It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. radio project aimed at Iran delayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

U.S. radio project aimed at Iran delayed

www.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- A "high priority" part of U.S. efforts to reach out to Iranians has been silenced because of a two-year delay in building an important radio transmitter, according to a new government report.
The State Department inspector general's report says the delays hurt U.S. efforts to broadcast news and information into Iran in crucial periods during the 2009 Iranian election and the following civil unrest.
"U.S. interests require the immediate completion of a transmitter that can reach all of Iran," the report says.
The 600,000-watt transmitter -- designed to reach a high p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wow, and we wonder why they don't like us. Apparently, we want to broadcast propaganda into Iran. I wonder if it's the same propaganda that the American people get bombarded with or if it will be different propaganda?

It's kind of funny how we tout "freedom and democracy" but apparently we only like freedom and democracy if the people choose who the US government wants to be elected, not the people. The people of Iran voted and they elected their current government. The US government is not happy because the democratically elected government is not an American puppet, willing to abuse the people, rape the economy and steal the natural resources from the people. So, now we have to brainwash the people by piping in propaganda.

--airspoon

--airspoon

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The average person would think the "The Voice of America" would handle this with their current stations. They broadcast everywhere else on the planet.

What I find most interesting is the 600,000 watt transmitter. This is huge for HF applications. To put this in proper perspective, the average commercial US shortwave station, yes there are around a dozen of them, use transmitters from 50 watts to 1000 watts.

The medium wave station mentioned in Kuwait is nothing more than an AM station. That would be an easy fix to bump up power for more range.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I don't see why the American tax-payer would be wasting money on broadcasting propaganda in an effort to subvert a democratically elected government. The US government should take care of its own citizens before meddling in other people's affairs.

They want us to believe that many Iranians aren't happy with their government and that the recent riots were proof of that but to me, it only points to efforts such as this.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join