It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second, Smaller Mosque Near Ground Zero

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Intentions
To all of you comparing Mecca to Ground Zero, what the hell do they have to do with eachother?

Mecca is the holiest Muslim land on this earth. Ground Zero is just a regular piece of land in the U.S. (where we are free to practice religion) in which a tragedy occured.

So, if that is the same thing to you, then the Vatican is the same exact thing as the site where the Oklahoma bombings occured, because Timothy Mcveigh is a Christian....right?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

Exactly, followers of christians and catholics have done many bad things but you can't blame the religion, you blame the individual people. It's not that hard to understand.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Lol, apparently for some it is. I feel that the Muslim victims of 9/11 are more affected by this bigotry, then the bigots who are affected by the Mosque.

To be completely honest, its so embedded in the media that sometimes I even think terrorist when I see a religous Muslim (even though my family is Muslim). But I always know that they are most likely your average human being, and push away those subconcious thoughts.

That propaganda has done a good job of getting into my subconcious mind, so I can't imagine what it has done to those which already have a narrow mind.

Edit for spelling and clarification

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
reply to post by Blaine91555

Very nicely said. . !

I am afraid that there are many "Patriots" in this country who are not actually patriots, but authoritarians.

I think a lot of it is lack of faith. Faith in our system. It works and it works well when allowed to.

It is not surprising when our leaders set such bad examples. It is going to get worse. Much worse. Both Parties have adopted the tactic of keeping us at each others throats and both Parties are encouraging hatred. Race baiting and the Secular assault on Religion are at the forefront.

Our goal should be to lead by example. If those from countries under the iron hand of radicals who abuse religion as a tool of control see how much better our system works and experience it, there is hope. The Muslim Faith can clearly thrive under our system as has other religions.

Those who would tear us apart with their hatred have always been around. At times in our history though they seem to get a much louder voice.

When I remember watching that second plane fly through the tower I find it hard to not let emotions enter into it, but I know its wrong. Because of that I understand what leads to this hate as it is a constant battle to fend off hate.

We are certainly going through a hard time right now in this regard. Progressives attempting to destroy all religion. Radicals who think all Jews are radical Zionists spreading their hate. Christians, who often don't act like Christians, condemning the entire Muslim Faith because of the actions of radical Terrorists groups. An Administration in the White House who daily spreads hatred as a Political tool. It's all leading to a crescendo that could go either way.

At the same time we can't be so blind as to not take action when we do find a group who is subversive. If a Mosque is found to be teaching and preaching violence, hatred or is supporting Terrorist activities against us we must act to stop them immediately. Political correctness needs to be replaced with common sense and logic. Hate is being used effectively among the Muslims as well.

Our first and foremost problem is with our Leaders, not whether or not there is a Mosque at any particular location. What is wrong with the leadership in NYC that they ever let it get to this point?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
They are either fools, or are deliberately trying to provoke negative reactions from the public. I seriously wouldn't give either Mosque too long before violent attacks are committed on either building or it's worshipers.

Raising a victory flag next to the site of a mass-murder? Really, whatever they are smoking, they need to quit.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
They are either fools, or are deliberately trying to provoke negative reactions from the public. I seriously wouldn't give either Mosque too long before violent attacks are committed on either building or it's worshipers.

Those are possibilities. They could also be trying to relieve the tensions caused by the stereotype of Muslim's equaling terrorist (which is their motive stated by the head director).

But to play devil's advocate, if they are trying to provoke negative reactions, that makes violent attacks on the buliding or it's worshippers ok? Wouldn't those attacking it, be the real terrorists?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ok i am all for building the mosque, but there seems to be an agenda here. this again goes beyond muslims.

Construction is due to begin on September 11 next year – the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attack. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

now the question rises, who is really funding the mosque?

UNFPA (United Nations Population Fund) $ 53,664
MDG3 Fund (Millennium Development Goals) $481,942
Hunt Alternatives Fund $15,000
Carnegie Corporation of N.Y. $ 144,752
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund $50,000
Qatar government fund $576,312

oh wow, saudi arabia = wahabis, qatar = support terrorism, and rockfeller brothers funded that so called muslim organisation into buying the land and to build the mosque. of course there is no problem here with the mosque, but it will not be build to make the muslims happy, its defiantly being built for another agenda. and that is to create more hate.

i'm all for building the mosque but i urge all muslims to realise that this mosque is not right, not only because new york is a sh*t hole and not a place for building holy places, but because the money that fund this project is unlawful. in other words its dirty money.

the kuwaiti cleric leading the project is defiantly in on the agenda and he knows exactly what hes doing and what it will create.

his name is: Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf

i hope some of you can dig some information on him, he has a few books

to be honest i dont think the USA/zionists/elites will allow any normal person to build a mosque in new york near ground zero if they werent in on it. they're getting something out of it and thats why they granted permission. in 2001 bush started the war on islam, this war still continues today.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

Did I say it was ok? I was pointing out the fact that this action is foolish and unecessary, and will likely provoke attacks on the people using the building. It's not a matter of it being ok to attack people. It's a matter of being silly or provocative and setting up a situation that will enrage, and possibly encourage a spike in violence against said people, above what is normal levels.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

You do have rather valid points in your past .

Suddenly the whole project sounds like an operation of some sort .

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

You do have rather valid points in your past .

Suddenly the whole project sounds like an operation of some sort .

In his 11 September 1991 Toward a New World Order speech to a joint session of the U.S. Congress, President George H. W. Bush described his objectives for post-Cold-War global governance in cooperation with post-Soviet states

10 years later

Early on the morning of September 11, 2001, nineteen hijackers took control of four commercial airliners en route to San Francisco and Los Angeles from Boston, Newark, and Washington, D.C. (Washington Dulles International Airport).[1] At 8:46 a.m., American Airlines Flight 11 was crashed into the World Trade Center's North Tower, followed by United Airlines Flight 175 which hit the South Tower at 9:03 a.m.[7][8]

another 10 years, September 2011.

Building of mosque in NYC begins.

source: wikipedia

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Nope, you didn't, sorry about that. Just assumed you were siding with those people, which again you aren't, and apologies for assuming. And yes it will obviously spark violence in those who do not look past the religion, but the ice has to be broken someday.

Again, we cannot deny others the same freedoms the Church around the corner has, because of the correlation between Muslims and 9/11. Terrorists whom are Muslim extremists caused 9/11 (or government, depending on how you see it), not Muslims.

We can either A)Look past the correlation and see that not all Muslims are terrorist, or B) Refuse to let the Mosque be built, and set a precedent that treats Muslims as less than equal to all other religions. There is no in between, because the in between would be NO places of worship allowed, including Churches.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I saw this date the other day, and my immediate reaction was that is unnecessary. While they may be trying to lesson tensions, that date is way too significant. However, TPTB obviously WANT a public outrage. This will further the propaganda that Muslims are trying to take us over, and take away our freedoms. They want us to argue over this. They've done such a great job making many people think Muslims=Terrorist, that this is the icing on the cake. I think for the most part, many of the reactions here represent that they are getting that done. They'll get what they want, as long as we can't look past the correlation. As long as people see this Mosque as being different then a Church, we will be feeding into their game.

Edit to clarify "they" wanting an outrage refers to TPTB

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Illuminati want it that way so they can war against them in
their own raw material rich lands.
In some cases it doesn't even matter.
All the refugees come here as the Illuminati make war for us
in the downtrodden country.
We know it so well.
Did any one try to stop it.
Two people father and son.
Anyone else ready I'll try and set up a memorial when the job is done.
ED:
Will there be a home coming parade in Manhattan for the
home coming troops and march around the World Trade Center Site.
Illuminati ceremonies usually help their cause so I do wonder how
events are managed to do that. Manhattan will soon be an island of
street merchants and cab drivers.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
this wont end well
the thread or the mosk.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Aside from the Quatar government, why, oh why are the others contributing to the building fund of this mosque????????

Just why? I thought religious buildings were primarily funded by those planning to attend or worship there; not unrelated, non-religious institutions.

This raises a ton of questions and definitely looks like some agenda other than a group of people just trying to get closer to their God.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

You don't even know me so don't pretend to wayno. Your cliched response (veiled ad hom) is laughable and highly predictable of someone who really has nothing notable to say.

FAIL!

IRM

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Sorry if I misread your comment. The evil look on your avatar my have caused me to interpret your comments in that light.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

perhaps you missed those several thousand car bombs a few years back. Anybody with some cash and supplies can attack anyone they want with the right skills. You can make a case that America allowed or provoked the attacks. But in this time period, it is foolish to say America did it. Besides, if you are going to do it, you don't. That's the basic rule of thumb. You hire people to and make them think its their benefactors attacking the enemy. You don't go Oh hia, I'm the US gov, please bomb me. You pretend. Your lack of basic cia protocol is amazing and makes it clear why you would ignorantly think the US did it all. That's just plain dumb.

With all that said, Not supporting Muslim's rights to put up a mosque there is pretty much dead flat racism. As long as they are not preaching to bomb crap, you really have no right. It's no different if a cathedral was legally (miraculously) aloud to go up in Tehran.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by damwel

You have proven my exact point. The hatred is in the hearts of those who promote this over the rights of the victims. Not all victims are Christians or Neo-Cons. But very eloquent of you to sum it up in the generalization put forward.

There were also Muslim victims on Sept 11 2001.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: the mosque

If the relevant authorities were to defer to the wishes of the victims families, what makes you think there would be a clear consensus on whether the building should go ahead ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Sorry if I misread your comment. The evil look on your avatar my have caused me to interpret your comments in that light.

All I'm saying is that it's no secret many people in the USA, namely NYC and Manhattan are still smarting from 911, (regardless of who was or wasn't responsible). This is a sensitive issue and I just feel more respect should be payed to this. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a cultural backlash.

As I said, I do not advocate any such actions (I'm a peaceful person) but not everyone is a peaceful person. This is the reality of the world in which we live.

My Avatar is just Jack Skellington from the children's movie, "A Nightmare Before Christmas" in front of the sun's corona. He's smiling... and a rather friendly chap! As an aside... I've kept this avatar (which was originally meant just for Halloween) because many members U2U'd me and requested I keep it.

IRM

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join