because that will cause it to move at some point, and not just the head? Which will be easier to spot than a not moving owl?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
F*CKING INCREDIBLE!
WOW!

I just realized how much more trippy birds in general are.
Nice video! 1 uPs!

S&F!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That was probably the best Triple-Changer transformer I've ever seen. Much better than Blitzwing.

In all seriousness, that is a truly remarkable bird. I'm going to read up on it on Wikipedia and find out if I can see one at a local aviary somewhere. I really want to see one of these in person. Amazing.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
O_O!!!! INCREDIBLE

I just looked at my sister and put my hands over my head and bent over backwards she was scared because I WAS A TRANSFORMER

lol at title.

transforming owl.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
50 years of serious nature study and there is always a new suprise in store. I had never considered mimic camouflage to be used by any raptors though prey birds display it though not through action, but only through coloration and counter-shading.
Truly remarkable footage though it's interesting to me how many responses were about humor or owls being scary. What is it, the big eyes?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Wow that was pretty awesome hahahaha thanks!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

No, it was not scarey but the huge eyes, with a hostile predator look, intense, there was intense energy at that moment, then the magicicans trick of transforming. He looked just as intimidating/aggressive then as well.

The barn owl had a completely different kind of depth to his eyes. Preferred his feel better.

Owls are really fascinating and beautiful, though there was something very reptilian and aggressive in what I just saw.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I stumbled upon one of these a few years ago. It was remarkably beautiful, but what a fright it was. It was on a low tree limb, pulling the cat-like face (eyes narrow and body flattened). At the time, I had no idea why it was adopting such a strange posture, and was unable to tell it was even an owl until it returned to normal form--it looks even more bizarre when you unexpectedly see it in real life.

A local who was walking with me told me not to look directly at it when it was changing posture, that to do so would be an omen of bad luck. I didn't have any trouble believing him.

[edit on 19/5/10 by paperplanes]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
lol Darth Vader owl!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah, Owls are awesome!

Hoooooo! Smith Furniture, that's who!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Great find! Barn owls are very otherworldly... I don't want to derail your thread, but these guy's are must sees as well: the birds of paradise

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Owls are adorable.

Japanese TV is weird.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

That's a great video! Thanks for posting it. Strange little creatures......

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
hot dang that was a jawdropper

thats amazing!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join