Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How much money would each person get if we divided up all the money and assets on the planet equally

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is just a hypothetical question and i am not pointing in favor of any one poitical or economical idealogy with this question. Whatever the $ figure would be from such an act of wealth redistrubution, I strongly feel that the top %1 percent would somehow regain their wealth and then some within a matter of days lol!! They are good at money management, manipulation whatever you want to call it. How much money would each person get and do you agree with my theory that the top %1 percent will get their money back and then some within a matter of days, say if the entire planet was put under a capitalist free market economy, how bout under a insert your political or economical idealogy here....




posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't want that sort of system, people will still be scum.

But put it this way. The ptb have enough money behind the scenes to fix the dow jones, now thats the stock market. You need an awful lot of money to be able to do that, just how much, lol.

I doubt the system of dividing everything equally like that would work really well.

The world as a whole needs a socialist sort of system, but what one, who knows?



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I believe it's about US$7000 per person. There are about 800 people in the world with a personal net worth of US$1Billion or more. And yes, they would take your $7000 faster than a dead fish starts to smell.



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I remember hearing that there is enough land for each individual to have 2.1 global hectares. Which is infact quite a large area. It refers to the amount of biologically productive land and water available per person on the planet.


en.wikipedia.org...



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 


Yes, it's much better when the Elites of Britain with the Royal Family own 93% of the land , leaving the rest of the 7% for the serf's to fight it out over.

Long live the Queen



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The human ego would never be able to handle that. It would short circuit. Everyone on this planet being equal? Equal prosperity......coming together as human beings and taking care of everyone? Yeah right!

People need to prove they are better than their fellow human being.....be it money, power, looks, education etc. There is no love among most humna beings. Just ego, vanity, and violence. And everything is made otu of plastic crap nowadays
So we'll be reminded of just how materialistic we are as a people for hundreds and thousands of years. At least the accoutrements of ancient people eventually degraded into nothing back into the Earth. Humans have always been materialistic.



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
remember i said cash and assests, that would include, cars, properties, stocks, business shares, jewelery etc etc....i didnt say it would be a fair system im just asking a hypothetical question, i wonder what it would be for arguements sake..



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If it was just all the currency that was redistributed then nothing would change. The very act of redistributing would destroy any real meaning that currency held; all they would be is just the bits of paper that they are.

Now if the worlds real assests were redistributed, that would be another matter. Anything could happen.



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
also after the stroke of midnight oncethe money is in your hands you would be free to do with it as you please, that is if it was a capitalist free market society, im not sure what they would let you do with it under any other economic or political society, but the hypothetical question would be that the entire world would be under the same society...



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No one would be hungry. Everyone would have a roof over their head. There would be no need for violence. Isn't that how it should be?



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum
 


i agree with that in principle.



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum
 


I think it's a little naive to say there would be no violence. Two rich guys would still fight over the beautiful girl. The world is imperfect. That's what makes it so beautiful. Sure it could be a lot less violent and a little more loving. But perfect it will never be. And who would want to live in a perfect world anyways?



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
each person would have a heck of a lot more then 7k 2.5 acers taht alon is 20k in most cheep places.
all the cash all the gold sliver diomands all the wealthman your accutly talking 250k minum each 800 billion ares he says ok how many million arris above 500 million dobble the 800 number you get 1600 wich is anothe 8 billion
now million airs that have between 100 and 499 now times it 20k 30k even 50k maybe another 8 billion thats 24 billion were up to but what about the 100k million aries from 1 to 99 million tahts another 8 billion up to 32 billion.
wate a second isent there a copple trillion airs? man were missing trillions here think about it the gov spends 4 trillion a year by its self akk
250k easy each a week later there broke and hung over for a month
and every is back to the way it started except I have my house back my kids back and i import a nice NONE american lady



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Yes, it's much better when the Elites of Britain with the Royal Family own 93% of the land , leaving the rest of the 7% for the serf's to fight it out over.


Just to pull you up on this one... Unless you have a legitimate and reliable source for this then you are making it up. In fact, I know you are wrong!

Well according to Wikipedia the global GDP is currently c. US$58 tn and the population 6.8 bn equates to just over US$7,000 per person so credit to mythatsabigprobe for getting it spot on.

This would mean I would have to take a pay cut!

Regards



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi
 


7000 in cash what about all the gold, jewelery, real estate, stocks, bonds, cars, yachts, art.. etc etc?



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut
 


GDP is gold, jewelery, real estate, stocks, bonds, cars, yachts, art.. etc.

EDIT: Correction, it purports to be a measure of all the real goods, jewelery, etc produced in year. It doesn't say anything about existing wealth.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by BlankSlate]



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlankSlate
 


does it? i did not realize gdp includes all that i thought it was just currency. thanks for that info. so 7000 to each man women and child could really help some families have some temporary wealth, depending on how they used it, they might be able to have a better existence what do you think? seeing as how the majority of the planet would probably be rich beyond their wildest dreams with that kind of cash lol!!!!!!!!



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut
 


Most of the money is fictional. Because a lot of it is based on our future work and production. Most of it is based on a loan/printed money.



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
what if we gave every man women and child $7000 us dollars and assigned a social worker to every family and then ended social services and welfare?



posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The assets of the world, when measured with the current value of the dollar, are somewhere on the order of $1 quadrillion.

If they were divided up between everybody, everyone would have stuff totaling a value of approximately $150,000. That includes every man, woman, and child on earth.

Seems like enough to me.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join