It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: End of the World?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here's a comparative chart pitting skeptics against beleivers on the subject of 2012:

www.informationisbeautiful.net...

Enjoy...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It comes down quite hard on the believers side.......it makes you wonder how people will believe despite the over-whelming evidence to the contrary.

Still I consider myself a skeptical believer if thats possible.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I believe this sentence sums up the entire mental aptitude of the person who wrote this laughable comparison.

“Timewave Zero is a pseudoscientific numerological nonsense.”

The entire premise of this “comparison” is a joke… The person who wrote this didn’t even attempt to hide his disdain towards 2012 “believers”. I consider this link a waste of time, poorly done, and in extremely bad taste.

Why are so many people being so rude about there rejection of 2012? What makes this doomsday so much different then all the others? I believe all the anti-2012 people are doing so because they are completely and totally terrified of the coming years… I believe we all feel something is coming. I know I do, and I know people I know feel it as well… what that feeling equals I have no idea, but its there… and I believe its being felt by all. Perhaps that explains all the animosity by so many… ***They must debunk 2012 anyway they can so that way they can ignore and deny that feeling within us all*** I wonder if that’s the real truth behind all these concerted efforts by so many to humiliate and defame anything and anyone who might hold some credence towards 2012.

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
thanks for linking a common sense , rebuttal, compendium of the 2012 meme

in several threads i pointed out that the solar system travels in a up-down
fashion comparable to the 12noon-6 o'clock position rather than the falsely imagined 3 o'clock- 9 o'clock rotation that faanciers imagine--- and that the whole solar system is some light-year above the galactic plane

& won't be anywhere near this fictional 'belt' of galactic energy in 2012

so much nonsense, its exasperating!

of course you info link will be disparaged and tossed aside in nothing flat

so be it, i respond

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I belive it will be the end of the world as we know it. Not so much the END of the world.

Too many different cultures were "saying" the same thing at a time when communication between those cultures was non-existant. That, in and of itself, is impossible for me to ignore.

Peace

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny

I believe all the anti-2012 people are doing so because they are completely and totally terrified of the coming years… I believe we all feel something is coming. I know I do, and I know people I know feel it as well… what that feeling equals I have no idea, but its there… and I believe its being felt by all.

--Charles Marcello

I know what you mean. I was down the pub the other day, we got talking about 2012, End times, yadda yadda yadda some were skeptical, some believed but ALL of us agreed that something big is coming.

I don't know what or when but its gonna be big.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
2012: End of the World?

Wow, I have never heard of this subject before. Something new
everyday. LOL

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I shall put on my helmet and prepare for a bashing.

Here is one more prediction to add to the conspiracy. Not 2012 but close.

Many tie Psalms 90:9 to the age of Israel = 70 years
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Ps 90:9-10 KJV

No need to kill the messenger. I take it with a grain of salt but here is one site - theelects.org

Peace

P.S. - there different opinions as to the official date Israel became a nation.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Very interesting thanks...I've been getting tired of the 2012 thing lately but this seems quite interesting...I do believe something IS going to happen, Armageddon? spiritual shift ? or maybe just mass terrorism (London 2012?)...They are just shoving this whole 2012 thing down our throats..movies, books, articles u name it.. also, looking at public polls the majority believes something catastrophic is going to happen...IMHO TPTB
are preparing us for something and our negative global consciousness is going to let that happen...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That was hilarious, the person who wrote that hasnt got a clue. Comparitive chart is a bit misleading though, should entitle it comedy sketch and put it in the right forum.

Whats with the skeptic vs. believer labels? Dont label me as though im bringing any pre-concieved notions to the table, how about the open minded label? I prefer to remain subjective not objective, many debunkers will know what they are about to debunk is not true before they even start reading about it thier paradigm says "doesnt make sense" and it gets instantly written off without a truely open minded chance, you can look at the facts all day long but unless your willing to check your fundamentalism or beliefs in at the door you wont be getting far at all.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think some people in this thread are sad a few of their favorite pieces of evidence for 2012 is being debunked.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I think some people in this thread are sad a few of their favorite pieces of evidence for 2012 is being debunked.

What was debunked exactly?

(trying to figure out how one opinion debunks another opinion.)

Thanks in advance.

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What was debunked exactly?

(trying to figure out how one opinion debunks another opinion.)

Thanks in advance.

--Charles Marcello

Did you read the entire article or just skip over the rest when you saw one you didn't like? There was quite a bit of information there about longcounts, symbolism, etc, just because it doesn't agree with what you think, doesn't mean it isn't a refutation that I haven't seen anyone respond to.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

That was hilarious, the person who wrote that hasnt got a clue. Comparitive chart is a bit misleading though, should entitle it comedy sketch and put it in the right forum.

Whats with the skeptic vs. believer labels? Dont label me as though im bringing any pre-concieved notions to the table, how about the open minded label?

I don't know who wrote it but you can find sources for the information if you look at the bottom of the page.

I ddn't label you, I merely took the two main sub-headings and put them in the title.

Sorry I riled you

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I thought the chart was quite good. It resembled every thread on the subject I have ever read here.
The guy who wrote the article doesn't show bias. he isn't speaking for himself. He is presenting the argumetns that both sides always do. That chart was almost identical to almost every thread on ATS concerning 2012. It only seems that the believer side is being bashed because the believer side never has any scientific evidence, whereas the skeptic side is nothing but science. It's labeled "belief" because at the present time, that's what it is.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Assuming the left side really does represent 2012 believers actually beleive and is not just a strawman believer, then I think the chart maps out the major arguments.

What strikes me is that a lot of the arguments are of the simple form: one guys says this, the other says something else, even when talking about the same source.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Did you read the entire article or just skip over the rest when you saw one you didn't like?

Of course I read the article, I even clicked on the information presented seeing how they are hyperlinks... did you know that?

Here is my problem with that "comparison".

The person purposely chose comments on the "believer" side without showing the SCIENTIST who have come out arguing why those concepts have merit. While he does present scientific statements regarding the deniers side. I find that disingenuous in the extreme, and that it was most assuredly done to flame so called “believers“.

As a person who is completely open minded, I don’t reject anything and I accept nothing. When I read something like that persons list, I know without question what the “angle” is. Others may not agree and that is perfectly fine, if you want to believe he was “honest”, I guess the question I would ask is, what side of the fence are you on? Do you believe nothing is going to happen, or do you believe we’re all going to die? I would hope you noticed my questions don’t give you any other options, and that is exactly how I read that persons comparison… Like when it comes to the Sun behaving badly as one example… There are three different scientist that I’m aware of who have shown real science that suggests to me, and proved to them, there is something coming in 2012 - 2013. I did not see that anywhere in his “comparison, which to me demands he hasn’t done anything other then skim the surface and then decided to write a comparison, which I find to be no comparison at all.

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Did you read the entire article or just skip over the rest when you saw one you didn't like?

Of course I read the article, I even clicked on the information presented seeing how they are hyperlinks... did you know that?

Here is my problem with that "comparison".

The person purposely chose comments on the "believer" side without showing the SCIENTIST who have come out arguing why those concepts have merit. While he does present scientific statements regarding the deniers side. I find that disingenuous in the extreme, and that it was most assuredly done to flame so called “believers“.

As a person who is completely open minded, I don’t reject anything and I accept nothing. When I read something like that persons list, I know without question what the “angle” is. Others may not agree and that is perfectly fine, if you want to believe he was “honest”, I guess the question I would ask is, what side of the fence are you on? Do you believe nothing is going to happen, or do you believe we’re all going to die? I would hope you noticed my questions don’t give you any other options, and that is exactly how I read that persons comparison… Like when it comes to the Sun behaving badly as one example… There are three different scientist that I’m aware of who have shown real science that suggests to me, and proved to them, there is something coming in 2012 - 2013. I did not see that anywhere in his “comparison, which to me demands he hasn’t done anything other then skim the surface and then decided to write a comparison, which I find to be no comparison at all.

--Charles Marcello

All the sources for the information are provided at the bottom of the page, including the believer side, which might I say has quite a few more websites and less scientists.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hah, one of his sources for the "believer" quotes is from the viral website set up to advertise the 2012 Movie.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
what if we dont make it to 2012 www.ministryofdreams.0catch.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join