It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Freedom, Sure. But No Questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Press Freedom, Sure. But No Questions.

www.cbsnews.com

There was some rich irony at the White House today -- President Obama signed the Press Freedom Act, and then promptly refused to take any questions.

The new law expands the State Department's annual human rights reports to include a description of press freedoms in each country. It seemed a good opportunity to showcase press freedom in this country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

How ironic? I created a thread about this a couple of days ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty much the new law allows for reports to be created on how freely the press operates internationally in different countries, I guess, so as to defend media worldwide.

Considering he hasn't taken questions from the media in months (probably because he doesn't want to be bombared with tough questions on the world), he had a great chance to show off some press freedom today and answer some questions from the press and enlighten the people a bit. But he obviously passed on that.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hey the Current White House is the most Transparent Administration to ever represent the USA. They are so transparent that no press is even needed to ask questions. Heck they even have their own White House Media channel which is already bypassing any direct conversation to the Media.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

What is with people? We are like on the same page.

OP, this is sooo funny.

My OP just made this morning-US Federal Government run media

I think everyone knows my position, the government is an honest and fair entity. Why should we have anyone have access to the government? Why should anyone ask any questions of government? I mean REALLY, what is the purpose of all these different sources of news? Would it not just be more EFFICIENT with a huge government run media? It is the best way to go! Think of it this way, the huge government is super efficient and excellently run, so why not just eliminate all these frivolous news organizations. Heck, everyone keeps calling it the MSM and everyone is just a shill for some other entity, right? And what is with these new citizen reporters? Who do they think THEY are? What is with all these people on the internet making their viewpoints known? Who do they think they are?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The new puppet doesn't like tough questions, especially the ones he has no answers for. He does like the pre screened ones though. Transparency!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rynocerous7
The new puppet doesn't like tough questions, especially the ones he has no answers for. He does like the pre screened ones though. Transparency!

His Teleprompter has all of the answers and more. There is a Picture in Picture mode on the Teleprompter with ESPN on 24/7. You know with NBA draft coming up and the playoffs, the Wana Be Basketball Player has to have his daily fills.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well he had a basket ball game to get to (he was playing today in case you weren't aware) so perhaps that explains his rush?

...Or maybe he was just avoiding all the tough questions, which you all know, he has no answers for.

No media= good for Obama. Answers he gives to media=bad for Obama. If you don't acknowledge a problem, it can't possibly exist. Obama has it down to a science.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Wish I could have had one those teleprompters in college! All the answers I could have needed at my fingertips and with the added benefit of watching a game or two during a boring lecture. I wish more people knew what a babbling idiot he is without his teleprompter, I'll never forget that one vid of him on the campaign trail where he didn't have it available and the adoring crowd was treated to a minutes long speech of incoherant nonsense. It would have made Bush proud!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rynocerous7

www.youtube.com...

Just saw that for the first time and had a good laugh.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The wonderful video of it all:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ironic indeed. Meanwhile a citizen activist blogger faces 8 years in jail for the horrible terrorist act of filming government employees on a public space. PINAC has the story. He was filming another activist handing out jury nullification leaflets and now is accused of assaulting the officers.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Wow that case is ridiculous.

This whole law kind of reminds me of the wikileaks case in which the journalists were killed by the Americans.

top topics

join