It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books that resonate and give you that *feeling*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Anything written by Franz Bardon, esp. Frabato the Magician.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
5 People you meet in heaven - very good
Power of Now - similar to CWG
Autobiography of a Yogi - eye opener

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
For something a little bit different read Papillon. I wont give too much away 'cos I'm planning to start a thread on him soon. You might be surprised at this certain "gift" he had. One that was shown in the movie, but so subtly and understated you might have missed it. Besides that it's an awesome read for summer. When you get to the end you'll probably start it all over again. You'll definitely get that "feeling" and you'll want that gift, (unless you already have it, in which case, I'm jealous).

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The Celestine Prophecy (still need to read the rest of the series)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned these yet but definitely worth a read
The Ringing Cedars series by Vladimir Megre

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not a book i've read but am reading: 50 Spiritual Classics. Having suprisingly only read a few of the books mentioned, I now have many many more to read. Give it a try it scrutinizes the books and then sums them up in a nutshell.

A book that gives me that feeling at the moment is A Path With Heart - Jack Kornfield.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Deceived, Damned & Defiant
The Cat in the Hat
Mein Kampf
See spot Run
Dos Kaptital
The Bell Curve

[edit on 18-5-2010 by zaiger]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Wei wei. Started watching that movie with Dustin Hoffman but never finished. Good luck on the thread sir.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Tao of Physics
Autobiography of a Yogi
Black Elk
Seat to the Soul
Many Lives Many Masters
The Alchemist

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There's so many books to reference i don't know where to start. This book may perhaps not be in your line of enquiry but as it's a little book that could be read over the course of your plane journey or in a short space i would suggest the Kybalion. Although it's only around 90 pages it gives a brilliant synopsis of the major principles and you will no doubt re-read many times after your first finish it. Will certainly give you some food for though anyway.

en.wikipedia.org...

and here it is on amazaon:-

www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kybalion

Enjoy your trip

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Some of my Favs:

Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramhansa Yogananda

Beyond the Himalayas & The Yoga of the Christ - Murdo MacDonald-Bayne (both for free online)
macdonaldbayne.homestead.com...

Anything by Osho

Aghora 1, 2, 3 - Robert Svoboda

The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda

Living with the Himalayan Masters - Swami Rama

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
reply to post by wigit

Wei wei. Started watching that movie with Dustin Hoffman but never finished. Good luck on the thread sir.

AH thats a tragedy... oh the fact you didn't watch it to the end. It was a fantastic inspiring movie about how determined the human spirit can be. It had such a powerful message of having hope and never, never, never giving up despite the seemingly impossible odds all around you.
Its actually based on the autobiography of Henri 'Papillon' Charriere
I recommend the movie and watching the extras on the DVD as well. It shows Henri in real life back in 1973 helping with the movie.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I just want to thank all who made suggestions in this thread. I ended up reading the 10th Insight and the Alchemist. Both absolutley amazing. For anyone who read the 10th insight and is a lost fan, all I can say is did the lost writers read these books? What a synchronicity it was for me reading about the soul groups and then coming home and seeing the last episode of lost. Absolutley blew my mind. I tell everyone who didn't get the lost finally to read these books.

Anywho, I will be reading some ofthe other suggestions as well and thanks to everyone again for making my journey a little more amazing, you guys rock.

Ps. For anyone looking for a cool, laidback, spiritual place to travel, Tulum Mexicois an amazing place. I feel like a new man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join