It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second, Smaller Mosque Near Ground Zero

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by 23432

Where is the conspiracy here ?
A mosque being built is not a proof of conspiracy of anything .
It is really, really, really strange that there are some people out there who'll believe the official story line of 9/11 .

Nothing can be further from the truth .

I don't believe in the "official" story behind 9/11 but until the official story comes out then we shouldn't allow muslims to build near ground zero. If American's destroyed Mecca and then later in the years tried to build buildings near the Mecca ground zero, then do you honestly believe they would allow them to build there?

I'd say no they wouldn't and fight to the death.

how is mecca and WTC similar?

maybe you should compare WTC to kingdom centre.

that would make more sense.

the saudis allow westerners to build everything on their soil. hell they paid europe/america billions of oil just to build their country's infrastructure. but would they let you build a church? no. but who wants a church in saudi arabia, i heard theres like 3 christians living there and i doubt any other christian want to go there. too hot and too many strict rules. no bacon or alcohol.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

They can do what they want. This is AMERICA. Freedom of religion. Do you know how hard it is to find real estate in Manhattan? If new space opens up you take it wherever you can get it.

As for the OP, muslims didn't attack 9/11. Come on. How many christians or catholics have killed people that didn't deserve it? You don't go blaming their religion, you blame the people.

The people that are upset about this are close minded and are falsly believing the muslims did this when in fact our government helped them do it and probably had a huge part in it. Come on, wake up!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I mean Parralax, I reply to your post in agreement.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
reply to post by MR BOB

They can do what they want. This is AMERICA. Freedom of religion. Do you know how hard it is to find real estate in Manhattan? If new space opens up you take it wherever you can get it.

As for the OP, muslims didn't attack 9/11. Come on. How many christians or catholics have killed people that didn't deserve it? You don't go blaming their religion, you blame the people.

The people that are upset about this are close minded and are falsly believing the muslims did this when in fact our government helped them do it and probably had a huge part in it. Come on, wake up!

Take a note from your own post...

No where have I mentioned blaming one religion or another, take the time to review my posts before my maligning my stance.

I have only suggested for the victims of the said tragedy to be heard. Plead to them for their understanding and forgiveness as they have suffered the most.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

I mean Parralax, I reply to your post in agreement.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by MR BOB]

Yes, I agree. That toon is nothing but a race baiter and he/she/it has been outed many time as that.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

thats what i am talking about, the victims family members and anyone else that are upset at muslims because of their "terrorists acts"

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

thats what i am talking about, the victims family members and anyone else that are upset at muslims because of their "terrorists acts"

The community involved should be working with the victims to ease their tension and offer understanding. How hard is to do just that? Does the muslim community make the victims all out to be bigots not capable of understanding a different faith? I don't think so, NYC is one most diverse communities in the world. Even after 9/11 it was the victims who stepped up to the plate to denounce the violence against all Muslims, do you remember that?

Respect the victims involved and ease their tension, instead of going against their wishes.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
it's been 10 years.. get over it already. Jesus. The war right after was complete BS and if you can't connect the dots i feel sorry for you. I'm done posting here. Logic is key in life.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpowerYou weren't attacked by Islam, you were attack by Muslim Extremists (if you believe that).

It goes both ways. Many people still believe the official story behind 9/11, so do many Muslims across the world and in the United States.

Now, they're making a mosque a short distance from Ground Zero and intends to plant a flag of victory. WTF pray tell does that say about their intentions?

"They're not the enemy", well then they should stop acting like it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The flag of victory is this:
quranicteachings.co.uk...
fc06.deviantart.net...

I'm frightened. Someone save us from this Muslim invasion /sarcasm. They were never acting like the enemy. No matter what they do people will demonize them. Let them build their mosque I say, this is a free country.

How is it any worse than this:
thumbs.dreamstime.com...

[edit on 18-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Where is bigotry even mentioned? It seems that if a group of people who were directly involved in the situation and have lost family members in the said tragedy are against it, their wishes are of no credence?

Why must it be that anyone who is against such a move be labeled a bigot? What about going against the wishes of the victims? How would you care to label them?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

You don't have to mention it. You're as transparent as saran wrap. If they want to build a church in New York they have every darn right to. This is still a free country no matter what neo-conservatives want. You're not taking away what makes America great to further a hate filled agenda. We are protected from these neo-conservatives by the constitution. Remember that paper that GWBush wiped his butt with? It's still there so too effin bad, build the Mosque!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You have proven my exact point. The hatred is in the hearts of those who promote this over the rights of the victims. Not all victims are Christians or Neo-Cons. But very eloquent of you to sum it up in the generalization put forward.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have never seen so much in the news about one religion... everyday there is something new... why is this?

It's because it is a divisive community and some of the 'Muslims' go about doing very bad things to their own people and enforcing the ideals onto others... this Burqa wearing thing is ridiculous IMO... i keep hearing how 'it's part of the Islamic Faith' blah, blah , blah.... but to those who keep saying this, you have to see where they get this idea from... it's indoctrinated into their brains from an early age that this is right, we are right and you are wrong... they are brainwashed into believing this from an early age and are Hypnotised into believing this is 'THE' only way to be for them... it's really quite sad how one man, one book has managed to indoctrine this many people into this way of life... the same can be said for other religions but we have never had any problems with other Faith's ... so again i ask the question... why is it that this 'Islamic' religion is in the news everyday? There's obviously a reason for it... most of the time it's not good news either... in fact 99% of the time it's something that makes a lot of people angry.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
All I can say is that the muslims who are planing to build their mosques so close to the old WTC are insensitive a-holes. It's not like they would be unaware of how this may upset many people. All they are really doing is using our liberal laws to thumb their noses at the west... and having a good laugh at you while your back is turned.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets upset enough to give those mosques their own 911 should they ever be erected.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate such an action but I can certainly see how this could happen.

IRM

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm sure you know that would not be the case. People fear what they do not understand. A lot of people do not understand Islam so they fear it due the deplorable actions of a few religious zealots.

Besides, why is it that this faction of the families should have a say in where they get to build their mosques? Do their opinions outweigh those of the families who don't care? If so, why?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What do 'liberal' laws have to do with this? Freedom of religion is not a 'liberal' law. It's a constitutional right. I'm I misunderstanding something here?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets upset enough to give those mosques their own 911 should they ever be erected.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate such an action but I can certainly see how this could happen.

Thank you for clarifying. You are obviously a sweet man who wouldn't wish a bad thing on anyone.

Excuse me while I

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If all zoning requirements are in place and the Mosques meet code requirements, nobody should interfere provided they are able to purchase or lease the land.

If it can be proven that acts of sedition are taking place within the Mosques then those involved should be dealt with but otherwise? The rules apply to everyone or to nobody.

Just because we don't agree with speech or a religion is not good reason to interfere with those who do agree. If we go down that path we become the system our Founders fought to escape.

I personally think the symbolism of doing this is tacky and rude beyond belief, but we must not change our system to accommodate our distaste. If we do, we loose.

This is not a case of simply expressing distaste if the Mosques are not allowed; it is a denial of basic human rights based on Religion. We either believe the basic right to Freedom of Religion and Speech applies to everyone or we are liars. It would seem some of us are liars.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
To all of you comparing Mecca to Ground Zero, what the hell do they have to do with eachother?

Mecca is the holiest Muslim land on this earth. Ground Zero is just a regular piece of land in the U.S. (where we are free to practice religion) in which a tragedy occured.

So, if that is the same thing to you, then the Vatican is the same exact thing as the site where the Oklahoma bombings occured, because Timothy Mcveigh is a Christian....right?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Very nicely said. . !

I am afraid that there are many "Patriots" in this country who are not actually patriots, but authoritarians. These antidemocratic belief systems are driven out of fear-based propaganda put forth by idols in the media.

This is the most dangerous threat today to our democracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join