It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: End of the World?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by stereologist
This is a fabulous chart showing the ludicrous nature of the believers side. It's nice to see that there is a simple chart with many different issues together. It shows how silly the believers position is.

The chart is well written. It is concise. It makes it clear that the people pushing this delusion are hoaxers. It is a purposeful effort to deceive and lie to people. The deceivers are instilling irrational fear in people and that is terrible.

Timewave Zero is a pseudoscientific numerological nonsense.

That sums it up doesn't it? All of this 2012 stuff is pseudoscientific. It is nonsense.

I know people fear death. they see the date 2012 and hate people who believe in this nonsense. But open your eyes and see that our government is getting worse by the day and their control is getting worse as well. If something doesn't happen, then we sure as hell will live in a Demolition Man style society. but that is okay with you then isn't it?

Governments collapse and fail all the time, it doesn't signal the end of the world, gosh, americans sometimes

don't get me started on the rest of the world.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

the only facts you guys will except is if it has already happened.

I personally don't know what is going to happen. I highly doubt nothing is going to happen. Mayans stated that certain dates in history something happens either bad or good. Those ignorant will suffer and those who are prepared will survive. The calender is backed up by katuns.

www.onereed.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

no the world will not end yet .. only oure livestyle will be slightly different from now...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Problem with the comparison. While the skeptic might openly say that the statistical information comes from scientist and studies, repeatedly in the past, SCIENCE WAS WRONG.

There is also the possibility that the information that is fed to the skeptics total BS. We know TPTB lie about, well, everything else. Who's to say half the stuff your read and hear is simply another control mechanism, that you are believing.

It's not a question of who is right or wrong, but who is the actual group of retards/idiots. People clearly believe anything...

even sound facts can be total bs when coming from higherpowers

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
From the following site we have this prophecy related to the end of the Katun.
The Maya Katun Prophecies - One Reed

There will be scarcities of corn and squash during this katun and this will lead to great mortality.

I guess it will be more rice, potatoes, wheat, barley, and quinoa instead of corn.

There's still plenty of time to sell zucchini futures before people get wise.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter if every single 2012 prediction is right or wrong. Eventually every single person reading this forum, along with the rest of the world, will be dead. Everyone's survival rate drops to zero on a long enough timeline (yay movie quote! lol). Why argue over who is right about how it will happen.

Just an observation though: if we look at the first video posted with Professor Kaku in it, we have a prime example of why, most likely, no one is really 100% correct about what will occur either way. He readily admits that some of the leading scientists in physics (I say this as he admits he was wrong and I put him in the top 1% of current physicists) were wrong about solar flare cycles. If they can be wrong about that, then they can be wrong about anything. Maybe archaeologists are wrong about the 2012 thing, maybe they're right.

Personally I suspect it's somewhere in between. The good thing about this particular argument though is that we don't have to wait very long to get the results

"Be excellent to each other...Party on Dudes!"
- Dredge

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I personally don't know what is going to happen. I highly doubt nothing is going to happen. Mayans stated that certain dates in history something happens either bad or good. Those ignorant will suffer and those who are prepared will survive. The calender is backed up by katuns.

www.onereed.com...

How are you going to be prepared when you don't know what's going to happen?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cross8712
Problem with the comparison. While the skeptic might openly say that the statistical information comes from scientist and studies, repeatedly in the past, SCIENCE WAS WRONG.

There is also the possibility that the information that is fed to the skeptics total BS. We know TPTB lie about, well, everything else. Who's to say half the stuff your read and hear is simply another control mechanism, that you are believing.

It's not a question of who is right or wrong, but who is the actual group of retards/idiots. People clearly believe anything...

Science indeed has been wrong, but it wasn't new agers correcting the bad science, it was, get this, other scientists!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

He readily admits that some of the leading scientists in physics (I say this as he admits he was wrong and I put him in the top 1% of current physicists) were wrong about solar flare cycles. If they can be wrong about that, then they can be wrong about anything. Maybe archaeologists are wrong about the 2012 thing, maybe they're right.

The dynamics of the sun are not well understood. It's harder than predicting the weather. These are tough problems to solve and scientists know that their predictions about the sun are not that good. There are things that science can predict very well. The motion of the planets can be predicted very accurately.

It's not correct to infer that scientists "can be wrong about anything". That does not follow. Predictions in science are often made with some notion of certainty. That's what the weather reports include. Under these conditions it rains 60% of the time. The certainty of rain is a little better than the flip of a coin. If the chance of rain is 10%, then it probably won't rain. I would be surprised to learn that the same notion of certainty was not calculated for the solar activity predictions.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cross8712

Science indeed has been wrong, but it wasn't new agers correcting the bad science, it was, get this, other scientists!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

I would give you 50 stars if I could. I cannot understand why people don't understand this. Science has to be wrong in order to progress. No one can guess 100 percent of the time what's going to happen. Trial and error, learning from mistakes. Yet some have this inept idea that if science makes an error that it is no longer valuable and that it's wiser to ask crystals and rocks for guidance?????

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

www.onereed.com...

How are you going to be prepared when you don't know what's going to happen?

It is quite easy. Just make sure you have survival skills and you should be fine.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Dragnet, that isn't true that I will only accept what has already happened. I apologize for painting believers with a broad brush. It wasn't cool. I was bothered by the way littlebunny was replying to Stereologist for some reason. I wasn't asking for evidence to prove a point. I was really asking for things that I don't know. I have read so much stuff concerning 2012. but at the end of the day I just never find any scientific findings, or if I do, it's almost always immediately debunked.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by dragnet53

Dragnet, that isn't true that I will only accept what has already happened. I apologize for painting believers with a broad brush. It wasn't cool. I was bothered by the way littlebunny was replying to Stereologist for some reason. I wasn't asking for evidence to prove a point. I was really asking for things that I don't know. I have read so much stuff concerning 2012. but at the end of the day I just never find any scientific findings, or if I do, it's almost always immediately debunked.

Mayan elders say it isn't a bad thing is going to happen, but a change in spiritual guidance of sorts.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Hah!, lol, I wouldn't ask a crystal or rock for guidance, it could be wrong too. I'm just saying, a lot of information is based off of theory or was at one point. Until it happens, live or learn something for yourself. The idea that any other human could be wrong, have a bad theory, or just flat out lying is enough for me not to actually believe certain things that have alternate possibilities.

Even if someone presents what they would consider evidence of how something works or is going to happen, I'm going to challenge it and find out myself because chances are, they could be wrong too. Say one of those scientist that proved someone else is wrong, is wrong himself. Then what would you do? (Like I said, initiative to learn for yourself, humans are starting to lack this) We are way to primal and "new" to life to think we understand it.

As for my initiative..

I'm working with cymatics and the affects of light, sound and other waves on the human body. I know sound affects water molecules based on frequency/vibration. So do waves of light. Our body is 93% water, so what does sound do to us? Maybe there is something more to the emotion rise and fall experienced while listening to certain music, like a physical change in your brain.

I'm also building a 10 foot tall replica of the giza pyramid to try and find our wtf they can actually do have some ideas.)

ATM i'm rambling... oops. Point >> Learn for yourself, screw things like the link with possibly wrong info.

I wasn't taking a doomsday side or a science side. There is an alternate point to the post being made than choosing right or wrong.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Cross8712]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i for one am not a big believer but i am open-minded. only the future can give us a clear answer to the events of 2012

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join