It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SODIUM DICHLOROISOCYANURATE is the main ingredient for Aqua Clean Tabs (Water Purifying Tablets)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello I have purchased a while ago but not used these water purifying tablets called Aqua Clean Tabs. On the ingedient list it has listed that there is 250mg of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate and that being said I wondered well THEY say a lot of chemicals the likes of additives, preservatives, flavourings and sweetner's are all good for us, WRONG! They are NOT good for us and I will do what I can to expose the TRUTH.

Back on subject of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate here is a link as I was advised even though these tablets are to purify water they must be used with great safety measures so I though well that's a little odd.

Here's some clues as to why and how dangerous it is especially for comsumption.

www.ilo.org...

ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS, Ingestion, Burning sensation. Sore throat

That being said then how harmful do you think 250 mg of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate divided by 32 tablets which gives us a total of 7.8125 milligrams per tablet per 5 gals (25L) of water???

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

It's a detergent and disinfectant , some people say to add a capfull of bleach to water to purify it... I'm sure too much bleach is bad for you too...lol I really don't see the conspiracy here. Just invest in a good quality water filter and you'll be fine , I have a few I can recommend if you PM me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, from my experience we used bleach to disinfect a container to make it safe for drinkable water to be stored.

It kills mold and other nasty things.

If you use bleach you should use about a eye dropper full and allow it to sit.

If you are concerned about bleach being harmful don't swim in swimming pools,the additive to keep them clean is chlorine bleach!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sodium Chlorite is a much safer product and some water facilities are changing to it.

It has grass roots enormous support and testimony that purifying your water 2 or 3 times a day with it, or juice without c added, gradually increasing up to 15 drops is beneficial for aiding in recovery of numerous conditions.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The iodine tablets we used in the Army were damned nasty too, if you get thirsty enough you'll drink it, though. These days they use chlor-floc, which is also nasty, but actually doesn't kill half the stuff the iodine tabs did.

top topics

join