It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane video of hail storm in Oklahoma City May 16

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Just look at the entire video, it just gets worse and worse by the SECONDS.

Anyone caught without cover under this seriously DIES.

This is insane...

Nature showing us once again how weak we are!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have been in quite a few hail storms in my life, but have never seen anything like this. It looked like the pool was boiling there, at one point.

I only hope that their cars were in the garage!

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That reminds me of that story they found a field where a lot of skeletons were found with cracked skulls.

Archeologists were clueless until they found out that hail storms could be this lethal.

Great video, I hope never to encounter hail like this.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That was indeed extremely insane!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Insane is the only word for this. I've seen some hail storms but they don't compare to that. What a wild ride!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling

Great Find !!!

[edit on 5/17/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My dad lived in South Dakota for a while, he said they used to get hail the size of golf balls and sometimes bigger. This video is insane though, hope they didn't have their cars parked outside!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That is over 4 minutes of baseball sized hail. And it looks like it kept going. I doubt even a garage would have protected some cars in this.

I can see this hail piercing garages and houses. That many 3in or higher diameter hail would definitely have the potential to be fatal to anyone outside in it.
According to weather.com that hail injured 21 people and damaged homes and cars. They called it softball sized. There is more video of the same storm here: Weather Channel Video

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here is another video from the Weather Channel. A small town in Colorado got over 20 minutes of 1 inch hail stacking up to 6 inches deep in places.

More Video

Some wild weather yesterday.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

That wasn't hail. A chopper gunner just decided to shoot into the pool. No story here...But seriously,

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Vitchilo.....

What an amazing video!

Thanks for posting that

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As a resident of Oklahoma I can tell you that, though extreme in the duration, hailstones that size aren't all that uncommon around here. The official measurements from that day were an average of 4 inch hail. About the size of a grape fruit. The really bad thing about this storm was that it hit OKC right around rush hour. Numerous people were injured in accidents caused by this storm. Of course, there was the obligatory tornado with this storm as well. I believe it was something like 24 touchdowns in the state that day.

So, don't get alarmed. This weather is fairly normal for the region.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

WOW just WOW those hail balls were causing higher splashes than an olympic diver!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I couldn't even believe it. It's actually scary at one point, and it's only a video! Anyone who was out in that and didn't get killed is very, very lucky.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Incredible video. S & F for OP.

I don't think they are going to have ANY problem submitting proof
of claim to their insurance company.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
omg I don't think a video has scared me this much

I was taken out by hail last summer...my whole back was welted but I am positive you would die in this

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Back in 1998 I was living in the state of Maryland we would get hail storms one summer afternoon while driving home from work we got hit Bad! I hid under a beltway overpass and just watched them come down, I read in the paper the next day that a local Toyota car dealership had to replace 38 windshield and write off like ten badly dented cars!

DOH!

[edit on 18-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Here’s another interesting hail storm event.....

In 1999, Sydney experienced a supercell that tracked up the coast & then caused more than $1 BILLION damage in a very short time

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef4ac6a89ec8.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86be52e9e3c0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7924910451d5.jpg[/atsimg]

AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY OFFICIAL REPORT:

www.bom.gov.au...

WIKI ARTICLE:

en.wikipedia.org...

STORMCHASER SITES:

australiasevereweather.com...

www.stormchasers.au.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I really feel bad for all those people that were injured. And I feel sick for saying this and always thinking it. You see, I have a very bad "fetish" for destructive weather. That video was freaking awesome to me, and honestly, I can't get enough of those type videos.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
I really feel bad for all those people that were injured. And I feel sick for saying this and always thinking it. You see, I have a very bad "fetish" for destructive weather. That video was freaking awesome to me, and honestly, I can't get enough of those type videos.

Ventian.....

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join