It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2007, the cure for cancer was found...but it wasn't profitable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

-Taken from U of Alberta's MCA website:

DCA is an odourless, colourless, inexpensive, relatively non-toxic, small molecule. And researchers at the University of Alberta believe it may soon be used as an effective treatment for many forms of cancer.

Dr. Evangelos Michelakis, a professor at the U of A Department of Medicine, has shown that dichloroacetate (DCA) causes regression in several cancers, including lung, breast, and brain tumors.

Michelakis and his colleagues, including post-doctoral fellow Dr. Sebastien Bonnet, have published the results of their research in the journal Cancer Cell.

Scientists and doctors have used DCA for decades to treat children with inborn errors of metabolism due to mitochondrial diseases. Mitochondria, the energy producing units in cells, have been connected with cancer since the 1930s, when researchers first noticed that these organelles dysfunction when cancer is present.

Until recently, researchers believed that cancer-affected mitochondria are permanently damaged and that this damage is the result, not the cause, of the cancer. But Michelakis, a cardiologist, questioned this belief and began testing DCA, which activates a critical mitochondrial enzyme, as a way to "revive" cancer-affected mitochondria.

The results astounded him.

Michelakis and his colleagues found that DCA normalized the mitochondrial function in many cancers, showing that their function was actively suppressed by the cancer but was not permanently damaged by it.

More importantly, they found that the normalization of mitochondrial function resulted in a significant decrease in tumor growth both in test tubes and in animal models. Also, they noted that DCA, unlike most currently used chemotherapies, did not have any effects on normal, non-cancerous tissues.

"I think DCA can be selective for cancer because it attacks a fundamental process in cancer development that is unique to cancer cells," Michelakis said. "One of the really exciting things about this compound is that it might be able to treat many different forms of cancer".

Another encouraging thing about DCA is that, being so small, it is easily absorbed in the body, and, after oral intake, it can reach areas in the body that other drugs cannot, making it possible to treat brain cancers, for example.

Also, because DCA has been used in both healthy people and sick patients with mitochondrial diseases, researchers already know that it is a relatively non-toxic molecule that can be immediately tested patients with cancer.

However, this was in 2007. Recently, there was a conference held with Dr. Evangelos Michelakis, who was one of the lead doctors and medical researchers to work with this drug, DCA. He has now revealed that his team has been working with DCA in attempting to combat the deadliest form of brain cancer called "glioblastoma". It was shown that DCA killed the cancer cells and the stem cells that cause the cancer, while leaving normal cells unharmed.

Now, i'm no doctor or news broadcaster...but SOMEBODY should be on top of this! This is the most revolutionary thing in the cancer field and nobody knows about it!
Why?!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Two words..................

Cancer Act

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Now here's something worthy of taking time to read! I'll take my time reading / watching all this and pass this along to my friends.
Thanks for posting this, great gathering of information.
I'd love to see what former / actual cancer patients have to say about this.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Check this report out, it's titled "Cancer patients opt for unapproved drug"

www.nature.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Check this report out, it's titled "Cancer patients opt for unapproved drug"

www.nature.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh please, there won't ever be a cure for cancer. EVER.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Krebiozen, Hydrazine sulfate, DMSO, Glyoxilide, Hoxsey's therapy, immune milk etc. Nature has been curing disease and cancer for decades. DCA isn't the first nor the last natural cancer cure that will come to light.

If anyone wants an eye opening exposure to the medical racket and alternative cancer treatment suppression I suggest two books:
Politics in Healing by Daniel Healy and Murder by Injection by Eustance Mullins.

Now I can't wait for our allopathic fiend junkie VonZeDeptya or whatever his/her name is comes in and attacks everything and everyone about how lovely and altruistic the cancer industry is.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Mitrhidatism is also a VERY fascinating aspect to natural cures for disease i.e. snake self vaccinology to be specific. There is a guy in Florida who is approaching I think his early to mid 90's and has been bitten by poisonous snakes numerous times. He never even has a cold or flu.

They have identified a protein in copperhead snake venom that can kill cancer. But the medical estasblishment will find out how it works patent it and make billions.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Are you kidding me ..?? if they allow this .. how will the big pharmaceutical companies make any money ..

The people running the FDA .. which regulates which medicines are kosher or not .. are the CEO's of the pharmaceutical companies .. they rotate year by year .. so they keep it in the circle to help themselves .. simple as all that ..

bastards!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Sure, buy it off the internet. What a good idea.

Michelakis and other researchers are worried by the development. Although DCA seems safe overall, they point to a clinical trial that was stopped early because those taking the drug developed damage to their peripheral nerves (P. Kaufmann et al. Neurology 66, 324–330; 2006). Without a control group, they point out, it will be impossible to tell whether any improvement in the patients' condition is caused by the drug. Patients could also be taking DCA that is not of pharmaceutical grade and might contain harmful impurities.

www.nature.com...

As far as the more recent study goes, there were some encouraging results but...

No conclusions can be made on whether the drug is safe or effective in patients with this form of brain cancer, due to the limited number of patients tested by the study's leads Drs Michelakis and Petruk. Researchers emphasize that use of DCA by patients or physicians, supplied from for-profit sources or without close clinical observation by experienced medical teams in the setting of research trials, is not only inappropriate but may also be dangerous. The U of A results are encouraging and support the need for larger clinical trials with DCA. This work is also one of the first in humans to support the emerging idea that altering the metabolism of tumors is a new direction in the treatment of cancer, Michelakis and Petruk said.

www.dca.med.ualberta.ca...

The study showed that it takes 3 months for DCA to reach effective blood levels. Not very effective against fast developing forms of cancer or cancers which are late detected.

[edit on 5/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
Oh please, there won't ever be a cure for cancer. EVER.

I hope, and genuinely believe, that in the not-too-distant future that kind of quote will be viewed in the same way as the once accepted "the world is flat!"

Thank you to the OP. I am using all methods at my disposal to get this seen by as many people as possible.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
And here's another link to a different man with a different cure for cancer, this one is VERY interesting.

At this stage it has only cured tumors in animals but it has been running its course in advanced labs now and expected to be perfected sometime in the near future.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
*Bump*

[Been reading a lot of this zapper, DCA, natural cure stuff, today]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Is this guy, the inventor of the process, really going to sit back and die...while the slow-mo powers that be get around to approving human trials?

For God's sake man, screw the process...take a shot at saving yourself, and take the treatment with or without medical clearance!

new topics

top topics

join