It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Sighting ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Was that the space station that just passed over Oklahoma ?

It was trvelling from the northwest to the southeast ., 9:25 my time .

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

umm, no. because if even if it was, you wouldn't see it. the ISS is in a higher orbit than the Low Earth orbit than the sattelites you see at night. the ones you see are at a height of about 125 mi. the ISS is at >225 miles. you woul not see it.

hope that helps!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by okbmd

umm, no. because if even if it was, you wouldn't see it. the ISS is in a higher orbit than the Low Earth orbit than the sattelites you see at night. the ones you see are at a height of about 125 mi. the ISS is at >225 miles. you woul not see it.

hope that helps!

Actually, next to Iridium flares, ISS is the brightest satellite you can see. ISS did make a pass over north america this evening just before 9pm eastern time and again at about 10:20pm eastern. It would have been visible from Oregon to some extent, but it would have still been quite bright outside. Even so, ISS is now visible in broad daylight if you know where to look, focus your eye to infinity on command, and it's far enough away from the sun.

*Agh, Oklahoma, not Oregon, that explains it. Yeah, it was a great view from Oklahoma. We didn't get to see hardly anything from here in Florida tonight; our best chance to see it comes tomorrow night and I plan to be ready for it.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks gel , it would seem that it was indeed the ISS , as the time , approach and departure , and degrees all match perfectly with what I saw .

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks gel , it would seem that it was indeed the ISS , as the time , approach and departure , and degrees all match perfectly with what I saw .

Just to furter back up I have seen the ISS in Australia a few yeras ago going from west to east approx seventy degrees early in the Aussie evening.
East coast of Australia it was very bright and moving brisk.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Yes , I agree , as I've seen it several times before .

I just didn't feel it was worth arguing about with the poster who said it wouldn't be visible .

top topics

join