It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much money would each person get if we divided up all the money and assets on the planet equally

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When I was in middle school some generous soul wanted to stop the madness of every kid having his bike stolen in the neighborhood and he and his company donated a bike to every kid.

They werent the best but every kid had a bike. Happiness abounds and the stealing stopped, right?

That was the summer I learned theft is not necessarilly rooted in necessity. Apparently necessity is pretty far down the reasons to steal list.

Whenever some topic comes up connected to equality, distrobution or fainess Im reminded of that summer.

Coincidentally it was also the first time an aquaintance died during a criminal act.

So free bikes for everyone!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I wonder how many dollars are left after all the debt is cancled out.
Or is this a net figure?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
nice story thisguy

Sharing the money isnt a quick fix, thinking how to fix the problem is the key. And there is a problem no doubt about it Only a few kids have a bike and they cant share enough to the satisfaction of those who dont. One even Got his nicked last week again.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Damn I'd spend it all within a week.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tyfon

I wonder how many dollars are left after all the debt is cancled out.
Or is this a net figure?

All of it? Just like if I have $100 dollars, but owe $1,000. If you just cancel out my $1,000 debt then I still just have the $100.

If you actually pay the debt though, that's another story. There would be almost no money left. Most of our money is created through debt and fractional reserve banking and doesn't actually exist. For example if I deposit $1,000 in the bank, the bank will reloan part of that money out, say $900 of it. But my account will still say I have $1,000 in there even though there's only $100 left.

Then the borrower will either put it in their account or buy something with it and the person they bought it from will put it in their account. Now their account says they have $900 also.

Now if you add my account and his account together what do you have? $1,900 floating around the economy. At least on paper right? Then his bank will reloan part of it again and you'll have something like $2,700. But it only exists on paper.

Eventually the original $900 loan has to be paid back and the only way to do that is take $900 out of the economy and return it to the bank. When you do, it basically disappears. The guy you got it from, say your boss, his account goes down $900, but when you pay the loan back, mine doesn't go up. It still just says I have $1,000 in it.

And where did I get my $1,000 in the first place? Someone somewhere borrowed that also at one point and time and eventually that debt has to be repaid and that has to be taken out of the economy.

As loans get paid back, all the virtual money sort of vanishes. That's what happened during the housing crisis. When the bubble popped everyone stopped taking out loans, and since that's where our money comes from, there wasn't no money anymore.
edit on 22-7-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Currently there is $33,000 debt per person globally and growing at a 12% annual growth rate for the past decade. In another ten years it will be $100,000 at that rate. With only $7000 per person we will need to print much faster to keep up with the debt growth.

One seventh of a motor vehicle per person or seven people per vehicle, growing at about 8% per year. Reported oil reserves are 215 barrels per person, growth rate unknown.

20 grams of gold per person globally, about the same as a large wedding ring or small coin. Shrinking at an annual rate of about 0.3% or 60 milligrams per person per year. Which generally means the 20 gram amount is very stable for life.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

You can count me out.
I don't want other peoples money. I have no problem earning what I want and have.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join