It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simon Cowell to get Knighthood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Music mogul Simon Cowell will reportedly be honored with knighthood by Britain's Queen Elizabeth next month.

Source

ContactMusic.com

According to sources, former prime minister Gordon Brown had recommended Cowell for his charity work, in particular his efforts with the chart-topping single 'Everybody Hurts', which raised money to help victims of the Haiti earthquake, reports contactmusic.com.

'Gordon Brown was very keen for Simon to get proper recognition for his work,' said a source.

'He was particularly impressed by the way Simon responded to his suggestion to release the record for Haiti by dropping everything to ensure it was a success.

I will be the first to admit that I am not educated in the practices of knighthood. However, as an American, the closest comparison is the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. It seems that entertainers get a star much in the same respect as the Brit's get knighted. Except ours don't get called Sir. Usually they're referred to as legends. Either way, good for him!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Good for him! interesting, and it seems like knighthood is pretty much given to those who make a difference, or are famous.

btw, are you sure that this is in the right forum, i think it should be on BTS maybe.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Well they don't have a "Royalty and People" forum, so I felt "Politicians and People" was as close as it was going to get. As far as BTS, if it is deemed worthy of so I have no qualms with that. Although the article did focus more on his humanitarian efforts more so than his entertainment achievements.

The Queen, not a politician, but, it seemed to fit the current forum. I for one was not aware that he was involved in so much humanitarian stuff. Like you said , good for him.

new topics

join