It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Czar Wants Mandatory Government Propaganda On Political Websites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If the country really ever got this bad I say crash the system. I seriously thought that lawyers were all about the "rights" of the people. Apparently not. Obama disregard s the nation as a whole and this guy disregard s freedom of speech. Why are all these crazy people coming out of harvard?

What I mean by crash the system is if this country ever got that bad with big government and all this crap stop paying taxes. The majority would certainly have to stop, but that would send a big message to big government and the army would obviously be placed all over, but if we had enough balls collectively as a nation to do that just as michelle obama once said it would be the first time I was truly proud of this nation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There are plenty of people regulating now, Why do they need to get involved, when there is plenty of people who do it for free. So would they now be considered pioneers in big brother propaganda, or Propagandist before it was cool?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Wow. I never heard he was actually thinking of a Department of Truthfulness. So when I saw you post I said to myself, "Shutup... yeah right." Not because I love Obama, but because that would be a bold step into a 1984 style government.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
They want to put up opposing views to conspiracy theories so that people get both/all sides of the story. I'd bet a free pass out of FEMA camps that they won't put the conspiracy theory side into the mainstream websites so that the masses get both/all sides of the story. I really don't think that if this happens that I will be able to log onto a MSM site and see any alternative discussion to mainstream news stories.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I tried to warn you...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Then, on being questioned she appeared to support Hollywood's position that any net neutrality laws won't apply to mandating content filters on ISPs. It's looking like -- just as was initially feared -- this position is really to get Hollywood's own representative in the White House.

www.techdirt.com...

I wonder what effect this will have on the derivatives market that they are building around Hollywood movies? I'm sure it will favor corporate interests.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

You do know that all it takes to shut down the internet on a global scale is the flip of a switch right?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Novel
If the country really ever got this bad I say crash the system. I seriously thought that lawyers were all about the "rights" of the people. Apparently not. Obama disregard s the nation as a whole and this guy disregard s freedom of speech. Why are all these crazy people coming out of harvard?

What I mean by crash the system is if this country ever got that bad with big government and all this crap stop paying taxes. The majority would certainly have to stop, but that would send a big message to big government and the army would obviously be placed all over, but if we had enough balls collectively as a nation to do that just as michelle obama once said it would be the first time I was truly proud of this nation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

crash the system? I'd say how about a world wide reset? I kind of wish Nibiru was true so it can wipe us all out. Human experiment has failed.

By the way even before George Carlin died he stated our rights were taking away slowly.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I really could not have put it better. If you look at who they will link to is media sites like FOX and CNN and other mainline news networks. Only the top 30 is I am not mistaken.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

These people are a real agenda driven crew, but I for one, don’t believe England is trying to retake control of the United States Inc., I believe they in fact incorporated the United States Inc, back in 1782, when they named it in the Treaty of Paris that ended the revolutionary war, and always have been in control of the United States, Inc., they just like us to think we are in control of it.

LOL!
BTW, I placed the first statement in bold, not because of the statement that England wanted to take back the US, but to indicate that Obama and thugs are using every branch of government, INCLUDING the Supreme Court, to completely destroy the Constitution, after which their plan is full subjugation of all of its citizens.
They are a patient group. This plan started over 60 years ago, when they realized that the way to defeat the US was through internal, systematic destruction of the American way of life, slowly but steadily. Destroying the ability of people to freely communicate on the Internet is just one more way to control the people. That, of course, is a direct attack on the 1st Amendment.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

This is in fact the plan to submerge the notions of sovereignty and to march the nation towards and into a one world government, by way of the United Nations, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, World Court and the Club of Rome, all being orchestrated on this end by the CFR, the Council for Foreign Relations.

I would give them pretty good odds at succeeding too, except for the fact that they do have to contend with us rebel rousers!

I would like them to suffer a little while longer through our vagaries before accepting their surrender!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I would give them pretty good odds at succeeding too, except for the fact that they do have to contend with us rebel rousers!

Amen, my friend:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by maybereal11

Yeaah the real problem is the government trying to mandate ANYTHING having to do with news, ideas, opinion, information, or anything of the sort! It's WAY WAY WAY out of the scope of their powers. GET IT?

Sure, but you still seem to be confused.

This OP is Bullsh*t. Otherwise show me the law, proposed law or a call by any administration official to "mandate" "news, ideas or information"?

I think they made a case that there SHOULD be honesty and objectivity in reporting...but no call for laws or mandates.

And the idea that folks would freak out when someone says there SHOULD BE fact checking, objectivity, balanced views in journalism...speaks to how far ethics have eroded in Journalism...to a point where people get angry when someone even suggests honesty in reporting....JUST INSANE...PLEASE OH PLEASE FEED ME BS!!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Vinveezy]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This amazing proposal is virtually analogous to The Stamp Act which demanded that all printed documents, bills of laden, newspapers, titles bear an official Crown Stamp. These stamps had different prices. And not well known, but the one for broadsides and posters was onerous.

At the nearest crossroads there would be a tree. Sometimes called The Liberty Tree. Posters and notices would be posted to the tree at the crossroads. This may be why the flag of the first Republic was an evergreen silhouette on a red or white background.

It was the Stamp Act the started the first american revolution.

--------------

What follows is a dedication of a Liberty Tree in Rhode Island, Silas Downer "the forgotten patriot" in 1766 source

"We do therefore, in the name and behalf of all the true SONS of LIBERTY in America, Great Britain, Corsica, Ireland or wheresoever they are dispersed throughout the world, dedicate and solemnly devote this tree to be a TREE of LIBERTY

.----May all our councils and deliberations under its venerable branches be guided by wisdome, and directed to the support and maintenance of that liberty, which our forefathers sought out and found under trees and and in the wilderness.

---May it long flourish, and may the SONS of LIBERTY often repair hither, to confirm and strengthen each other.

---When they look towards the sacred ELM, may they be penetrated with a sense of duty to themselves, their country, and their posterity:

---And may they, like the house of David, grow stronger and stronger, while their enemies, like the house of Saul, grow weaker and weaker. AMEN

The Internet is the Liberty Tree

Seataka

[edit on 15-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As far as free speech, it is just not happening in mainstream media. Look at all the locks on information regarding Fukushima. Information is just beginning to seep out. What about our own problem at home with
the Nebraska nuclear plants? It was briefly reported in a small local paper. www.businessinsider.com...
Guess what? It disappeared.

What about that article about the Philly fellow who said the escalation in infant deaths there may be related to Fukushima. You know what? It disappeared. www.myfoxphilly.com...

Bush let that genie out of the bottle. The Bush machine created a program to filter all internet traffic looking for key words. These weren't programs just for foreigners - but primarily to spy on you and me. It is hard to turn off
the spigot. Do you want all these people checking on us to join the ranks of the unemployed? Along with the
groppers at the airport?

Frankly, I could share a site that allows you to view things worldwide. I started using it when the Bush Admin
squeezed all the real news out of the media, especially regarding Iraq. But I am actually afraid to post it. As I rely on it, and am terrified it will disappear, and I will be sitting in the electronic dark. All I can say is that information on sites is disappearing right and left. It is really great to have an overview that presents all sides.
I think the more data one has, hopefully a truer picture will emerge, and you will have a more meaningful opinion. As far as the US government, I can easily picture warehouses full of computer geeks targeting blogs, this and other forums. Primarily a huge waste of time.

If knowledge is power, the information appears to be on the way of becoming strip-mined. My advice. Just leave it all out there, with some possibly dangerous weirdos out there or not. Apparently FBI tracked people who were exercising their free speech, and were very disappointed that they couldn't prosecute anyone. So they monitored
people like you and me, who are just mainly trying to figure things out for themselves. The really dangerous people encrypt everything anyways, and have their own secret webpages within webpages. They are far more
sophisticated that we are. BTW, when I linked to the "no longer working" links I posted, WATCH OUT. My
computer protection program had to repel two attacks. Not kidding.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There are so many many reasons why a world government is a truly terrible idea. Does anyone think the guiding principles of a global government will be "liberty and justice for all"? The most obvious glaring flaw is common sense. The whole chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Another adage is: One rotten apple can spoil the whole barrel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join