It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO:Napolitano Admits She Hasn't Read Arizona Law But Says She Wouldn't Sign It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

VIDEO:Napolitano Admits She Hasn't Read Arizona Law But Says She Wouldn't Sign It

www.realclearpol itics.com

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano admits she hasn't read the Arizona immigration law, but passed judgment on it anyway. "That's not the kind of law I would have signed," she declared. "I believe it's a bad law enforcement law. I believe it mandates and requires local enforcement and puts them in a position many do not want to be placed in," Napolitano said. "When I was dealing with laws of that ilk, most of the law enforcement agencies in Arizona at that time were opposed to such l
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Holder hasn't read Arizona law he criticized!!! (the US Atty Gen)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
How can the Secretary of Homeland Security say that she hasn't read the Arizona law by now? I love how every American politician seems to have an opinion on the law, but at least 2 that should know the law have not read it (Holder and now Napolitano).

Her view of the law is based on the opinion of others, evidently. Shouldn't she be embarassed that she hasn't read the law yet and is still giving an opinion on it?

www.realclearpol itics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is not new. This is how government leadership operates now. All decisions are made based upon hearsay, speculation, polls, party lines, and campaign contributions. There is no need to read, understand and debate the merits of legislation.

Bunch of spineless jackals.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The enaction of this law in Arizona doesn't fit in with the Obama agenda. They are set to push amnesty across the board. So any State asserting their rights under the constitution will come under fire.
Funny thing about the arizona law is that it differs very little from the federal law,it's constitutional and arizona's law supposedly isn't?
What a bunch of dimwhitts we have in Washington.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Well this lady wouldn't know if it fits in with Obama's agenda since she hasn't read it herself. I guess party lines are more important than a politician's own opinion so it's okay for a behind the scenes intern to read the law and tell the rest of the party what he thinks and...voila! Everyone knows their opinion!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
These are the people running things in our country. No wonder everyone else hates us. We need to dump all politicians and start over from the very beginning.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am not sure I am following.

She said she would not sign a bill she has not read, right?

That is a problem, why? You want her to say she would sign a bill she has not read?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Is it not her business to know what laws are being passed, even on a state by state level, that have to do with her department at the federal level?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Oooohhh I see what you did there. Funny.

This is common practice unfortunately. It's all about those talking points. Get Republicans mad at Liberals, get Liberals mad at Republicans, get aliens mad at citizens born here, get citizens mad at aliens... If you're not arguing with each other, they didn't do their job.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

That is a problem, why? You want her to say she would sign a bill she has not read?

The problem is he is passing judgment on a law that he never saw. Yet he is very vocal in the opposition of it. When he himself was the Governor of Arizona, he had asked for help many times from the administration in charge. Now when he is in a position that allows for the borders to be strengthened, he is taking opposite measures to make sure the border remains as porous as possible and LE's are not able to enforce any laws.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Basically what she is saying is, she would not sign the law even if she
had read it. She has her mind made up by listening to other people, or has
just made up her mind, period. She doesn't care what the law says, she
is just so sure she would be against it. Pretty obvious. She is also one
who needs to find another job. This is the type of idiots that are running
this country.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

The problem is he is passing judgment on a law that he never saw. Yet he is very vocal in the opposition of it. When he himself was the Governor of Arizona, he had asked for help many times from the administration in charge. Now when he is in a position that allows for the borders to be strengthened, he is taking opposite measures to make sure the border remains as porous as possible and LE's are not able to enforce any laws.

Who is this HE you are referring to? Don't you know that Napolitano is
a SHE? Just wondering !!

This is an added on statement.

Maybe you are referring to Judge Andrew Napolitano who is a speaker
on Fox news occasionally. In that case, he indeed is a he.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by endtimer]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Oh he is a she.

I get confused sometimes, I could've have sworn it was a ....ah well dually noted. Point still stands.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Oh he is a she.

I get confused sometimes, I could've have sworn it was a ....ah well dually noted. Point still stands.

No, she is a she and he is a he.
I don't think she/he/it is both.
I don't think. hmmmm

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Oh he is a she.

Its really getting old.

You referring to Napolitano as a HE.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How can anybody really be surprised about lawmakers not reading any bill or law? It was very apparent that during the HC bill, that lawmakers were not reading the laws that they were voting on, or only doing partial research on such. I find it really interesting the very people who are suppose to uphold and enforce the laws of the United States of America, have not read or a clue about what is really written in them, or in the different states.
The other interesting thing, is that when Napolitano lived and was a politician in Arizona, she wanted tighter board control and help with the flow of illegale immigrants, and now that she is in DC, she has done a full 180 on the entire issue.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

She cites how the officers would feel enforcing such a law (which of course she did not read). That is her main opposition to the law (which she did not read).

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I really hate this administration.
They give me no reason to not hate them.
They are all a bunch of lying, greedy, no good, TRASH.
ALL OF THEM.

Im getting really tired of all the BS.'

I hope this woman falls in a crack somewhere.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

...perhaps a crack in the border

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh he is a she.

Your probably thinking of the Judge that is on Fox. Judge Napolitano (Andrew - a he)
But nope, this thread is about the idiot that is in charge of Homeland Security.

[edit on May 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join