It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second, Smaller Mosque Near Ground Zero

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second, Smaller Mosque Near Ground Zero

www.foxnews.com

As controversy surrounds the construction of a 13-story mosque just two blocks from Ground Zero, FOX News has learned that an effort to place a second mosque close to the hallowed site in New York City is in its advanced stages.

In fact, the website appealing for donations boldly states that it plans to “build the 'House of Allah' next to the World Trade Center. Help us raise the flag of 'LA ILLAH ILLA ALLAH' in downtown Manhattan."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I am a lost of words that where one building was already considered controversial, now they are planing to build a second building closer to the WTC site.

The families of the tragedy have already expressed their discontent with such decision and yet their pleas go unnoticed. Are the elected officials of NYC that ignorant to the wishes of those who were victimized during 9/11.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Site of the Organization

Insha’Allah, hand to hand we will build our Masjid riba free and in accordance to the Islamic Shariah. Insha'Allah we will raise the flag of La-Illaha-Illa-Allah in downtown Manhattan very soon!

So not only do they want to build a Mosque closer to the WTC site but are also interested flying the flag of victory to rub more salt in the wounds of the victims involved.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My answer remains the same to the one i posted in the thread for the first mosque.

the muslims didnt commit the attacks on the twin towers and/or the pentagon.

get bush and charge him with crimes against humanity.

building a second smaller mosque in the same area does seem like a waste of resources, why dont they build it near the pentagon?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
People still believe the official story of 9/11?

Well, that IS certainly breaking news for me!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow..

Come on now.

You weren't attacked by Islam, you were attack by Muslim Extremists (if you believe that).

Stop demonizing an entire religion and group of people over the actions of few.

I dont' see a problem with it, it's going to be a Mosque, a church really, not a terrorist training camp.

Who cares what the familes had to say about it? They dont' dictate building codes do they?

You speak of victimization, it's these poor muslims who are being victimized by misplaced anger and disrespect.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Wow..

Come on now.

You weren't attacked by Islam, you were attack by Muslim Extremists (if you believe that).

Stop demonizing an entire religion and group of people over the actions of few.

But then how else can they justify their bigotry?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

It's good to see the Muslim-haters and fascists on ATS aren't getting lazy.

This thread is so utterly benile it's ridiculous. Some Islamic people want to build one of their temples near ground zero. La de dah! Big 'effing deal! What happens if McDonalds declare the intent to build a burger joint on the edge ground zero? You'll go postal and start bombing McDonalds restaurants?

Get over your hatred of Islam. Accept that all religion is equally stupid, and the practitioners of it deluded and victimised. More importantly, stop hating middle-eastern people, because that is what you appear to be doing.

Parallex.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Where is bigotry even mentioned? It seems that if a group of people who were directly involved in the situation and have lost family members in the said tragedy are against it, their wishes are of no credence?

Why must it be that anyone who is against such a move be labeled a bigot? What about going against the wishes of the victims? How would you care to label them?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

It's good to see the Muslim-haters and fascists on ATS aren't getting lazy.

Not you again. All you do is race bait and spew hate.

Still you could care less for the victims of the tragedy but would rather run over them with your hate all religions except Islam steam roller.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Where is bigotry even mentioned? It seems that if a group of people who were directly involved in the situation and have lost family members in the said tragedy their wishes are of no credence?

Why must it be that anyone who is against such a move be labeled a bigot? What about going against the wishes of the victims? How would you care to label them?

why are the family's victims not going after zionist bush?

thats right everyone seems to forget thats how all the problems started.

the families of the victims and anyone who is affected should wake up and seek justice.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Where is bigotry even mentioned?

Likely the inference that can be made by blaming a religion which consists of nearly a quarter of the worlds population for the actions of a few extreme nutjobs.

It's like blaming the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church on every single Christian on the planet. It's absolutely retarded and utterly bigoted.

It helps reinforce the ill founded belief that every Muslim on Earth is a turban wearing, ALAHALAHALAHALAHALAHALAH screaming, mass murderer.

Frankly, I believe every religion should be building places of spiritual worship around the site. Build a church or a cathedral; build a synagogue; build some hindu and buddhist temples. Make it a center of world spiritual belief to show that an intimidation tactic, no matter who did it, isn't going to be successful in dividing people and causing more hate and fear.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I have never said in any of post to not build any such temples. All I have said is to respect the wishes of those involved and give time to heal such wounds. The community members of said organization are not trying to heal wounds but trying to create a further divide which will only give rise future racial tensions.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I have never said in any of post to not build any such temples. All I have said is to respect the wishes of those involved and give time to heal such wounds. The community members of said organization are not trying to heal wounds but trying to create a further divide which will only give rise future racial tensions.

Why would the families of 9/11 victims be mad at ISLAM?

That's a religion.

It's very ignorant to hate everybody for the actions of few.

If that was sensible that I would hate ALL human beings because my old neighbor murdered his wife and I hate murderers.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

They are promoting division by not seeing their obvious bias in regards to this issue.

It's like hating Muslims is the new fad and if you don't then your un-american.

It's ridiculous.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The new fad has never been to hate any particular religion. The new Fad is to demonize the American Citizens as much as one can, and if they still stand up & protect their beliefs then one can belittle them by calling them racist and bigots.

Very old and more of the same strategy. Americans are very accepting of different religions, hence it is called the melting pot of the world. But the true hatred stems from who wish to overrule the wishes of those involved.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Just because it will cause something doesn't mean it shouldn't cause something. It's peoples own bigotry and ignorance that causes the racial tensions, and nothing more.

By the way, last I checked it's been nearly 10 years after the fact and many Americans don't believe the official story of what happened on 9/11. Many of said Americans are intelligence officials, congressman and the people who commissioned the bloody report themselves.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The new Fad is to demonize the American Citizens as much as one can, and if they still stand up & protect their beliefs then one can belittle them by calling them racist and bigots.

Um...yeah, typically if ones beliefs that they stand up and protect are racist or bigoted in nature, someone is going to call them out of their racist or bigoted nature. I'll admit the terms are thrown out far too often but in this case, it is a bigoted view point to be "afraid" or "insulted" that they are doing this, because they didn't do anything to deserve such resentment to begin with.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Who cares if Muslims build 100 mosques near Ground Zero? Overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence proves they had nothing to do with 9/11. Show me something as simple as a photo or video of AA 77 impacting the Pentagon and I'll rethink my position.

Now if the neocons want to build a new PNAC think tank or CFR gathering spot near Ground Zero -- THAT'S when you should be concerned.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Amen to the mosque.

I doubt most families of the victims of 9-11 are worried about Muslims. Most of them are probably well aware of the conspiracies involving the US government et al.

Why are you stirring this up? What is your agenda? Do you believe, and want others to believe the official "story"?

If so, you have little support.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Who cares if Muslims build 100 mosques near Ground Zero? Overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence proves they had nothing to do with 9/11. Show me something as simple as a photo or video of AA 77 impacting the Pentagon and I'll rethink my position.

Now if the neocons want to build a new PNAC think tank or CFR gathering spot near Ground Zero -- THAT'S when you should be concerned.

The Photo and video of the planes hitting the WTC is not enough for you? or the Calls made from the plane that crashed in PA?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join