It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane video of hail storm in Oklahoma City May 16

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Man, that video is crazy. But it's true -- this is normal weather for our area this time of year.

I live in Oklahoma, OKC area. That hailstorm was intense -- the news station was hit by the hailstorm and the weatherman had to raise his voice to be heard because the noise from the hail hitting their building was so loud. He kept saying "STAY INSIDE!" I was thinking, "Who in their right mind would actually step outside in that?"

Right now, there is a bunch of severe weather popping up all over the state. Several tornadic storms, there is one or two headed my way. Oh joy.

This is the 5th "high" severe weather alert issued for Oklahoma this year. Which is unusual. OKC is included in the area that is most likely to see a violent long-track tornado this evening.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I live in Austin. Last year, either March or April, we got hit by a super cell with tennis ball sized hail. Came down like the beginning part of that video for about two minutes... Enough to total the roofs of 75,000 homes in the area (including ours, which he had to have totally replaced along with siding.) Thousands of cars had prices reduced as well. Was scary, like it was raining hammers for that two minutes... Cannot even imagine the fear factor if it ramped up to even close to what the peak of that video was... Nor the scope of damage in an area like this... There were triage tends set up for insurance claims around Austin for months after that storm.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join