It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday safe-haven offered in Mojave Desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Doomsday safe-haven offered in Mojave Desert

www.msnbc.msn.com

BARSTOW, Calif. - A company with a doomsday plan is taking money for what it promises will be a comfortable, nuke-proof bunker under the Mojave Desert, with an atrium, gym and jail, and sloppy joes and pearl potatoes on the menu.

Robert Vicino, who runs the Del Mar-based company called Vivos, has collected deposits on half the 132 spaces planned in the 13,000-square-foot bunker in Barstow.

The facility is among several popping up across the country as fears of doomsday have been fueled recently by strong earthquakes, terrorism and predictions of the world's end in 2012 when the ancient
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I found this article a little funny and a bit eerie all at once.

Strange for MSNBC to actually put this up so people can see it.

Doomsday bunker eh?

I wonder if any ATS members have sent money in?

"We're not crazy people, but these are fearful times," Kramer said.

That's the smartest thing I've heard all day

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am so not joining Vault 13.

I do, however, want a pip-boy.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
I am so not joining Vault 13.

I do, however, want a pip-boy.

HAHAHA.

Ohh Fallout.

What a wonderful game and a very eerie look at what our world could become.

It does seem familiar eh?

I'll be really afraid when they open them up for "testing" and a "Live In" program.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I so want to be one of those 132 that gets locked underground after forking over $50,000 for a bunk! Nothing like advertising to everyone exactly where you will be.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"Freeloaders" is how he describes other human beings? What a great guy. He's just another charlatan trying to make money. What a real puke.

Also I'd like to know why all this ex military real estate falls into the hands of private owners. It's you and me who owned this real estate at one time. All these development companies buying up all this old government owned land and turn around making millions. It's disgusting. I see a lot that going on here in SoCal. There are some huge abandoned bases that are being sold for peanuts to developers and being turned into multimillion dollar shopping malls and neighborhoods. America is a pathetic country nowadays and I'm ashamed to say I was even born and bred here.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
why would you need a prison inside a bunker?

i dont think its because people will eventually get sick of each other and then start to kill one another!?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
"Freeloaders" is how he describes other human beings? What a great guy. He's just another charlatan trying to make money. What a real puke.

Also I'd like to know why all this ex military real estate falls into the hands of private owners. It's you and me who owned this real estate at one time. All these development companies buying up all this old government owned land and turn around making millions. It's disgusting. I see a lot that going on here in SoCal. There are some huge abandoned bases that are being sold for peanuts to developers and being turned into multimillion dollar shopping malls and neighborhoods. America is a pathetic country nowadays and I'm ashamed to say I was even born and bred here.

Yup my buddy bought a Missile Silo in main a few years back and now has his house, or compound as I like to call it build inside of it.

It's really funny.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It sounds good but is it water=proof isnt california supposed to break off and sink?????

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust ANY of these facilities...

You pay millions, up front, to fund the project... and if anything DOES go down in 2012... They come in the trough the secret back-door, possibly killing you and your family, and they take over the facility.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
It sounds good but is it water=proof isnt california supposed to break off and sink?????

Isn't the Mojave in Nevada?

I'm probably wrong about that..

As for them coming in and killing us all in 2012 after (if) SHTF, yeah, I agree it could happen.

Get all the "unwanted" into these little tin cans and then just poison us all or something...

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
welcome to the NWO Gas Chambers

and some folks will even pay them to do it

ur better off on ur own in the wilderness
at high elevations. Cavemen used to live
in shallow caves for a reason

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What happens when an earthquake+tsunami hits the indestructible bunker?

Or when lava pours below it or over it?

Or when an asteroid hits it?

Or is it just a money making scheme, preying on rich peoples DOOMSDAY fears?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Lets just hope Dave Icke is wrong about reptilians.

This is just another sad example of sheeple being led to the slaughter.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Scared little cattle running away from their own shadows.

"We're not crazy people, but these are fearful times"

Live in fear, and you shall die in fear.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Taking shelter in a desert.

Gosh. What a great idea. That way if things go wrong and I get out I can die of thirst. Excellent idea.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Why would you build your doomsday bunker in a town that is so close to the US Army's National Training Center? I'm sure that area is a major target for Russian or Chinese Nukes. If it's not a nuclear doomsday why would you build so close to a garrison of Federal troops who could easily seize and commandeer it.

Sucker born every minute I guess.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by jefwane]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I couldn't help but laugh at this, well at least laugh at the people paying paying $50000 to get in here

Im going to have to go check this out, Im only a 20 minute drive away.

If I actually remember about this and go check it out, I'll definitely take some photo's for ATS

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Isn't the Mojave in Nevada?

I'm probably wrong about that..

Not wrong, just not fully informed

It actually covers 4 states, California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona.

Mojave Desert

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If I would build one, I would build one in Northern Canada... Nukes won't go off there. No tsunami will reach there either... and you have food, wood and water. Well not that much food, but you can store years of food underground. And water you just melt snow.

In the desert near US missile silos is really stupid.

And what's stopping anybody who bought a place in the bunker to come in with his friends with firearms and kicking everyone else by force?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

join