It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books that resonate and give you that *feeling*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hello to all of the ATS metaphysics buffs out there. I'm going on a trip to the Mayan ruins in Tulum Mexico and I'm looking for a little reading advice. I know there will be a lot of relaxing on the beach and there's nothing I like more than getting into a spiritually uplifting book.

Some books I have read and loved are as follows;

Celestine Prophecy
All three of the Peaceful Warrior series
Conversations with God
Eat pray love
Life, Love, Laughter by Osho
What the bleep do we know
4 agreements
Power of Now
New Earth

and a few more I can't remember but that's the idea

What I'm asking all the metaphysics buffs on ATS is for anything you have read in this genre that has inspired you. I'm really like things like the Celestine Prophecy and the peaceful warrior that have a little fiction entwined to keep it interesting.

I'm open to any suggestions and I welcome all responses.

Be well.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Have you read pt 2 and 3 of the Celestine Prophecy ?
I also liked The Shack and The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Have a great trip!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I'm sure you will get some good suggestions here at ATS!
Might I suggest.....

Terrence McKenna's - Archaic Revival
Ram Dass - Be Here Now
Edgar Cayce - Story Of The Soul
Deppak Chopra - Life After Death
Dr. Emoto - Hidden Messages In Water
J. H. Brennan - Tibetan Magic and Mysticism
Gopi Krishna - Kundalini
Rick Field - Chop Wood Carry Water
Tom Brown Jr - The Tracker, The Way Of The Scout
Yann Martel - Life Of Pi ( all fiction, but a great read)

Peace and safe travels

[edit on 17-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I haven't read the rest of the Celestine series based on a negative review from a friend but maybe it's time to give it a shot...I'm assuming you enjoyed them? Also I enjoyed the shack but haven't heard the last book you mentioned.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight

Some books I have read and loved are as follows;

Celestine Prophecy
All three of the Peaceful Warrior series
Conversations with God
Eat pray love
Life, Love, Laughter by Osho
What the bleep do we know
4 agreements
Power of Now
New Earth

Using this list as a guide ......

If you enjoyed the Celestine Prophecy ....... you must read

The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge by Carlos Castaneda .

I think the author Paulo Coelho would be right up your street .

May i suggest The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
and The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho

Find them here at Amazon The teachings of Don Yuan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge by Carlos Castaneda
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho

They also suit your destination to a tee .
Whatever you decide - enjoy your trip .

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Extraordinary powers in humans - Pane Andov... heres the ebook link projectcamelot.org...

some info about the author www.wariscrime.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I will second The Five People You Meet In Heaven. It's a beautiful story!!! (The book is much better than the movie so read it first!!)

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
I loveeee this one...I read it every couple of months to refresh my memory and it always just makes me feel at peace with everything.

I've heard alot about the Celestine Prophecy and I think I'll pick it up next time I'm at borders!!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
General Yoga gives me that feeling.

When I hear about Kundalini I get that tingly feeling up and down my spine that feels eerie but good. I did the kundalini meditation for the first time today and my body has this cold feeling running up and down. Its beautiful.

As of today I have been meditating and practicing mindfulness from day to day since 2008. Then all summer in 2009 then for the last year a bit here and there.

I was thinking about going full board and documenting my findings and going into intensive kundalini meditation and doing yoga twice daily. The tree pose is my favorite it feels so good for some reason.

Other then that the only things that give me the weird feeling are yoga, kundalini meditation, self hypnosis, and other people who are open minded and have had experiences of their own.

No necessarily any books in particular. I use them as stepping stones and seldom finish reading them.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Try the books of Neale Donald Walsch, this chap claims to be recieving automatic writings from God, sounds a bit crazy, but the writings really ring true, and whether hes for real or not, his books changed the direction of my life.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I also like books by Gary Zukav He has very good insight and profoundness as he has had a different life path to those on the Spiritual writing circuit as he was a former Green Beret that served in vietnam that had anger management issues. Complete turnaround now.

Also I recommend;
Ultimate Journey- Robert R Munroe
Seth Speaks - Jane Roberts
The Disappearance of the Universe - Gary R Renard
Your Immortal Reality- Gary R Renard.
The Three Laws of Performance - Steve Zafron & Dave Logan which I am still reading now and gets quite deep in to the issues that affect the way we think and live from day to day and how simply one can change their mindset effectively.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig

I read it when I was younger and recently read it again and it's still just as fantastic. It's not really about zen or motorcycles though there is frequent mention of both.

The River Why by James Duncan is a relaxing, easy read with a water theme that might be nice on the beach.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A book that resonates?

The Law of one, Ra material... it was unbelieveable how much the words of those entities rung true within, I sometimes spent an hour reading one page because I was constantly having epiphanies or visions. Mind blowing stuff, it really triggered memories of the concepts as though I already knew most of it from first hand experience or something and I was just revising and remembering.

Another would be "A wanderers handbook" by Carla Rueckert, beautiful inspiring words and much great wisdom on how to not just get by on this crazy planet but to thrive and grow in the mess. Its free in the internet somehwere.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Trying not to duplicate the excellent choices already mentioned,

other favorites of mine are;

Siddhartha

Tao de Ching

Ishmael

Dhammapada

The Book of Secrets (Osho)

Meditations (Marcus Aurelius)

I dont want to hog up all the good books, but here are some favorites.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone for your suggestions. Very kind of all of you to take some time to share your favorites. Many I have heard of and never I got around to, others I am hearing of for the first time.

Ill have to see what the have at my local Barnes and make my decision there. Ill probably try reading all of these over the next year so. I can't get enough readings of this type. They seem to put inner awareness and spiritual development at the forefront of my mind, which keeps me loving and enjoying every minute of life.

I hope some one else got some ideas ofr their next read here too!

Again thanks to all for the suggestions and the good wishes!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

I am on the last few pages of Soul Stories, and I loved it! I would like to read more of Gary Zukav's stuff. right up my alley!- I was wishing I had mentioned this to OP. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

You know, I dont mean to take business away from Barnes, but you can go to "ABE books," (an online source) and find every one of those books used (in good condition) for pennies on the dollar, even with the shipping charges.

(I worked in a used book store in college)

Its a little known secret that book dealers use, and you can find virtually anything there from collectors items to just cheap reading copies of almost any book available for sale.

Its cheaper, it helps small used bookstores, and it is environmentally friendly because you are reusing the books rather than cutting down more trees.

This was a public service announcement.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I actually have done this in the past and got 4 books almost new for the price of one at a book chain. The problem is I am leaving wednesday. I wish I had though of it sooner. Thanks for the info anyways, if you know of anything that dosent have to be ordered online west of the Boston area im all ears!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

hiya, ive seen this book mentioned on this site, so ive just started reading it and it is fascinating, im up to chap 7 out of about a hundred i think. Well thats the cleaning, laundry cooking gone for the next week!!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The montauk series of books. I just know america has time travel, and things like computers linked to humans in these sorts of projects. Al bialek was right about all the mind control stuff he said in this stuff, and i think they are right about alot more stuff.

Whether the books depict a true experiment or not, it depicts what probably is happening behind the scenes.

The ideas in these books for the most part resonated with me alot.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Zen Mind, Begginers Mind - Shunryu Suzuki

Absolutely LOVE it

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join