It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC executive is cut out of parents' will after £100,000 salary is disclosed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

A BBC executive who earns more than £100,000 has been cut out of their parents' will after their salary was revealed in a list of the corporation's top earners.

The manager, who has not been named, was disinherited when the manager's parents discovered the size of their child's pay packet.

Link to article

He probably hasn't been that honest/fair to them or they are just disgusted by his salary/greed.

Good action from them, that will show him who has better ethics.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

There must be more to the story, for the parents to have cut him out of the will.

Possibly he has cried broke to them, and owes them money?

Who knows, really, I think this article is about people having thier salaries published for all to see.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
*cough*whocares*cough*

sorry, something in my throat.

Who cares? Comeuppances are hardly a conspiracy.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

He probably hasn't been that honest/fair to them or they are just disgusted by his salary/greed.

So being successful means one is greedy? 100,000 pounds isn't even that much (not even $150,000). It's a lot, but imagine making that in downtown London where the cost of living is high. In L.A. $150,000 is not nearly as much as $150,000 is here in Ohio. These parents are either delusional hippie's or there is something else going on.

Good action from them, that will show him who has better ethics.

We don't even know the person's name and have no other information on his ethics. This makes me wonder more if you are basing your opinion of this person on what he earns without any other information.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
from the same article.

The BBC published the names and salaries of 107 senior staff last November which showed that more than 382 executives earn more than £100,000.

Almost a third of employees on the list received salaries of £160,000 or more, a quarter received between £130,000 and £159,999, while just under half were paid between £100,000 and £130,000.

It was the first time the BBC had outlined the job titles and departments of those earning the biggest salaries. However, bosses stopped short of naming the majority of employees on the £100k list or explaining what they do to justify their salaries.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think the issue here is that the BBC is funded by a TAX.

We in the UK have - by force of law to buy a television license. It is from this fee that the funding for the BBC is generated. I would suspect his parents (if the story is true) were upset that their TAX was being wasted on his salary.

(I appreciate that this person may just as easily be female - so please replace the his with her if appropriate)

new topics

top topics

join