It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You See The U Shaped Moon Last Night? Amazing Pics!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

All I know is that I never ever saw it like this here in Europe or anywhere else for that matter.

But i didn't know it actually is supposed to look like that from the equator.

I'm trying to get my head around this.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

we would see that we really have but half a planet, for the Pacific Basin is a huge hole, like some planetary body slammed into it at some distant point it the distant past.... This easily explains the strange, out of place objects that have been found all over.

So get ready, we are in for the ride of the century, and we all have a front row seat. Cheers!

We all know that a planetary body has hit the Earth in the past but it wasn't Nibiru it was the moon.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The Moon does not orbit directly over the equator. Depending on the time of year, this appearance presents itself at different latitudes.

Thanks Phage. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to show up in here

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Meh, the earth moves around the sun, so yeah, at some certain position of the sun and the earth the moon can look like this. Who says we have senn all posible positions of the moon earth and sun?

The fact that we havent seen it before, doesnt mean it doesnt happen every few centuries or millenia.

Nothing really odd about it, just beautiful (especially the picture from Greece^^)

So thaks for ruining a possibly rare natural phenomenon Tin-hattus

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
Has Earths shadow repositioned itself? Last nights "Laid Back" Crescent moon was definitely strange.
Is this a normal phenomenon?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e6064cb21c0.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc748c032ad2.jpeg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

Great photos, expecially the top one, Did you take these? I'm jealous .

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by Tearman
Oh, okay.... so the picture was taken from somewhere far north then? Okay, I've been a serious dummy here. The picture was obviously taken when the moon was about to set... as is evident in the picture, the moon is seen near the horizon.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Tearman]

Are you suggesting that the crescent changes position as the moon sets?
Sort of. The apparent orientation does seem to change as the moon goes through the sky. Here's what the moon should have looked like at different times yesterday from Edmonton, Canada. I assume this is near where the pictures were taken.

But I see that this still doesn't explain your pictures. The lit portion of the moon shouldn't have been oriented so far in the downward direction as seen yesterday from Edmonton. Sorry I momentarily doubted your sanity about the whole latitude thing. My only remaining theory is that perhaps you weren't holding your camera level to the horizon?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yep, I saw that last night. The sky really can be beautiful at times, huh?

Really not much else to say... It is a very normal occurrence, but it is beautiful none the less.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
Meh, the earth moves around the sun, so yeah, at some certain position of the sun and the earth the moon can look like this. Who says we have senn all posible positions of the moon earth and sun?

The fact that we havent seen it before, doesnt mean it doesnt happen every few centuries or millenia.

Nothing really odd about it, just beautiful (especially the picture from Greece^^)

So thaks for ruining a possibly rare natural phenomenon Tin-hattus

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

natural phenomenon

sorry but i dont see this as an rare natural phenomenon but rather i see it as a new phenomenon

Meh, the earth moves around the sun, so yeah, at some certain position of the sun and the earth the moon can look like this.

thats your proof to back up your claim like that?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I live in L.A. and was wearing my UV protective sunglasses. It was about 6pm and the sun was still out. I'mnot sure if anyone else noticed the chemtrail that was crossed like an X directly in the path of the Sun?

This may not make sense to anyone that may have not been able to look directly at the sun during this time....

It was an incredible sight to see...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Informyounow

And what exactly does this have to do with the phase of the Moon?
There's this thing called posting on topic.

[edit on 5/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Cool pictures, they remind me of the Cheshire Cat scene from Alice in Wonderland.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee670aa7d9bd.jpg[/atsimg]

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Gorgeous photos! I have never seen the moon look like that. Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I saw exactly that aswell, at Portugal, but i think it was January.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It was the same in Australia too. I think I've seen it before.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Unusual yes, unprecedented no.

Hope this helps:
flhsgeoscience.blogspot.com...

(I was going to link to a NASA site or create my own diagram but sometimes, as in this case, it would just as likely obfuscate vs. illuminate.)

If interested in these sort of astronomy related topics you may want to take a quick look at follwing software (if nothing else a reminder of how cool open source stuff can be): stellarium.org...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The pictures posted in this thread (except for the ones taken of the moon last night) don't look like the moon last night at all. The tilt is on the bottom right/left as opposed to the direct bottom.

I can't find any on google either.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fe0c1a48f35.png[/atsimg]

Here is a map
The moon is inclined
5.145° to the ecliptic of Earth's orbit
and between 18.29° and 28.58° to Earth's equator.

So sometimes, yes, we will see it "as though" at the equator.

You got it, its called a ground track, and the ground track varies due to the differences in inclinations to the plain of the ecliptic.

The same thing happens to all objects in orbit since the earth is tilted rather then at a 90 degree angle to the plain. Satellites, the ISS, space craft, etc.. all follow a different ground track according to their own orbit inclinations. Even the sun follows a similar ground track, despite the fact that we are orbiting it, because there is a difference in the earths orbit inclination and tilt vs the sun.

This is why we get threads here on ATS all the time (you especially see them over on GLP a lot
) that go something like this (Note: circle one of each option): “OMG the Sun/Moon are rising/setting in the wrong place, its too far North/South”…

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
yes, totally normal for the moon.

thing is.. some of you people just never paid much attention to these things until recently..
but,
some of us have been paying attention for a long time.
and this is normal. lol

Venus next to her was sweet to.
oohh... i mean... nibiru!.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Have you seen all the possible positions of the sun, moon and the earth? You must be thousands of years old.

Yes, thats my explanation, at some point of plaNetary movement the crescent moon looks like this. Dont have to be an asronomer to realize that.

Besides... "new phenomenon" or "rare phenomenon" is just nitpicking about terms.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ok. Besides the first 2 pictures, did you guys notice that little bright light in the back ground in the other pictures?

I'm an atheist but please God let it be a ufo, let it be a ufo, let it be a ufo.

(Waiting with my finger crossed)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join