It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama political ad attacks other candidate for believing in Evolution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just wanted to share this with you ATS.

I don't really want to comment because...well...ugh...religious/political madness...not for me. Besides I don't know what to add anyway, the vid kinda speaks for itself.

It probably belongs on belowtopsecret - but unfortunately it's not a joke.

More commentary here:

Alabama GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Attacked For Lack Of Jesusness

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This isn't madness!

This is comedy gold!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So, the ad states that he believes in parts of the bible.

This is what, the new type of religion? Well I believe in God but only when God agrees with me.

What I like more was that the ad states he voted for every tax that came across the desk.

Gotta love TAXES. You do know that taxes creates prosperity right?

Taxes are also in the Bible, right?

Render unto Caesar and all.

Pffft. Trying to denigrate a candidate by their wishy washy religious views is perfectly fine in my opinion.

You either are a religious person or not. Make a choice and stick by it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think the thing to take away from this is that it goes to show that you HAVE to buy into the ENTIRE ideology of one side or the other or both will ostracize you and cast you as an outsider/traitor/bad American, etc.

If you believe this...you're a liberal. If you believe that...you're a conservative.

It's impossible nowadays to believe this and that. Political Madness indeed.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread running around on ATS that had some strong evidence of Alien genes making up our genome. Especially the genes that code for RH antigen. So maybe there is weight to the creationist theory, just don't heavily rule it out as out there.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Well, if you live in Alabama we know who you're NOT going to vote for now.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

The article title hit the nail with what this ad is, an attack for 'lack of jesusness.' However, it's pretty lame when politicians switch parties...I can't remember who, maybe it was this guy...ran as a democrat in 2008, when it seemed the democrats were becoming less popular switched to a republican. I guess in America it's ok, it's just riding the gravy train as long as possible...pretty typical of a lot of people.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

No, Wisconsinite. Have my eyes and keyboard on several candidates. Helping a couple.

The Wisconsin Democrat machine I believe is really going to fall this year.

We have Senator Obey retiring. The only reason he is retiring is that his people did a study that found he had a very low chance of winning. Hell, I would say a Wisconsin winter in hell.
At least that is the rumor is going around here.

The Democrat Governor is retiring.

I wish I was not such a wild one when younger. I would be running for an office like that. Too many wild times for a national run. Still thinking of a state or local run this year though.

Heck, an 18 year old became Mayor of Rice Lake Wisconsin this year. I think I could out debate anyone I run against. ATS has been a real help in looking over all the political ramifications.

Well, since I can only vote in my Republic, I am not really paying attention to other Republics.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'll say as a one-time resident of Wisconsin, I'm quite glad that Madison, La Crosse and Milwaukee are there to keep some sense of sanity in that state. It's a really amazingly nice place to live, and one of my favorite states, which makes me glad the population curves keep things from getting too crazy one way or the other there. I'm sure I'll catch hell for that statement from you endisnighe, but well I probably would if I said anything positive about government anyways, so say what you will. I really do miss Milwaukee sometimes, I've still got a lot of friends there.

Go Badgers & Golden Eagles!

As for the original post, America, this is why the rest of the world looks at you funny. Seriously I am not just saying that because I'm from the nation of Charles Darwin but because wow, is that man insane? In Europe, being a creationist is seen as being as laughable as believing in unicorns.

I just do not understand why so many people in your nation cling to this preposterous theory, even the Catholic Church and Church of England let it go. It's time to give up the ghost already and realize that it is fully possible to be a Christian without believing that the planet is 6,000 years old. Do you guys really think Jona lived in a whale? Because to be a complete biblical literalist you would.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Time is relative. I think a kinda smart guy said that. I cannot remember who, he came up with some kind of formula, oh yeah. E=MC squared or some such religious thing.

As for us crazy red neck northerner Wisconsinites, I think a few of us would have to say we built the fastest and best computers ever created.

Cray Research ever cross your information?

And some of us northern deer hunting, beer swilling, cow chip flying people, have gone to some of the best colleges in the world. I seem to remember going to a pretty good college in the name of SLU. Not to mention UW something. I do not want to mention which one.

Anyway, no more off topic from me. Just wanted to reiterate, that if commercials are enough to sway a voter without further investigation, that would be indicative of the public education system would it not?

Anyway, people may be surprised on the amount that the right wing, gun toting, god fearing, liberty loving, tax hating, federal government constricting people get elected this fall.

Just a small prediction by the endisnighe. The endisnighe of tyrants.

Oh yeah, GO PACKERS!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Anyway, no more off topic from me. Just wanted to reiterate, that if commercials are enough to sway a voter without further investigation, that would be indicative of the public education system would it not?

I wouldn't say that it would be fair to lay this problem squarely on the feet of public schools. While I would completely agree that the American public school system needs a major overhaul (I was just reading an absolutely tragic article yesterday about the system in Detroit,) I don't think that taking that limited a view of it will solve the problem.

I think this is something sadly becoming endemic to the culture in the United States. At the risk of sounding grandiose, I think that the spirit of progress and discovery that was created in the space race and before has largely left your country. With it has gone ideas of deeper meaning, digging for truth and seeking to be well informed. This website is one of the bastions of people still looking for and debating new ideas.

It's got to become cool to be informed, less "Jersey Shore" to be sure. I have absolutely no idea where to start with making that shift for the public, but I think it must be done. The apathy and intellectual laziness may not kill the United States this generation, but eventually, a country that does not think cannot survive.

Edit: I went to a Packers game at Lambeau Field once, a friend of mine's family had tickets. While I am not the biggest American Rules Football fan, it was really cool to be there and see it all in person, and the people were some of the friendliest I've ever seen at a sports game.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

new topics

top topics

join