It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto woman sues Rogers (Telephone Company) after her affair is exposed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That's actually a sad story.

I tried finding some applicable laws for Ontario, but didn't have much luck.

I was wondering about a couple things....

How does marriage impact property in Ontario?

How did Rogers know to bundle the bill if the wife was using her maiden name?

When married, and your name is changed, isn't that a legal change? Would she be in any trouble for using her old name or is this still legal? (if when they married she didn't change her surname than nevermind)

All in all, really sad for the kids... gutted for the husband.... can't imagine how he felt when he just walked out and didn't say a word. That takes some will power in its own. Can't imagine what was going on in his head.

However, I'm going to go all christian on the wife and say she should pay for her adultery. And dragging her name through the mud while losing this court case would be the perfect ending IMO

If she was unhappy she could have filed for a divorce.

She didn't.

Deal with the consequences.

(would still like to know the laws... can any Canadian help us out here with some applicable laws? )

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

Hope this helps with property law:

www.divorceincanada.ca...

The Maiden name: She probably never changed it when she was married, and so her legal name is still her maiden name.

Why Rogers bundled it: She may have been the secondary name on the account, which the article failed to mention. That's the only way I could imagined Rogers did that. Or the husband wanted to bundle everything to get a discount price and said "bundle all wireless into the one bill as well."

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

haha , cool, that was one of the sites I found! Here is a bit that I almost copied and pasted into the last post that I thought might apply here:

Dividing your property in Ontario

The law says that a husband and wife share responsibility for child care, household management and earning income during their marriage. In the eyes of the law, a marriage is an equal partnership.

www.divorceincanada.ca...

In the eyes of the law, a marriage is an equal partnership.

Sounds damning to me but I did not know how that ties into a cell phone bill. Is that a property or a privacy issue? Would there be a difference in marriage?

If she was listed as the SECONDARY name on the account, then Rogers is not responsible. Because that would mean the Husband was the primary account holder and he's perfectly entitled to read the bill to his own account.

If that tid bit I quoted would apply, and it is by all definitions an "equal partnership" then her little maiden name trick would not work either as they would share the responsibility of his AND her bills.

I don't know... seems like we are missing JUST enough details in the story to be sure one way or another. Guess they'll just have to sort it out in court and the ATS Judicial Committee will rest for another day heh

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Somebody remind me why she should get money just because shes a cheating whore?

The phone company should get their legal fees paid by the wife, while IMO, the wife should get the Death Penalty.

No joke about the Death Penalty.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senz20

Rogers is a billion dollar company (owner of the Blue Jays and Buffalo Bills Toronto Series) that I have no sympathy for. They know how to, like every other good telephone company, cheat people out of their money very well.

If they end up losing $600 000 to this lady, they'd probably pass on the legal fees to their customers by adding $10 to the bills of millions of Canadians nation-wide.

She lost her job and her family. She's already dead.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Death penalty for adultery sounds radical to me for sure...

reply to post by Portugoal

To be fair, she didn't "lose" them. SHE made the decision to break up her home. No one else did but her.

Lost implies it was a game and someone won... she didn't lose anything, she gave it away out of her own free will.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ImaNutter]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Definition of Lost

^^Sounds like she lost them.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Definition of Lost

^^Sounds like she lost them.

lost schmost

It just sounds funny to me is all.

I mean... did she bet them in a game of poker? Did she tell kids and the hubbie to wait here for a second and they wandered off or something??? Are they lost in the mall? The woods? Are they going to be okay? Did someone send a search party?

I will admit to having no good reason for nit picking on your use of the word lost.

Have a good one and take care

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senz20
Somebody remind me why she should get money just because shes a cheating whore?

The phone company should get their legal fees paid by the wife, while IMO, the wife should get the Death Penalty.

No joke about the Death Penalty.

+1

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Whores always revolt when they are caught and try to blame someone else , it's just their nature

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join