It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast large translucent Orb/UFO over the Netherlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
WOW!!!

I was just walking with my dog and I saw it was a clear night. I went through some bushes to get on the road and as I did I started to look up hoping to see something and immediately I noticed this fairly large snow white translucent orb flying over my head at a height of approximately 30 to 50 Meters (100/160 foot). It was going as fast as a fighter jet if it would passed at a similar height but no sound at all! I could follow it for only 2 seconds or so, but it was really there!!! I guess it was 15 to 20 foot in diameter.
Damn, I thought, that's a genuine! I couldn't stop smiling, still smiling as I'm writing this!
It kind of reminds me of the STS-75 footage, that's how it looked liked, but more faint.

Thank you my friends for showing yourself!

Maybe this isn't worth a thread, but I'm no hoaxer or joker and despite my different view on the various subject I try to remain as sincere as possible. This sighting was real!
I just saw once again a freaking UFO!
I would swear on my mothers grave if she was dead!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Just kidding, but if it returns, pictures would be nice. I will be awaiting more info.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Good for you...i'm jealous!

Hopefully, these things will become more and more active, and we'll all get a look.

Don't worry about the people who are bound to demand proof of some kind, 2 seconds isn't long enough to sneeze, never mind take a picture!

I'm glad for you.

Wonder how long it will be before someone says 'weather balloon'!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was just walking my dogs in Liverpool UK and from the South towards me 2 bright white lights moving forward in a line at the same speed ( quite slowly ) and both faded not out but dimmer . I just rushed home to check on the ISS but its over africa somewhere . Could be Army 'planes I suppose but I got the impression they were much higher and possibly catching sunlight but as they were moving south to north in a straight line I'm not sure how that would be possible. Anyway just added this to let you know you're not the only one seeing white lights tonight lol .

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

wow, I can see why it caught your eye and curiosity.
( here in USA, Florida )
Today I saw something but probably jet..flying high with contrail
it then gleamed silver in the sunlight and ( banked probably )
was "gone"...not really gone of course but it caught my attention
as I simply could not see it any more when it went into a cloud
maybe..probably too high and small for me to see at that point.
Recall a story but can't find it about a large ( basketball sized maybe )
white orb object coming down in a town and authorities loaded it up
in an ambulance. There may be something man made that the
public is not yet aware of and plus saw somewhere in a magazine
about this data gathering object that is large globe shaped and I think
one person mans it..sorry if I cannot remember more. It flies really
high and the person needs special equipment. If I find it will let you
know if possible.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Indeed, 2 seconds is very short, still it was the best sighting I ever had!
I still get goosebumps when I think of it. It was really freaking awesome because it was so close.

My other sightings were:

-Several strange lights in the sky, stationary with sudden horizontal moves. Disappearing and reappearing. But at least a mile/one and a half mile away and high in the sky.

-A large yellow sphere together with a neighbor, she noticed it first, I looked too and saw, had a camera running on a tripod the other direction but as I grabbed it and turned back to the Sphere,it was already gone. This one lasted only one second or so. It was above a tree-line and bigger as the moon which I was filming a that time.

-Recently I've seen 3 times a dark silent disc. Twice it flew over and the third time, which was last week, it was stationary, but started to move away as I started to observe it. It felt like if the object knew I was watching.

Debunkers may not believe it, I don't really care. If those had seen what I've seen, they would change their mind and start looking for answers.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Vette sjit! lol

Zo ufo-loos is nederland nog niet

translation:

Cool stuff!
More UFO sightings in the Netherlands than you would think!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Regenstorm,

Wow dude, I was between Nijmegen and Venlo and i saw what you descibe as well. Was it yesterday (17-05-2010) evening? Looking in eastern direction (Germany)?

I can't remember the exact time but it was while driving home, so the end of the day, beginning of the evening...

Peace

[edit on 18-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Well, indeed it was. I'm staying at a friend in Uden at the moment. It was 1 AM local time, 10 minutes before I opened this thread. So you might seen something else.

BTW Where were you driving? A73? Because I completely forgot, on april 29th my brother and I were driving on this freeway towards Venlo and near Horst we both saw a very bright light in the sky above Venlo/Germany. It disappeared and reappeared before it completely vanished. It wasn't a Chinese hot air balloon. It was as bright as a flashlight from a camera and fairly large, larger than stars and planets.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Just kidding, but if it returns, pictures would be nice.
Will be awaiting more info.

Oh, no! It's a sighting I can't debunk! I imagine it would be fun to see a real, honest-to-gosh UFO built or sent by aliens or time-travelers or angels/demons from Heaven. Never seen one myself. Sure, a few stray lights in the sky, but those could have been anything.

Lucky dog.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It's hard to understand the excitement if you weren't there your self. Sadly these kind of sightings produce little to non evidence except for the witness.
It was so unreal what I saw. I'm familiar with most things up in the air. I've seen lots of shooting stars and I'm able to identify most lights in the sky.

There is even one occasion when I really thought I saw a UFO at first. I was looking east at 5 am while doing a night shift as a cabbie. There were no calls so I was at home watching tv. I looked out the window and I saw though it was getting light still some stars.
But one of them was moving, not fast, but it was moving horizontally through the sky. I watched it for more than 20 minutes and I really was wondering what it was. It was headed towards me and at a certain point I could see that it was a commercial airliner. The rising sun was reflecting of its belly and that was the light that I saw for almost 20 minutes.
Given the fact that such an airliner does easily 600 Mph, I've observed it over a distance of more than 200 miles.
So, I'm not the type that gets easily fooled by some landing lights or Chinese balloons. What I saw yesterday was something extraordinary.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Indeed it was the A73 and that light you saw due East was probably an incoming flight for Niederrhein Airport. What I saw last night wasn't a plane!!

....maybe a helicopter, we don't get a lot of them around here so I don't know if that could have been it.

Peace

[edit on 18-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I see the planes heading for Weeze-Laarbruch every day, it's very busy there and they have only one runway. I see them passing by 200/300 meters up in the air circling until they get permission to land. The lights that I saw in April were more above Venlo/Kaldenkrichen(D). If you go of the A73 at Venray Noord and drive to Maashees, you can see the planes disappear in the woods. At night it looks like a UFO is landing.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hi Regenstorm. Nice to see my fellow Dutchmen here. I knew you were Dutch, but I didn't know about the other guys. Hi guys!

I quite often see bright dots in the night sky over Holland, at first they look like satellites, but when you follow them, they suddenly speed up, slow down or change course.

Ever saw those?

Btw, saw your other thread about the sighting in Volkel, I often pass the air-base.

Did you know they keep American nukes there?

new topics

top topics

join